How To Claim Generac Generator Extended Warranty—A Step-By-Step Guide
Generac is a manufacturer of power products, including residential, portable, industrial, and commercial generators. It is best known for its home backup generators.
If you have Generac extended warranty and your generator is malfunctioning, DoNotPay can help you claim your generator extended warranty.
What Does Generator Extended Warranty Cover?
Generac offers five-, seven-, and ten-year extended warranty plans for residential and commercial standby generators. Here is what these plans include:
Type of Warranty and Duration
|Generac Five-Year Extended Warranty||Generac Seven-Year Extended Warranty||Generac Ten-Year Extended Warranty|
|Five years or 2,000 hours||Seven years or 2,000 hours||Ten years or 2,000 hours|
These plans cover only the registered, permanently wired, and mounted units with available proof of purchase, performance, and maintenance.
Five-year extended warranties for portable generators below 7500W, 7500W+, and power washers are non-transferable from the original owner.
Generator extended warranty plans do not include the following:
- Damages caused by the use of a Non-Original Equipment Manufactured part
- Corrosion of steel enclosures after the first year of the purchase
- Engines, driven components, and fuel tanks with a separate manufacturer's warranty
- Normal maintenance costs
- Failures and damages due to accidents, normal wear and tear, misuse, neglect, improper installation or sizing, insect or rodent infestation
- Repairs or diagnostics performed by anyone other than independent authorized service dealers
How To File a Generac Generator Extended Warranty Claim by Yourself?
If you would like to claim Generac extended warranty on your own, you can do it via:
- Service dealer
Here is a list of ways you can claim your generator extended warranty:
|Can You Claim Your Warranty With||Yes/No|
Claim Your Generator Extended Warranty Over the Phone
You can contact Generac customer support by calling them at (888) 436-3722. It might take some time for a representative to answer your call, but be persistent as they are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Send a Fax
Another way to get in touch with a Generac customer support representative is by sending a fax to (262) 544-4851. Explain the issues you have been having with your generator and ask for further instructions.
Write to Generac
You might want to mail a letter explaining the problems you have been experiencing and supplemental proofs. You can send your letter to:
GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS, INC.
P.O. BOX 8
Waukesha, WI, USA 53187
Do not forget to provide your contact details so that a representative can reach you.
Get in Touch With a Service Dealer
You can claim your generator extended warranty by visiting or contacting a local independent authorized service dealer. Here is how you can get their contact information:
- Access the dealer locator feature
- Choose what service or product you are looking for from the drop-down menu
- Enter your ZIP or city
- Select your state
- Choose the miles from the drop-down menu
- Click Search
Can DoNotPay Help You Claim Generac Generator Extended Warranty?
DoNotPay can help you file a Generac extended warranty claim fast. Our app will do everything for you, and you can initiate the process following these easy steps:
- Open DoNotPay in your
- Opt for Claim Warranty
- Select Warranty on a Purchased Item
- Choose Generac, enter your purchase and warranty details, and describe the problems you are having with the generator
- Click on Submit My Claim
DoNotPay will claim your generator warranty for you, and you should wait for Generac customer support to reach out to you at their earliest convenience.
What To Do if Your Generac Generator Extended Warranty Claim Gets Rejected?
DoNotPay can help you in case Generac denies your warranty! To appeal the decision, you should:
- Access DoNotPay from your
- Select the Claim Warranty feature
- Choose Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Indicate whether the manufacturer or an extended warranty provider rejected your claim
- Provide the details on your rejected warranty claim
DoNotPay submits your appeal automatically, and you will hear from a customer support representative in due time.
If you are having problems with a dealer refusing to cancel your extended warranty, we can jump right in.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay can help with many administrative issues taking up a lot of your time and energy. We answer different questions about warranty procedures, such as how to claim your Cadillac, Jeep, or Lenovo warranty. We know the ins and outs of warranty laws and can take care of your problems!
Access DoNotPay from any and get our help with:
- Handling issues with credit cards
- Getting a refund from any merchant or business
- Protecting yourself from spam text messages
- Terminating your subscriptions or memberships
- Protecting yourself from stalkers and harassers
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Applying for free trials
- Suing businesses and individuals in small claims court
- Avoiding waiting for customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting compensation for robocalls
- Getting rid of spam emails for good
- Submitting college fee waiver requests
- Submitting insurance claims
- Getting DMV appointments in the blink of an eye
- Contesting parking tickets
- Signing up for a clinical trial
- Getting compensation and refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Claiming your warranties
- Passing government tests
- Dealing with problematic bills
- Getting in touch with incarcerated friends and family members
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Skipping phone verification when applying for services
- Locating any forgotten assets under your name