How To Verify My Facebook Account Without Phone Number
Numerous platforms use phone verification processes for registering and maintaining accounts. The reason for this is the increasing number of scams and fraudulent accounts and the general safety of the users.
Many people are not thrilled with the idea of giving out their phone numbers, and therefore often try to bypass Facebook’s phone verification.
Both options can take a lot of money and time and be unreliable in the end. DoNotPay came up with a temporary number feature that can help you sign up for Facebook, or any other platform, in no time and hassle-free!
What Is Phone Verification?
Phone number verification is a procedure used to confirm that your phone number is in service and that a real person is behind the account. This can be done either with an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) or via One Time Password (OTP). Verifying your phone is also used when you want to log in from a new device.
How Do I Verify My Phone Number on Facebook?
In most cases, users chose the OTP option. To verify your phone number on Facebook this way, you have to do the following:
- Enter your phone number using your country code
- Chose Send Code
- Open the SMS with the confirmation code
- Type the code in the provided space or click Resend Code if something went wrong
- Click Next to submit
Facebook will send a confirmation code to the verified number every time you log in from a different browser or unknown device. If that occurs, enter the code to access your account.
Why Does Facebook Insist on Phone Number Verification?
Facebook is overflowing with hoaxers, spammers, and fake accounts used for stalking and harassment. Identity theft is not uncommon and shouldn’t be taken lightly.
The phone number verification system was introduced to prevent fraudulent activities and make tracking fake and spam accounts easier.
Another benefit of having a verified phone number is that even if someone has your password, they won’t be able to access your account without entering a confirmation code.
How To Get Past Facebook Phone Verification?
Facebook users are creative in finding ways to sign up for Facebook without giving their actual phone numbers. Some of the go-to choices are:
- Buying a burner phone with a prepaid SIM card
- Using the fake phone number apps available online
- Asking a friend to use their number
All these options come with downsides. Buying and disposing of burner phones is not cheap or eco-friendly. Fake phone number apps are not very reliable, and using someone else’s number can be tricky since the majority of the population uses Facebook, and a number can be used only once.
Here is a handy overview to help you understand what can and cannot get you past the Facebook phone verification:
|Can I Verify Using?||Yes/No|
|Burner phone with a prepaid SIM card||Yes|
|Fake phone number apps||Yes|
|Disposable temporary email||No|
|Friend’s phone number||Yes|
Reasons To Use Fake Numbers for Facebook Phone Verification
According to the Pew Research Center, six-in-ten Americans think it is impossible to prevent companies or the government from collecting data about them. They are mostly right. Many social media platforms, including Facebook, sell their users’ personal information to marketing agencies and other companies.
Here are several other reasons why you shouldn’t use your real phone number on Facebook:
- It is widely known that they don’t keep their data safe
- When they sell your information, it could lead to spam calls or texts
- It can lead to stalking or harassment
- If you already have an account, but you need one for your business, you will need a new number for phone verification
- You could become a victim of confirmation code text scams
Get Around Facebook Phone Verification With DoNotPay
Trying to keep your personal info safe on the web is a demanding task, and the risks are growing larger. DoNotPay has that in mind.
Our Burner Phone feature allows you to sign up for Facebook without serving your information on a silver platter. Here’s what you should do:
- Access DoNotPay from any web browser
- Choose Facebook as the company you need a number for
- Click Create a Temporary Number
- Use the number we generated to create an account
- Type the confirmation code that DoNotPay displays
You can use this number once, as it gets automatically deactivated after 10 minutes. That does not mean we won’t help you create other accounts. With our subscription, you can create multiple temporary phone numbers and make accounts for various companies and social media platforms.
Sign Up for Free Trials With Our Virtual Credit Card
Not being comfortable with giving out personal details goes hand in hand with avoiding financial information disclosure.
Luckily, DoNotPay’s free virtual credit card is here to help you sign up for free trials without exposing your information. As it is only used for free trials, it doesn’t hold any funds, so there is no risk of getting charged.
Here is how it works:
- DoNotPay creates a virtual credit card on your demand
- You use it for a free trial
- After the trial runs out, the service cannot charge you because there is no money on the card, and it is not connected to your bank account
- You get automatically unsubscribed
With the virtual credit card, you can enjoy free trials for any service without the fear of forgetting to cancel and getting charged. Most importantly, there is no risk of someone using your credit card information or doing anything illegal with it.
Try Other DoNotPay’s Features and Make Your Daily Tasks Easier
With DoNotPay, you can create accounts for any service or social media you like. We will deliver a temporary phone number if you want to sign up for Google, Instagram, Snapchat, Tinder, or Grindr. Don’t let your personal and financial information get into the wrong hands. Use DoNotPay to pass the verification process when signing up for Venmo, PayPal, or Craigslist.
Log in to DoNotPay from your preferred web browser and gain access to our practical features for managing tedious tasks, such as:
- Resolving credit card issues
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Getting free trials without any risk
- Freeing yourself from spam mail for good
- Putting an end to text spam
- Signing up for clinical trials
- Requesting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Disputing speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Making a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds and compensation from any company
- Cutting the line when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting in touch with your loved ones in prison
- Signing up for other services without phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed property under your name
- Waiving college application fees
- Filing a claim for any warranty