Package Not Due for Delivery? DoNotPay Explains What You Need To Do
Does your FedEx delivery status display say ‘package not due for delivery?’ You needn’t worry because DoNotPay will help you understand why you’re seeing this message and what you’ll have to do to get your package promptly.
If your shipment status says that your package is not due for delivery, it might be that way because:
- The sender has selected the economic plan for the shipment, and it’s Saturday. FedEx delivers packages on this day of the week only if it’s a premium shipment
- The package did not make it through security and was sent back to the sender. It will then have to be resent by the sender
- The trucks are overloaded and don’t have space for any additional packages
- The shipper had chosen the allowed early delivery date when sending the package, meaning that he or she didn’t want the parcel to be sent before that date
- Packages that are due for delivery on a certain day are FedEx’s top shipping priority. If your package arrives earlier, it won’t be delivered until the expected date
- Freight arrived while the couriers were on the road, meaning there’s no one available to pick the cargo up
- FedEx doesn’t have enough drivers available at the moment, so it won’t be able to send your package. If this is the case and your shipment is late, sign up for DoNotPay and request a refund in a matter of clicks
FedEx will not allow you to pick up your package before the first delivery attempt. In some cases, you’ll be able to pick it up if you provide FedEx with a valid ID and your tracking number.
If you need the package earlier, you can try informing FedEx customer support that you want to pick it up by:
- Calling 1-800-GO-FEDEX
- Talking to FedEx’s chatbot on the company’s website
- Chatting with FedEx’s virtual agent by texting 29372
Once you’ve explained your situation to customer support, you will have to locate the nearest FedEx where your package is waiting to be delivered. Here’s a table containing all the ways you can track your FedEx package:
|Tracking number||Locate the 12-digit tracking number that’s on your FedEx® International Air Waybill and click on Track|
|Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your tracking number. You will then receive an email with the location of your package|
|FedEx InSight®||This option allows you to locate your package without a tracking or reference number. You can also choose to receive notifications about the status of your shipment|
|FedEx ShipManager™||To use FedEx ShipManager™, you will have to:
|FedEx Desktop||By using FedEx Desktop, you will be able to receive instant notifications about the location of your package|
In case FedEx doesn’t deliver your package on time, DoNotPay can help you! Our AI-driven app can file a claim in your stead, sparing you the trouble of downloading forms or talking to customer support.
To request a refund for a late delivery the easy way, sign up for DoNotPay and:
- Select our Late Delivery Refund product
- Choose FedEx as your carrier service
- Answer a few questions
Once you’re done, we will automatically file a claim to the courier’s claims department in your stead.
DoNotPay also offers a plethora of articles related to delivery problems, including:
- What to do if FedEx lost your package
- What to do if FedEx says delivered but no package
- Where to find your FedEx package
- How to get a FedEx late delivery refund
- What to do if your UPS package didn’t arrive on the delivery date
- How to proceed if UPS loses your package
- What to do about a lost USPS package
DoNotPay comes to the rescue with another handy feature that will spare your nerves and save your time. We can file an insurance claim in your stead in a matter of clicks, and here’s how our feature works:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Search for the insurance type
- Type in some basic info, such as your policy number or contact details
- Tell us why are you filing the claim and provide details of the incident
We will automatically file the claim for you, and if the insurance company has any questions, you’ll be contacted via phone or email.
Helping you apply for a late, damaged, or missed delivery refund is only a fragment of what we can do for you. If you aren't satisfied with the service you've received or an item you've purchased, all you need to do is fire up your DoNotPay app.
We can bypass any company's customer service, draft a refund demand letter, or initiate a chargeback process in your stead. Our app can also digest the company's return policy and help you send the faulty product back. You won't have to lift a finger as our app does everything automatically after you answer several essential questions related to your purchase. If you decide to mail a letter to the company yourself, we'll tell you how you need to draft it to get exactly what you need.
It doesn't matter whether you bought a package for an incarcerated loved one, expected an insured mail delivery, or made a purchase to redeem a gift card but still have a few bucks left on it—we'll help you make the most of the situation. Our app can get your gift card cash back, file an insurance claim, and connect you with the loved one in jail.
Our app can prove handy in a variety of other situations, such as:
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Drafting a child travel consent form
- Getting important documents notarized
- Entering raffles for free
- Reducing your property taxes
- Writing legal documents and contracts
- Making DMV appointments
- Practicing for various government tests
- Submitting Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
Visit our learning center for a full range of our services.