How To Avoid Paying for the UC Davis Application Fee in a Few Clicks
The University of California, Davis (UC Davis) is a public university near Davis, California. It has one of the largest enrollments in the University of California system, after UCLA, UCSD, and UC Berkeley. The university is rated R1, which means it has a high level of research activity.
How Much Is the Application Fee for UC Davis?
The application fee for domestic applicants is $70, whereas, for international students, the fee is $80.
If you are applying to graduate studies at UC Davis, you’ll pay a hefty application fee of $120 if you’re a U.S. citizen. For international applicants, the fee is even higher—$140. Unfortunately for graduate applicants, fee waivers aren’t available based on financial circumstances.
How To Avoid Paying College Application Fees With the Help of DoNotPay
Let DoNotPay help you lower your expenses—get a college application fee waiver with a few clicks. The process of waiving application fees with DoNotPay is the fastest because we fill out the form instead of you and mail it directly to the financial aid office of your desired university. Because we have an extensive database of all U.S. universities, our College Application Fee Waiver feature will work with any school in the USA.
We can help you avoid the following fees:
- New Student Application Fee
- Transfer Student Fee
- Enrollment Deposit Fee
DoNotPay can also request a signature from your school counselor by emailing the fee waiver form and information about your financial situation. Your counselor’s signature will strengthen your fee waiver request.
How To Use the Fee Waiver Feature To Avoid the UC Davis Application Fee
To obtain a college application fee waiver from UC Davis, you’ll need to open DoNotPay in your web browser. After you set up your account and log in, do the following:
- Find the College Application Fee Waiver feature
- Select the type of fee you want waived
- Enter UC Davis as the college you’re applying to and provide information about your financial situation
- Tell us if you want DoNotPay to get your counselor’s signature
How To Obtain a UC Davis Application Fee Waiver on Your Own
You can apply for a fee waiver in any of the following ways:
|Can You Request a Fee Waiver Via||Yes/No|
|The Common App||No|
How To Apply for a Fee Waiver via the UC Application
To apply for the UC Davis application fee waiver, follow these steps:
- Click on Create an Account on the UC Davis application page
- Start filling out your application
- Enter information about your family size and income under the Your Household section
- Tap on Yes during the submission process to send the request
How To Avoid Paying an Application Fee With Other Fee Waivers
If you’ve already acquired an SAT, ACT, NACAC, or a College Board fee waiver, you can use that to your advantage. Here’s how to do it:
- Select Pay by Check during your application
- Send the SAT/ACT/NACAC/College Board fee waiver form to the UC Application Center at:
UC Application Center
PO Box 4438
Greenwood Village, CO
Requesting a Fee Waiver via an Email
Even though you don’t qualify for a fee waiver, you can still ask the school to waive it under specific circumstances. A recent job loss or the death of the main income earner in your family could count as special circumstances.
To ask UC Davis to waive your application fee via email, do the following:
- Select Pay by Check when filling out the application form
- Send a letter to the UC Application Center or an email to email@example.com explaining your situation
Who Is Eligible for a UC Davis Application Fee Waiver?
The federal free or reduced-price lunch program and the UC Davis application fee waiver have similar eligibility criteria. Permanent residents must meet the eligibility criteria defined by the Assembly Bill 540 (AB540) benefits.
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for American Citizens?
When you are a U.S. citizen, you can get your application fee waiver if:
- You acquired an SAT or ACT fee waiver
- The family you belong to has income at or below 130% of the federal poverty level
- You can prove your economic need by obtaining a high school counselor’s signature on a fee waiver request form
Permanent Residents Eligibility Criteria
Permanent residents can apply for an application fee waiver if they are eligible based on AB540. The requirements of AB540 are:
- Attending a California high school for three years or longer
- Having a California high school degree or an equivalent, like GED
- Submitting an affidavit to the Californian public college or university
Are You Eligible for a Fee Waiver if You’re a Graduate Student?
The university will waive application fees only for students who participated in specific graduate programs:
- Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP)
- Cal-Bridge Scholars
- LSAMP (Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation)
- NIH Bridges to the Baccalaureate
- CAMP (California Alliance for Minority Participation)
- Envision UC Davis program participants
- Gates Millennium Scholars
- UC LEADS (Leadership Excellence through Advanced Degrees)
- MMUF (Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship)
- NIH Bridges to the Doctorate
- HSI Pathways to the Professoriate
- MBRS (Minority Biomedical Research Support)
- McNair Scholars
- PREP (Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program - NIH)
- Sally Casanova Pre-Doctoral Scholar (CSU)
- IRT (Institute for Recruitment of Teachers)
- UC-HBCU Initiative Summer Research Program
- UCDGAP (Graduate Admissions Pathways)
You’ll need to provide the name and contact information of your program coordinator. After you submit your application, the university will waive your application fee automatically.
The complete list of programs is available on the Admission Requirements page.
Solve Your Legal and Administrative Issues With DoNotPay
Don’t give up on your dreams because you’re not able to pay for all the applications—let DoNotPay handle this issue for you. We can help you obtain college application fee waivers for colleges across the U.S., including UIUC, Cornell, University of Michigan, University of Miami, and various others.
If you’ve decided to study in California, you can try to obtain the BOG fee waiver. Those who intend to drive while studying there need to make sure that their CA driver’s license is valid. DoNotPay can help you renew your driver’s license in California without unnecessary delays.
Find out what else our platform can offer you by opening it in your web browser. We’ll help you with:
- Fighting parking citations
- Reaching out to a loved one in prison
- Dealing with credit card problems
- Signing up for free trials without revealing real credit card numbers
- Filing insurance claims in under five minutes
- Monitoring and canceling subscriptions and memberships you don't use
- Claiming any warranty in a few clicks
- Skipping the wait time when contacting customer service reps
- Blocking spam SMS on any device
- Covering bills you're unable to pay
- Making an appointment with the DMV without waiting for weeks
- Avoiding phone number verification on various services
- Disputing traffic fines
- Preparing for government tests
- Participating in various clinical trials
- Claiming forgotten assets
- Protecting your art and work from copyright violation
- Getting revenge on robocalls easily
- Requesting a refund or compensation from airlines
- Taking a company or an individual to small claims court and winning
- Blocking spam emails for good
- Requesting refunds or compensation from any company
- Reporting stalking and harassment
- Requesting other application fee waivers
- Contesting speeding tickets