Does Your Subscription Box Leave a Loot To Be Desired? Get a Loot Crate Refund With DoNotPay!
Loot Crate is a monthly subscription box service delivering geeky and pop-culture merch mostly to gamers and nerdy-stuff enthusiasts.
When starting your subscription, you have a variety of crates to pick from—anything from general gaming crates to those covering specific fandoms.
The crate can contain collectibles, gaming gear, digital content, drinkware, office accessories, clothing items, and other nerdy paraphernalia.
Supposing you are a subscriber looking to return an item, or an unhappy customer interested in canceling the Loot Crate subscription, you will want to get the basics of requesting a refund from the company.
What Is the Loot Crate Refund Policy?
Loot Crate’s main products are mystery-style boxes, so the company doesn’t offer refunds if you are not satisfied with the content.
You can get a refund in some other cases, but take note that all refund requests are processed individually.
Can I Get a Loot Crate Subscription Refund?
Loot Crate offers no refunds for canceled subscriptions. This means that if you cancel your account in the middle of the subscription term, you cannot get your money back for any unused time.
One thing to consider is the initial 72-hour period from the purchase. If you deactivate your account within that time, the transaction won’t be processed yet, and the funds will go back to your account.
Can I Get a Loot Crate Refund if I Cancel a Multi-Month Subscription?
Multi-month subscriptions have different rules.
If you drop out before the full term expires, you can get your money back except for the company’s early termination fee:
- $30 for the six-month term
- $60 for the annual term
Can I Get a Refund From Loot Crate for Damaged or Missing Items?
As with any merchandise that goes through shipping, mistakes can happen. You could get a wrong item, or something could be damaged in the process.
Loot Crate states that refunds or replacements are possible as long as you report the problem within 30 days. In case the product is available, you will get a replacement, and if it’s not, the company will approve a refund.
Here are some rules regarding damaged and missing items:
- You need to include a photo of the damaged item when you report the issue
- If you get a refund, it won’t include shipping and packaging costs
- Small damage to the packaging is not viewed as a damaged item
Take note that if you do get a refund, you will not get any money back. The amount will be taken out of your next subscription fee.
DoNotPay can help you sort out this issue quickly and without digging through the Loot Crate refund policy.
How To Acquire a Loot Crate Refund With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a pocket assistant app specialized in getting refunds from various companies.
We can help get your money back from Loot Crate by prompting your bank to do a chargeback on the Loot Crate transaction in question.
As a consumer, you have a right to a refund and are allowed to initiate a chargeback on your credit card transactions, as stated in the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA). The only conditions are that the payment can’t be older than 60 days and under $50.
Here are the steps you should take after you open DoNotPay in the web browser:
- Find the Chargeback Instantly feature on your dashboard
- Give the transaction details to our chatbot
- Type in Loot Crate as the name of the merchant
We will start the process by faxing a dispute letter to your bank and making sure you get Visa and Mastercard codes to support your case.
While the crucial difference between a chargeback and refund is that a chargeback is done directly with the bank and does not involve the merchant, DoNotPay goes a step further.
We will also contact the Loot Crate and send them a refund request on your behalf, and we can do the same for any other service.
Check out how to get a refund from any of these popular gaming platforms:
What Else Can I Do To Get a Loot Crate Refund?
Your other options are to get in touch with Loot Crate customer support and ask for a refund. There are a few ways to go about that.
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
How To Ask for a Loot Crate Refund on the Company’s Website
You can contact Loot Crate customer support by submitting a ticket online and asking for a refund. You do have to be specific in your request and ask for a refund and not an exchange.
Here is how to submit your refund request:
- Go to the Loot Crate website
- Click on the Submit a request button in the top right corner
- Type in your email address
- Enter your first and last name
- Select the crate in question from the drop-down menu
- Choose the appropriate option from the How can we help you drop-down menu—If you want to cancel your subscription and get a refund, pick Accounts, and if you have an issue with an item, pick Replacements/Exchanges
- Type in Refund Request in the Subject field
- Create and paste your refund request letter in the Description field
- Attach photos of the damaged item if that applies to your case
- Click on the Submit button
How To Ask for a Loot Crate Refund on Twitter
Loot Crate has an active Twitter account and uses it as an official customer support resource for its clients.
You can send them a direct message and inquire about a refund.
How To Ask for a Loot Crate Refund via Email
Another option is to contact Loot Crate customer support at email@example.com.
Follow the same steps as you would with the form on their website—provide contact info, details about the crate in question, snapshots of the items, and a detailed refund request.
Unearth DoNotPay’s Amazing Resources
Why stop at refunds?
If you are a fan of subscription boxes, you know how difficult it can be to cancel them before an automatic charge hits you.
Our app can also sign you up for any service with our free virtual credit card with no deposit.
This virtual credit card is instantly approved for any free trial, which means you can try out Lightroom, Origin Access, Minecraft, Adobe InDesign, Kindle Unlimited, or any other service without worrying about being charged.
To find out what else we can do, access DoNotPay from your web browser.
Here are some of the tasks we can take over:
- Procuring refunds from other services
- Booking a DMV appointment
- Settling credit card problems
- Safeguarding your work from copyright infringement
- Terminating subscriptions or memberships
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Signing up for free trials safely
- Blocking spam texts
- Getting refunds and compensation from airlines
- Disputing parking tickets
- Dealing with bills that are too high to pay
- Defending yourself from stalking and harassment
- Preventing spam mail for good
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Skipping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting even with robocall scammers
- Finding suitable clinical trials