How To Obtain a William and Mary Application Fee Waiver Easily
William and Mary is a public research university located in Williamsburg, Virginia. It is the second-oldest university after Harvard, and it is considered a “Public Ivy”—a state-assisted university, more affordable than other superior higher education schools but still prestigious.
Even though William and Mary is more affordable than Ivy League colleges, the college fees might be high for some students. When you add the college application fee to the list, expenses become hard to handle. Some students might get discouraged by high application fees, but there’s always the option of getting a fee waiver.
DoNotPay is here to help you get a fee waiver for the William and Mary application.
How Much Is the William and Mary Application Fee?
The application fee for the College of William and Mary is $75. You can pay the fee online or request a fee waiver.
The application fee for graduate programs is $50. You can also request a fee waiver if you’re applying for a graduate program.
Can You Get a William and Mary Application Fee Waiver by Yourself?
You can get a William and Mary application fee waiver when you’re applying for the first time. The University accepts applications submitted through Common App. If you qualify for the Common App fee waiver, you’ll be able to apply to William and Mary for free.
Follow the step-by-step guide below to request a William and Mary application fee waiver via Common App:
- Create an account on Common App
- Start your application
- Select the Profile section
- Fill out the required information
- Click on the Common App Fee Waiver section
- Mark Yes to indicate you want a fee waiver
- Select one or more indicators of economic need
- Sign the fee waiver request
- Tap on Continue
|Can You Get a Fee Waiver Via||Yes/No|
|ACT/SAT Fee Waiver||Yes|
|The Common Application||Yes|
How Will DoNotPay Help You Get a William and Mary Application Fee Waiver?
DoNotPay created the College Application Fee Waiver feature to help students struggling to make ends meet. You can use our platform to submit a fee waiver request for one of the following:
- Fee waiver for transfer students
- Application fee waiver for new students
- Fee waiver for enrollment deposits
After selecting the type of a fee waiver you want to request, our chatbot will ask you a few questions about your financial situation and will fill out the fee waiver request form for you. We will send the form to William and Mary’s Financial Aid Office.
Since most colleges need proof of your financial situation, you might need to acquire your high school official’s signature. DoNotPay can do that too. Instead of sending the form directly to the financial office, we’ll send it to your counselor for a signature. Once we get the signature, we’ll forward the form to the University.
How To Request a William and Mary Application Fee Waiver via DoNotPay
You can follow a few simple steps to request a fee waiver with the help of DoNotPay. We offer you the option to do it from any —without ever leaving your home. Open our platform and follow the steps below:
- Open the College Application Fee Waiver feature
- Select one of three options
- Enter the name of the university and provide the information about your financial status
- Specify if you want DoNotPay to acquire the signature of your counselor
- Tap on Submit
Do You Qualify for the William and Mary Application Fee Waiver?
To qualify for a fee waiver at the College of William and Mary, you’ll need to fulfill certain criteria. Common App created the eligibility criteria according to students’ financial needs.
These are the points that will qualify you for a Common App fee waiver:
- Having an ACT or SAT fee waiver
- Being a part of the family that receives public assistance
- Participating or being eligible to participate in the federal reduced-price or free lunch program
- Taking part in any state, local, or federal program that aids low-income students
- Having an annual income within the USDA Food and Nutrition Service income eligibility criteria
- Being able to provide a signed document about your financial status from a school counselor, a financial aid officer, or a community leader
- Being an orphan or a ward of the state
- Having a status of someone who is homeless or lives in a foster home or subsidized public housing
William and Mary Application Fee Waivers for Graduate Students
When you’re applying to the graduate programs at William and Mary, you can get a fee waiver, but only if you send the request documentation well in advance of the application deadline. If you are late with your request form, the University won’t provide a refund.
You can get a William and Mary application fee waiver for graduate studies if you are:
- An honorably discharged member of the U.S. Armed Forces—You’ll need to send your fee waiver request to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research along with a copy of your Leave Earning Statement (LES) or DD214
- McNair Scholar—To confirm that you have a McNair Scholar status, your undergraduate institution needs to send a letter to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research at William and Mary
- Fulbright Scholar—Send a copy of your notifying letter of selection as Fulbright Fellow to the William and Mary Office of Graduate Studies and Research
- National Physical Science Consortium Fellow—You’ll need to send proof of your selection as a Graduate Fellow to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research. The proof is usually the letter informing you of your Graduate Fellow status
Find Out About Other Ways in Which DoNotPay Can Make Your Life Easier
DoNotPay can help you get a fee waiver for other Ivy League colleges such as Yale, Brown, Cornell, Harvard, Columbia, Princeton, and many others. Apart from helping you obtain fee waivers, our platform can provide you with many other resources for solving legal and administrative issues.
Our app has a wide range of features that you might find useful. You can find out more about what we can do after opening DoNotPay in your .
We’ll help you with:
- Getting application fee waivers from various other colleges
- Making an appointment with the DMV fast and easily
- Contacting friends and family who are in jail
- Finding missing money under your name
- Reaching customer support over the phone without waiting
- Postponing the bills you can't currently pay
- Appealing speeding tickets easily
- Claiming a car, home, or product warranty
- Monitoring and canceling unused subscriptions and memberships
- Solving all your issues with credit cards
- Fighting traffic citations in the U.S.
- Obtaining a refund or chargeback from any company
- Stopping spam text messages for good
- Starting free trials on any service without credit cards
- Getting a refund or compensation from airline companies
- Earning money off robocalls that robbed you of your money and time
- Filing insurance claims fast and easily
- Doing government tests perfectly
- Enrolling in the best clinical trials in your area
- Disputing parking fines in any city
- Stopping spam emails from reaching your inbox
- Putting an end to copyright infringement
- Avoiding phone number verification using a temporary number
- Taking anyone to small claims court and winning
- Learning how to deal with stalking and harassment