Cancel Dominion Power subscriptions in just a few easy steps
Dominion Energy, also known as Dominion Power, is a Virginia-based power and energy company that provides its clients with natural gas and electricity.
How to cancel Dominion Power manually
Unfortunately, Dominion Power doesn’t let its customers cancel their services online. The only official method is contacting the customer service department over the phone. Before you make the call, make sure you have the following information ready:
- Your credit card number
- Your Social Security number
- Billing address
- Account number
- The date of the last charge
- The amount of the last charge
|Can you cancel with||Yes / No|
Cancel Dominion Power over the phone
- Contact Dominion Power customer service on 866-366-4357.
- Ask the company rep to close your account.
- Provide the agent with all the necessary information.
- Ask the agent to confirm your cancelation verbally or to send you a confirmation email.
Make sure you cancel your Dominion Power account well in advance, as the company needs to set the date of your final meter reading. Once your meter is read for the last time, you will receive your final bill the following business day.
Cancel Dominion Power with DoNotPay
Canceling Dominion Power manually can be quite time-consuming, mainly because waiting on hold to reach a free agent may last for a while. If you want to avoid this inconvenience, you can cancel your Dominion Power account with the DoNotPay app. You can do it from any smart device or your computer, and it won’t take you more than several minutes. Here is what you have to do:
- Open the DoNotPay app in your web browser. If you’re an Apple fan, you can download the free iOS version of the app from the Apple Store.
- Click on “Find Hidden Money”.
- Type in “Dominion Power” as the service you want to cancel.
We will cancel your account immediately and let you know via email when your subscription ends.
Does Dominion Power offer a refund after I cancel my subscription?
No, you won’t get a refund. The company will read your meter once you request account cancelation, and you will receive your final bill the next day.
Can I freeze my Dominion Power subscription instead of canceling it?
Yes, Dominion Power allows its customers to put their subscriptions on pause and temporarily disconnect them. To freeze your account, you need to call customer service, request a temporary disconnection, and offer a viable reason for it (e.g., making repairs near your meter base, moving large furniture near the base, etc.). Temporary disconnections come with no fees. Note that during this period, your household won’t have any electricity.
You can monitor all of your subscriptions with DoNotPay
Did you know that 84% of Americans aren’t aware of how much money they’re spending on subscription services? Monthly and yearly subscriptions seem affordable at first, so many get surprised when they realize they cost them hundreds of dollars every month. If you think you’re spending way too much money on your subscriptions and paid memberships, you should consider tracking them. With the DoNotPay app, you can monitor all your subscriptions, find those you don’t use, and cancel them in only a couple of clicks.
Is Dominion Power causing trouble? You can sue it in small claims court with DoNotPay
If Dominion Power has wronged you in any way, you’re probably considering suing the company. If you’re worried about the time you will lose and the costs of hiring a lawyer, don’t be. Our robot lawyer, DoNotPay, can help you sue any company or individual in small claims court without any stress and effort. Our app is a winner of the ABA Brown Award and has won countless small claims court cases, so your chances of winning will be high.
What do Dominion Power’s charges look like on my bank statement?
Frustrated with paying for subscriptions you don’t even use? You’re not alone. DoNotPay allows you to manage and cancel all of your subscriptions and memberships, saving you time and money! Here are just a few more subscriptions we’ve helped our users cancel:
- Blue Apron
- Xbox Live
- CBS All Access
- F.Y.E Backstage VIP Pass
- MBI Probiller
- Planet Fitness
- ABC Mouse
What else can DoNotPay help me with?
DoNotPay is an AI lawyer that can help you deal with many common issues. We can give you a hand with:
- Reaching customer service reps without waiting on hold.
- Suing people and companies in small claims court.
- Setting up an appointment with the DMV fast and easy.
- Avoiding charges once your free trials end
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting traffic tickets
- Disputing parking tickets
- Getting compensation for delayed and canceled flights
- Canceling any paid subscription or membership.