Get in Touch With the Reagan Airport Lost and Found Effortlessly
Losing a phone, laptop, or wallet at the airport is the last scenario you want to go through when hoping for a smooth trip. The good news is that, in most cases, the missing items get back to their owners via Lost and Found offices, but contacting them can be quite a challenge.
If you want to inform the Reagan Airport Lost and Found about the incident and get your item back fast, we can help! Check out our article and get a step-by-step guide on contacting the airport or other lost and found departments more efficiently by using DoNotPay!
Reaching the Reagan National Lost and Found is the best option if you left your valuables in public areas within the airport, such as:
- Parking lots
- Shuttle buses
You can contact the office by calling (703) 417-0110 or sending a fax to (703) 417-0635. The working hours are Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and most queries get answered within 24 hours. The lines are unavailable on weekends and holidays.
Here’s what you should do:
- Pick the desired communication channel and contact the sector
- Explain what happened and tell the representative where you believe you left the object
- Describe the item in detail, including brand, size, color, and other distinctive features
Missing items can also end up in other parts of the airport and in surrounding areas, including:
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security checkpoints
- DC taxis
- Other taxicabs
- Airline gates
Here’s a table containing contact information for all the departments in charge of handling missing item requests:
|Where You Lost the Item||You Should Contact||By|
|Security checkpoints||The TSA Lost and Found||Submitting an electronic form|
|Airplanes, airline check-ins, jetways, and gate areas||Airlines operating at the Reagan National Airport||Calling:
|DX taxis to the airport||DX Taxicab Commission||Calling (202) 645-6018|
If the representatives confirm that your item has been found, you can get it back in one of the following ways:
- Go to the airport’s Lost and Found office (Terminal A, first floor, room M-160) to pick up the item yourself
- Authorize another person to claim the item for you via a Property Release Form
- Request the shipping of the object via Federal Express
- Arrange the mailing of the item via U.S. Postal Service (USPS) for the items whose weight doesn’t exceed five pounds— excluding laptops and electronic devices
- Calling many numbers or sending emails to multiple addresses if you don’t know where you lost the object in question
- Waiting until the phone lines are available, which may take hours
- Getting passed on to many different representatives
- Repeating the description of the misplaced item every time you contact a different office—if communicating with multiple departments
Here’s the drill:
- Visit DoNotPay
- Search for Find Lost Items
- Give us the general info about the item in question
If an airline keeps your ticket money after calling off or delaying your flight, our app gives you a chance to get a refund. All we need you to do is answer a few questions, and DoNotPay will send a compensation request before you know it!
No time to dedicate yourself to drawn-out procedures or solve administrative issues yourself? Keep calm—that’s why DoNotPay is here! By creating an account on our platform, you will be able to:
- Start free trials without being charged once they end
- Reach customer service without waiting in endless phone queues
- Convert various files into different formats
- File complaints with zero paperwork
- Demand public records via a FOIA request
- Request jury duty leave the easy way
- Inform local school authorities about homeschooling your child by sending a notice of intent
- Take and edit passport pictures from home with zero complications
DoNotPay doesn’t bring you money-saving hacks—it actually assists you in cutting out expenses and living more economically. The tools we provide are made to help you pay less for utilities, end unwanted paid memberships, have college fees waived, or get lower tax bills. You can also save more on education-related costs by applying for scholarships and other financial aid via our app!
If you have a few forgotten gift cards lying around, don’t let them go to waste. DoNotPay can cash them out and send the remaining funds to your home address!