Waive the George Mason University Application Fee Without Hassle
George Mason University (GMU) is a public research facility near Fairfax City in Virginia. The University offers a variety of graduate degrees and more than 100 programs at the undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and professional levels.
Like numerous other universities and colleges, George Mason University has a college application fee policy. Many people disapprove of that policy since there are other expenses included in the application process. GMU offers to waive application fees for qualified students, usually those experiencing financial hardship.
The fee waiver process can sometimes be demanding and time-consuming. If you are looking for a way to expedite the procedure, try DoNotPay’s College Application Fee Waiver feature.
Everything You Should Know About the George Mason Application Fee
According to a study by U.S. News, the average cost of college application fees is $44, with some universities requesting up to $105 for an application. To see how the GMU application fee ranks consult the following table:
|George Mason University Students||Application Fee|
|Undergraduate U.S. citizens and permanent residents||$70|
|Undergraduate international students and students with non-immigrant status||$80|
|Graduate students (regardless of the status)||$75|
All application fees are nonrefundable, but you can request a fee waiver if you are eligible.
What Is a College Application Fee Waiver?
Having to pay one college application fee does not sound like a big expense. But why would anyone risk their chance for adequate higher education by applying to only one school? Considering that the average American student applies to seven to ten colleges, application fee expenses can increase immensely.
Most universities in the U.S. have a fee waiver policy, but to obtain a fee waiver, you have to either be automatically qualified or meet certain requirements.
Am I Eligible for Automatic College Application Fee Waiver?
You are automatically eligible for a college fee waiver if:
- You have already had your SAT or ACT fees waived
- You are considered fee waiver eligible according to the district or state programs
Who Can Qualify for a College Application Fee Waiver?
If you are not automatically eligible, check out the following requirements for obtaining a fee waiver:
- Living in a foster home, federally subsidized public housing, or being homeless
- Having an annual family income below the Income Eligibility Guidelines regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s Food and Nutrition Service
- Being enrolled in a state, local, or federal program that helps students from families with low income
- Receiving public assistance from the U.S. or state of residence
- Being enrolled or qualified to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program (FRLP)
George Mason University Specific Fee Waiver Requirements
Some universities have specific eligibility criteria when it comes to acquiring fee waivers. Take a look at the following list showing who can qualify for getting an application fee waiver at GMU:
- First-year applicants who are eligible for the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), Free and Reduced Lunch Program (FRLP), or Fairfax College Partnership (FCPP) fee waivers. The student’s guidance counselor must sign fee waiver forms
- Freshman applicants who have participated in the Governor's School at Innovation Park
- First-year applicants who are high school scholars and have earned Mason college credit by attending Mason's Washington Scholar Programs
- Freshman applicants who are members of the Early Identification Program (EIP)
- Graduate, non-degree, and transfer applicants that are full-time Mason faculty members or classified staff
- Participants of the Mason Dream Catchers program
- Transfer applicants who are graduates of the Pathway to Baccalaureate Program
- Transfer students who are currently receiving a full PELL Grant Award at their current institution. Documentation showing full PELL is mandatory
- Eligible Virginia residents 60 years or older with a taxable income of less than $23,850 may qualify for an application waiver under the terms of the Senior Citizens Higher Education Act of 1974
How To Obtain a GMU Application Fee Waiver on Your Own
If you qualify for the George Mason University fee waiver, you can request it by:
- Confirming with the GMU admissions office that you are eligible for a fee waiver
- Collecting the mandatory documentation, based on your fee waiver qualifications
- Submitting the request along with the documentation during the orientation registration
Contact the University’s Office of Admissions for more information via:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 703-993-2400
How To Acquire a College Fee Waiver Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay has a convenient feature that helps students with financial difficulties get adequate aid in the form of college fee waivers.
What Type of Fees Can You Get Waived?
You can use this practical feature to get three types of fee waivers:
- Transfer student
- Enrollment deposit
- New student application
How To Manage This?
By using an extensive database of all the universities in the U.S., we enable you to request a fee waiver for most colleges in the States. With our fee-waiving tool, you can request fee waivers for as many colleges as you like without doing the research, collecting information about each university separately, and gathering documentation.
What Can DoNotPay Do?
We take satisfaction in helping you avoid any tedious work. When it comes to waiving fees, we make that happen by:
- Completing the form on your behalf
- Handling the mailing process
- Obtaining your high school counselor’s signature, in case you need it
- Filing the fee waiver request directly to the university’s admissions office
How To Use DoNotPay for Obtaining a College Fee Waiver?
The process of requesting fee waivers can be demanding and stressful. To make it simpler and less time-consuming, DoNotPay created the College Application Fee Waiver feature.
To reduce the costs of applying to colleges, you should do the following:
- Access your DoNotPay account from any web browser
- Select the College Application Fee Waiver feature
- Choose the type of fee you want to be waived
- Find the college you are applying to and select it
- Answer a few questions regarding your financial situation
- Inform us if you need the counselor’s signature
We will notify you once the university’s admissions office reviews your fee waiver request.
Fight Bureaucracy With DoNotPay
Don’t let the application fees intimidate you. With DoNotPay, you can request fee waivers for colleges anywhere in the U.S.
Use our help to obtain fee waivers for Harvard Law, Brown, Columbia, Duke, Virginia Tech, or Emory University. Learn how to get fee waivers for graduate school tests and graduate school applications, or find out how to request a fee waiver with Common App.
Access DoNotPay from any web browser, and get assistance with:
- Putting an end to SMS spam
- Signing up for clinical trials
- Resolving credit card issues
- Terminating any subscription or membership
- Disputing infuriating traffic tickets
- Dealing with bills you are not able to pay
- Getting protection from stalking and harassment
- Jumping the phone queue when calling customer service agents
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocall scammers
- Getting connected with your loved ones in prison
- Keeping your work safe from copyright violation
- Setting up a DMV appointment trouble-free
- Requesting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Appealing parking tickets
- Getting justice against anyone in small claims court
- Getting refunds from various companies
- Enjoying free trials without any risk
- Getting rid of the email spam
- Signing up for any service without phone number verification
- Finding unclaimed property under your name
- Waiving college application fees
- Filing a claim for any warranty