All About a Mobile Notary in Dallas
Visiting a notary public’s office is not the only way to get documents notarized in Dallas, Texas. Since the traditional notarization method is burdensome and lengthy, Dallas citizens often opt to hire mobile notaries and finish the process much faster.
Mobile notaries may not be the choice for everyone, which is why you need to know all the deets before choosing to use their services.
DoNotPay will explain all about booking a mobile notary in Dallas and present another, even more practical notarization method!
How Do Mobile Notaries in Dallas Work?
Mobile notaries travel to agreed-upon locations to notarize documents. Unlike standard notaries public who operate strictly from their offices, mobile notaries will meet you at any place, including:
- Your home or place of business
- Nearby coffee shop or a parking lot
- Nursing home, hospital, or prison
All mobile notaries are authorized to perform the same notarial acts as regular notaries. You can call them to witness the signing of legal documents, such as deeds, trusts, mortgages, or affidavits, but also to:
- Take depositions
- Administer oaths
- Take acknowledgments
- Protest negotiable instruments
- Certify copies of non-recordable documents
If you want to have your document notarized by a mobile notary in Dallas, you need to:
- Find a mobile notary
- Schedule an appointment
- Prepare (or bring) an ID and documents you want to have notarized
- Meet them at the agreed location to complete the notarization process
What Will the Mobile Notary Do During the Notarization Process?
Mobile notaries in Dallas have to follow a state-specific notarization procedure. During the appointment, you can expect the mobile notary to:
- Confirm your identity—You will have to present a valid, government-issued ID, such as your passport or driver’s license
- Evaluate your mental state—If you seem disoriented, intoxicated, unaware of the document’s content, or coerced into signing, the notary will likely refuse to proceed with the notarization
- Check the document—A notary will decline to notarize a document with missing pages or blank spaces
- Monitor the signing—You have to sign the document in the notary’s presence
- Notarize the document—If all criteria have been met, the notary will provide their signature and stamp
- Complete the notarial journal—Texas notaries are required to keep a journal of every notarization
Where Can I Find a Mobile Notary in Dallas?
There are more convenient ways to locate mobile notaries in Dallas than by flipping through yellow pages. You can use various online databases dedicated to finding notaries in any state. Many of them display customers’ reviews, which can help your decision-making process.
The table below contains a detailed description of how to use the most reliable notary-search websites:
|American Association of Notaries||
Should You Choose a Mobile Notary Service in Dallas?
Mobile notaries offer many advantages compared to traditional notary services. The most significant benefit is not having to waste time visiting the notary public’s office. Mobile notaries also have flexible working hours, which means you can schedule an appointment even on the weekends.
All the advantages to the side, mobile notaries have one considerable drawback—the price.
Texas puts a cap on notary fees, but that doesn’t include mobile notary’s travel expenses. Depending on the mileage a mobile notary has to cross to get to you, you could end up paying a hefty sum. If you book a mobile notary on weekends or a holiday, the price goes even higher.
If you want convenience at a reasonable price, Texas offers a perfect solution—remote online notarization (RON).
Benefits of Remote Online Notarization
Online notaries operate via state-approved online platforms and notarize documents in a completely virtual environment—which is especially convenient during the COVID-19 pandemic. Take a look at numerous other perks online notarization provides:
- Scheduling appointments is fast since online notaries are available 24/7
- Getting encrypted electronic notary signature will reduce chances of document alteration and misuse
- Looking for an online notary is not necessary—DoNotPay will connect you with one in no time
Use DoNotPay To Get Documents Notarized Online
No need to search for an online notary since DoNotPay will take care of that for you. All you have to do to schedule an appointment is subscribe to our app and click a few times!
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Find our Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload a document
- Type in your email address
After we send you the link, click on it to book an appointment with the online notary. During the meeting, the notary will:
- Witness you e-signing the document on a video call
- Complete the notarization process with an electronic signature, stamp, and seal
- Send the document back
All that’s left to do is download and print the document, and you are good to go!
Rely on DoNotPay To Solve Your Administrative Issues
Getting your documents notarized, drawing up legal paperwork, appealing parking tickets, and similar activities usually require a lot of effort. DoNotPay offers various useful products that can help you deal with administrative problems quickly and save a lot of time. We can assist you with:
- Creating a professional legal document in under two minutes, including child travel consent forms
- Finding unclaimed money under your name
- File for violent crime compensation as quickly as possible
- Protect your creative work against copyright violations
- Find and apply for clinical trials to get treatments or earn some money
Protect Your Consumer Rights With DoNotPay
Companies complicate cancellation and refund processes intentionally, hoping that consumers wouldn’t want to spend hours trying to solve the issue they’re having. DoNotPay knows how important consumer rights are, and that’s why we created numerous products that can help you:
- Contact customer service quickly
- Get a refund for a faulty product or late delivery
- Return a defective item hassle-free
- Request compensation from airlines every time your flight gets delayed or canceled
- Claim warranties in less than two minutes
- File an insurance claim in a few clicks
- Cancel memberships you don’t use and save some cash
- Sue companies who did you dirty in small claims court
Many people forget to cancel their free trials on time and end up paying for the services they don’t even use. To prevent that, DoNotPay has developed a nifty virtual credit card that will allow you to enjoy free trials risk-free. Our virtual credit card will also help you avoid spam email notifications by generating a random email address that you can use when signing up for a free trial.