The University of Kentucky Scholarships Deciphered
For some students who plan to attend the University of Kentucky (UK), scholarships and grants are the only way to afford the annual educational costs. The University offers a plethora of institutional scholarships, and this guide will walk you through all of them.
Our comprehensive guide explains which University of Kentucky scholarships you qualify for and how to apply for them in no time!
The University of Kentucky provides scholarships for different student categories, such as:
- College freshmen
- High school students
- Transfer students
- Adults and part-time students
- International students
Many of the above-mentioned scholarships are available for both in- and out-of-state students.
Graduate students can apply for another form of gift aid—fellowships. University of Kentucky students can also opt for additional institutional and departmental scholarships, depending on which of the 16 colleges they’re enrolled in.
If you need a backup plan in case you don’t receive any scholarship from the University of Kentucky, DoNotPay can help! Sign up to learn about all scholarship opportunities that match your qualifications!
You’ll find details about academic scholarships the University of Kentucky offers to incoming freshmen in the table below:
|Scholarship||Who Is Eligible||Annual Award Amount|
|Presidential Scholarship||In- and out-of-state students||Full tuition|
|Otis A. Singletary Scholarship||In- and out-of-state students||Full tuition + housing|
|Patterson||In- and out-of-state students||Full tuition|
|Kentucky Governor’s Scholar Presidential||Kentucky residents||Full tuition|
|Kentucky Governor’s Scholar Provost||Kentucky residents||$2,500|
|Kentucky Governor’s Scholar Provost (Continued)||Kentucky residents||$5,000|
- Felix E. Martin, Jr. Scholarship—Academically meritorious high school students of Muhlenberg and Hopkins counties in Kentucky who want to attend the University of Kentucky are eligible for this award
- Rogers Scholars Scholarship—The Rogers Scholars program is a week-long seminar for 60 carefully selected academically brilliant students. The seminar consists of classes dedicated to developing leadership and entrepreneurial skills and motivating involvement in community service. Students can apply in their sophomore year and attend the classes in the summer of their junior year. The University of Kentucky rewards Rogers Scholars with a four-year scholarship worth $1,000
The University of Kentucky distributes the following non-renewable scholarships to undergraduates:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship Program—rewards all full-time undergraduates on the main campus of the University of Kentucky with $1,500. Recipients must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.50 and have completed at least 12 semester hours
- William C. Parker Diversity Scholarship Program—provides $2,500 for undergraduate students of Hispanic, Alaskan, African American, Native American, Asian, and Pacific Islander heritage
Check the following table for details about scholarships for transfer students at the University of Kentucky:
|Residency Status||Cumulative GPA at the Time of Admission|
|Distinguished Transfer Scholarship||Kentucky resident||3.50–4.00||$3,000|
|Transfer Achievement Scholarship||Non-resident||3.00–4.00||$4,000|
|Wildcat Blue Scholarship||Kentucky resident||3.00–3.49||$1,500|
|Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship||Non-resident||3.50–4.00||The difference between the tuition for in-state and out-of-state students, which can be up to $15,000|
Take a look at the table below to learn about the scholarships available to adults and part-time students at the University of Kentucky:
|Levis D. McCullers Undergraduate Scholarship||Full- and part-time students of non-traditional age||$500 for the fall semester|
|Lexington Woman's Club Scholarship||Applicants must be:
||Up to full tuition amount at the resident rate for the fall and spring semesters|
|Suburban Woman's Club Scholarship|
|UK Woman's Club Scholarship|
You’ll find details about scholarships for international students attending the University of Kentucky in the following table:
|Scholarship||Minimum Requirements||Award Amount||Priority Application Deadline|
|Bluegrass Spirit Scholarship||
|International Ambassador Scholarship||2.50 GPA||$3,000–$16,000||February 15|
|William C. Parker Diversity Scholarship||2.50 GPA||Varies||December 1|
You will need the following documentation to apply for scholarships at the University of Kentucky:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—the UK federal school code is 001989
- Separate scholarship applications
- High school or college transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
Digesting all of the available information about scholarships and figuring out which ones you qualify for can be exhausting. Fortunately, DoNotPay offers a tool that searches for financial aid opportunities—such as scholarships and grants—for you! All you need to do to find scholarships you qualify for is fill out a short questionnaire.
To start looking for scholarships the easy way:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Navigate to the Apply for Scholarships product
- Answer a few questions about your field and level of study, as well as special qualifications—for example, a veteran status
If you need extra financial aid despite receiving scholarships from the University of Kentucky, our app can apply for other no-essay scholarships on your behalf automatically. We use the information you provided in the questionnaire to complete the application forms. By applying for as many scholarships as possible, you’re increasing your chances of getting more financial aid for your next academic year!
Are you overwhelmed by your never-ending to-do list? We’re happy to jump in with a perfect solution to deal with everyday tasks the easy way!
If you are looking for further assistance, our app will show you how to deal with the following tasks effortlessly:
- Taking your passport photos at home
- Joining any giveaway or sweepstake
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting any company’s customer service
- Requesting a return of purchased goods that didn’t meet your expectations
- Stopping annoying email and text spam
- Filing FOIA requests with ease
- Creating legal documents, including powers of attorney or child travel consent forms
If a company refuses to cooperate, use DoNotPay—the world’s first robot lawyer—to sue it in small claims court! Getting the justice you deserve is only a few clicks away!
You can also use our app’s various features to do the following:
- Find unclaimed funds
- Demand refunds
- File warranty claims
- Cash out used gift cards
- Submit insurance claims
- Reduce your property taxes
- Simplify different mailing services