UT Dallas Scholarships—Everything You Need To Know
Applying for a scholarship at the University of Texas at Dallas (UT) is the best option for students who can’t afford sky-high tuition and other associated costs. In addition to being non-repayable, this type of financial aid offers a variety of options for different types of students. Check out this easy-to-read guide and get all the answers concerning UT Dallas scholarships.
UT Dallas scholarships are awarded based on:
Nearly 70% of students enrolled at UT Dallas receive some form of need- or merit-based financial aid in the form of loans, work-study, scholarships, and grants.
Scholarships at UT Dallas can be divided into three groups:
- Freshman scholarships
- Transfer scholarships
- Additional scholarships
Each year, UT Dallas freshmen are offered Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES). See more details about this one and other freshmen scholarships in the table below:
|Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES)
|UT Dallas Academic Excellence Scholarships are given to students based on their overall academic achievements, community service, leadership, extracurricular activities, work experiences, or any national recognition
|Eugene McDermott Scholars Program
|One of the most selective and prestigious undergraduate merit awards in the country. To apply, you must be an incoming freshman to UTD, be in the top 5% of your class, and show interest in science, literature, and the arts
|Terry Foundation Scholarship
|Provides opportunities for scholars to improve intellectually, culturally, and personally. Incoming freshmen who demonstrate exceptional leadership, scholastic ability, and character are welcome to apply
|National Merit Scholars Program
|Combines unique educational opportunities with a generous financial award. Applicants must be National Merit finalists who designated UT Dallas as their first-choice institution when applying for a scholarship
|Diversity Scholarship Program
|Targets students who have excelled academically in high school or community college while also demonstrating financial need
If you are a transfer student, you can apply for these scholarships:
- Comet Transfer Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarship
The award amount for both scholarships depends on your GPA. To be able to apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Texas resident at the time of admission
- Have a cumulative transferable GPA of 3.5 or higher at the time of admission
- Must have earned at least 30 semester credit hours
For all questions regarding UT Dallas transfer scholarships, you may contact the Financial Aid Office at 972-883-2941 or send an email at email@example.com.
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communications
- School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences
- School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences
- Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Naveen Jindal School of Management
- School of Natural Science and Mathematics
There are some other external scholarships you can apply for but keep in mind this requires a lot of research.
If you want to avoid all the hassle of looking for scholarships, . DoNotPay will match you with all scholarships you qualify for within minutes!
We can help you find other scholarships that are not associated with a specific university or college. Some of them are scholarships for women, international students, veterans, and high-school seniors.
To be eligible for one of UT Dallas scholarships, you must:
- Be admitted to the university
- Have a record of academic merit in high school or community college
- Be a full-time undergraduate student enrolling for the first time at UT Dallas in the fall semester
- Have a GPA of 3.0 if transferring from another university or community college
You have to take the following steps to apply for a UT Dallas Scholarship:
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form or the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA)
- Submit a scholarship essay on the topics indicated on the application
- Present a letter of recommendation from a professor or advisor
- Send your resume (as a PDF or Microsoft Word document)
If you are drowning in the sea of information and have trouble finding a scholarship that would be the best fit for you, do not despair. Let us take the matter into our hands and solve the issue in no time!
Follow these four simple steps to get started:
- Locate the Apply for Scholarships feature
- Answer a few questions about your:
- Level of study
- Types of scholarships you want
- Educational interests
- Submit the questionnaire
Once you’ve completed all four steps, we will process your answers and create a list of the best scholarships you qualify for. We will also inform you about the exact amount you can get, the application deadline, and more.
Tired of dealing with bureaucracy? We understand the struggle, and that is why our app makes handling administrative tasks a breeze!
Regardless of whether you need to compose a legal document, such as a power of attorney or a child travel consent form, appeal property taxes or your parking tickets, file a financial aid appeal and a FOIA request, or get a document notarized, DoNotPay has got you covered!
In case you also need to submit anonymous HR complaints, our app will provide you with the easiest way to do so!
Do you like to shop until you drop? With DoNotPay, you won’t have to worry about dropping! We’ll make sure you can:
- Reach customer service without the long wait
- Sue companies in small claims court and seek the justice you deserve
- File an insurance or warranty claim in a snap
- Request gift card cash back
- Send item return requests
- Get a refund from any company in no time