Reporting the Aer Lingus Missing Baggage With Zero Fuss
Have you realized that your baggage didn’t reach the airport after an Aer Lingus flight? No worries—it’s a common scenario, and you can retrieve your belongings. All you need to do is learn the right way to inform the company about the loss.
This article will teach you how to:
- File a report for the Aer Lingus missing baggage yourself
- Check the status of your report claim once you make it
- Act if your baggage was damaged
- Use DoNotPay to reach the desired airport and track your luggage, phone, wallet, or any other lost item without difficulties
If you believe that Aer Lingus mishandled your baggage, the best way to deal with the matter is to report the loss/delay as soon as possible. You can do it:
- In person
- Over the phone
Here are the steps you should follow to report the misplaced baggage in person:
- Visit the information desk at the airport where you landed
- Explain to the agent that your luggage is missing
- Provide them with specific details that may help them trace your bags, such as:
- Personal details
- Baggage tag number
- State/city you’re coming from
- Airplane ticket number
The operators will contact you once they track down your luggage to arrange the delivery to your home address.
The procedure of reporting missing luggage over the phone is similar to the in person one. The only difference is that instead of visiting the airport help desk, you should call the baggage department at (855) 567-8224 and describe the issue.
Aer Lingus’s specific software allows you to check the status of your report claim. Here’s a step-by-step explanation of how to do it:
- Go to the Aer Lingus official website
- Select the Travel Information tab
- Click on Missing or Damaged Baggage under the Baggage Information section
- Scroll down to the Check Your Baggage Status button and select it
- Enter your Baggage File Reference Number and your name
- Pick Submit
The Aer Lingus agents should be able to find your missing belongings within 72 hours (three days).
If they don’t manage to do it by the specified deadline, the next step for you is completing a delayed baggage questionnaire and submitting it to the Central Baggage Tracing Service. The email address to which you should send it is email@example.com.
The company will return your questionnaire within 3–21 business days and solve the matter accordingly.
You report damaged items by using the same communication channels as when reporting missing luggage. The report must be submitted as soon as possible after arrival. If you hold any type of travel insurance, it’s best to contact the provider first and start a claim.
Here are more details about the responsibilities Aer Lingus bears when it comes to damaged items or baggage:
|Your Baggage||Is Aer Lingus Responsible for It|
|Was damaged during the flight||Yes|
|Has minor or normal wear and tear damage to the exterior of the luggage||No|
|Misses an item (items)||Yes|
|Was damaged in cabin||No|
Reaching the desired airport may require numerous phone calls, which can go unanswered if the lines are busy. You can personally send an email to the desired department, but the agents may take days to respond to your query.
If you need to contact the airport office more quickly and efficiently, DoNotPay will spare you the trouble and do it for you! All you should do is:
- Open DoNotPay
- Pick Find Lost Airport Items
- Give us more details about your lost luggage and additional info about the incident
We will use the details you provide to reach out to the airport for you, which will improve your chances of getting the misplaced item back!
Our user-friendly platform provides solutions for all your bureaucratic problems and tiresome tasks. Once you sign up for DoNotPay, we can help you demand refunds from airlines and other companies, get compensation for late deliveries, and submit item return requests. The app also allows you to send online faxes, use our mailing services, and convert files to dozens of formats!
If you are unhappy with the situation at work, DoNotPay can file anonymous HR or work discrimination complaints in your stead. Discover how to generate legal documents such as divorce agreements and powers of attorney and have them notarized without heading to the notary’s office!
Do you find it difficult to cope with college-associated expenses? DoNotPay sends help your way! Get ready to make your education journey simpler by:
- Getting your college tuition costs waived in a couple of simple steps
- Preparing for government tests at a much more affordable price
- Appealing dissatisfying financial aid decisions
- Searching and applying for college and high school scholarships
If you believe that educating your child at home would be a less pricey option, we help you compose a customized notice of intent to homeschool in no time!