Have Your Contracts Notarized Without Visiting a Georgia Notary
While the process can be tedious, notarization is important if you want your documents to carry legal weight. The good news is—going to a Georgia notary’s office isn’t the only way to have your wills, real estate deeds, and other contracts notarized.
Learn how to notarize documents without having to go to the notary public’s office. DoNotPay has developed a feature that will help you create any legal document and have it notarized in a matter of minutes.
What Are the Duties of a Notary Public in Georgia?
A notary public in Georgia is authorized to:
- Witness the signing of the contracts
- Administer oaths and affirmations
- Take acknowledgments
- Witness affidavits
- Make certified copies of original documents that aren’t publicly recorded
- Perform other notarial acts according to state laws
All notaries are required to verify the identity of the signing parties before performing a notarial act. The notary’s main purpose is to deter fraud.
How To Find a Notary in Georgia
Besides looking for the nearest notary’s office on Google, you can also find a notary in one of the following places:
- Financial institutions, such as credit unions and larger banks (e.g., Wells Fargo and Bank of America)
- AAA stores
- UPS and other shipping service providers
- Law offices
- Public libraries
Is the Traditional Notarization Method the Most Practical One?
Should you choose to get your documents notarized the traditional way, you will have to follow these steps:
- Look for an available notary
- Schedule a meeting
- Prepare your documents and bring them to the notary’s office
- Provide your ID so that the notary can verify your identity
- Pay the notary fees
- Affirm that you are:
- Familiar with the contents of the contract
- Signing the contract voluntarily
- Sign the document before the notary
- Wait until the notary composes a statement and seals the document with a notary signature and stamp
The entire process is bothersome and time-consuming, which is why more and more people turn to alternative methods, such as:
- Hiring a traveling notary to come to your home, office, or any other place of your choosing. Bear in mind that mobile notaries in most states charge additional fees for travel expenses
- Registering for one of the online notary services to get your contracts notarized remotely. Most platforms charge a pretty penny for each notarized document, which isn’t ideal if you need to do it often
How Much Can a Georgia Notary Charge for Notarization?
The state law allows notaries in Georgia to charge up to $2.00 per notarial act. Traveling notarizes in Georgia have the right to charge an additional fee for their travel expenses. The notary is obligated to tell you the exact price of the service before notarizing your documents.
Get Your Contracts Notarized Without Visiting a GA Notary—Sign Up for DoNotPay
DoNotPay has created a convenient yet wallet-friendly online notary feature to help you have your documents notarized in Colorado, Maryland, or any other state hassle-free. You can try out our feature by doing the following:
- Sign in to
- Select our Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload your document
- Enter your email address
DoNotPay will email you a link that will redirect you to a web page where you can schedule a meeting with an online notary. The notary will witness your signature via a video call and certify it with the electronic signature and stamp. The following list includes some of the states you can get your documents notarized in through our app:
Are you still not sure which notarization method is the most efficient one? The following table will help you make an informed decision:
|Ways To Get Your Contracts Notarized||Effective||Time-Efficient||Affordable|
|Traditional Notarization Process||✔||✘||✔|
|Online Notary Service||✔||✔||✘|
Drawing Up Legal Documents Is Duck Soup With DoNotPay
Hiring a lawyer to create your legal documents can make a big dent in your budget. While you can consult various contract templates, none of them will fit your contract needs perfectly. That’s why DoNotPay came up with an affordable solution to help you draw up personalized contracts for a modest subscription fee.
Our Legal Documents feature will assist you in writing professional documents in two minutes. Here’s what you need to do:
- Enter the name of the document you want to write
- Respond to our questions
- Download the contract
Our feature enables you to draw up various documents and get them notarized right away. The following list shows some of the contracts we can help you write:
- Business Contracts:
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Bill of Sale
- General Business Contract
- Non-Compete Agreement
- LLC Operating Rules Document
- Real Estate Agreements:
- Residential Lease Agreement
- Intent To Purchase Real Estate
- Estoppel Certificate
- Quitclaim Deed
- Other Documents:
- General Affidavit
- Promissory Note
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Child Care Authorization Form
- Child Custody
Clear Your Schedule With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is renowned for making our users' lives infinitely easier. Not only can we root out unwanted subscriptions for you—you don't need to do it manually one by one any longer—but we can unsubscribe you from unwanted email and snail mail lists.
Fire up our app and let it navigate the phone tree instead of you or use it to make a DMV appointment at your earliest convenience. Forget about googling clinical trials near you—DoNotPay can sort them out according to your needs and their individual eligibility criteria.
We can fill out the paperwork that you need to file at your local small claims court to initiate a dispute. You can work around the U.S. penal system and have DoNotPay locate an imprisoned loved one instead of you trying to reach individual prisons attempting to do it yourself.
You don't need to go to great lengths to get in touch with a counselor to sign your college fee waiver either—DoNotPay does it for you and then forwards the necessary documents on your behalf.
What Else Can We Do?
Where there's one useful feature, there are nifty features galore!
Use our Virtual Credit Card to sign up for free trials and stop robocalls and spam text messages from reaching your phone. If you feel a free trial unrightfully turned into an expensive paid membership, we can help you request a refund or chargeback for the inconvenience.