SFO Lost and Found Department—All You Need To Know
Being the largest airport in the California Bay area, the San Francisco airport (SFO) serves around 35,000 people daily, and many of them lose something in the facility’s vicinity. If you are one of those people, don’t fret because you are likely to retrieve your lost item—be it your phone, wallet, or luggage—if you act quickly.
DoNotPay compiled all the relevant information on how to in one place so you can find your lost item in no time!
There are several ways to start the process of finding your lost item, depending on where you suspect the incident happened:
- On an airplane
- On the bus to the Long-Term Parking Lot or Rental Car Center
- Public areas of the San Francisco airport
- Security checkpoints
If you lost your item on an airplane while flying to or from the San Francisco airport, you will have to contact the airline you flew with. You can find the contact information for all SFO airlines on the airport’s website.
The SFO Shuttle Bus Company handles items left behind in its vehicles, and you can contact it by calling 415-915-9760.
The San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) Lost and Found office stores and processes all items lost in public areas of the SFO. To find out how to contact the San Francisco Police Department Lost and Found office, take a look at the following table:
|Contact Method||Contact Information|
|In person||Terminal 1, Arrivals Level, near Domestic Garage Core C Tunnel,
San Francisco airport
The working hours of the SFPD Lost and Found office are Monday through Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. If you call the office and nobody answers, leave a message with:
- Your first and last name
- Your contact information, such as your:
- Phone number
- A detailed description of the item you lost
- The time and location you last saw your item
If you decide to write an email, include pictures and a receipt for the lost item, if you have any.
Covenant Aviation Security (CAS) is in charge of all items lost at SFO security checkpoints, and you can contact the company’s lost and found office by:
- Calling 650-457-2670
- Sending an email to email@example.com
The working hours of the CAS lost and found office are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
All of the contact methods mentioned above can be tiring, complicated, and time-consuming. You want to learn about your item’s whereabouts and get it back as soon as possible—that’s whyDoNotPay helps you contact the department you need without any hassle!
The process takes only a few minutes, and all you need to do is:
- Type Find Lost Airport Items into the search bar
- Tell us more about the incident:
- When did you last see your item?
- Where do you suspect you lost the object?
- What does the item look like?
After you complete all steps, our app will:
- Get in touch with the airport you need
- Track your lost luggage or other items
- Inform you about your item’s status and location (if found)
By signing up with DoNotPay, you can say goodbye to tiring bureaucracy and:
- File various types of complaints from home
- Apply for clinical trials without any paperwork
- Arrange DMV appointments in a few simple steps
- Submit item return and late delivery refund requests from any location
- Reach out to consulates and embassies more easily
- Contact government representatives in no time
- Pick up unclaimed money under your name in any U.S. state
- Claim warranties in a couple of taps
- File insurance claims effortlessly from your preferred device
If you need some important paperwork, DoNotPay can generate it for you in record time! Our tools can assist you in drafting the following categories of documents:
|Legal Documents||Appeals and Letters|