The Turkish Airlines Lost Baggage Policy Explained
Have you traveled with Turkish Airlines, and your baggage is missing? You don’t have to say goodbye to your suitcase or vow to never fly again. We have prepared a handy guide covering all the basics of Turkish Airlines’ lost baggage policy! This article will also explain how the DoNotPay app helps you find your luggage the easy way.
In case your baggage is nowhere to be found, you have a few options depending on where and how you lost it:
|Where You Lost Your Baggage||Who Can Look for It|
If you wish to report lost luggage when you’re away from the airport, you can do so on the airline’s website, where you need to provide all the relevant info—including these essential details:
- First and last name
- Item’s category
- Item description
- Flight number
To do everything you can to find your lost baggage, follow these tips:
- Provide a detailed description of your baggage when reporting a missing item
- Hold onto your baggage check-in tags and reference number given to you
- Keep your lines open so that the airline can contact you with more information
- Keep track of your lost baggage status via the baggage tracking page
In case you got your bags but you misplaced them in a shuttle, taxi, or a rent-a-car vehicle, you should contact the companies that provide these services and report the missing items.
Turkish Airlines will track your luggage along the route on which you traveled for five days.
In most cases, the company will identify the missing baggage within 24 hours and deliver it to the owner immediately.
If the company fails to identify your lost luggage within five days, it will require a detailed list of your belongings in your lost bag for further identification of the baggage. Once you submit the list, Turkish Airlines will extend its search for your lost baggage to 21 days.
To prevent baggage disruptions and keep your luggage from getting lost, Turkish Airlines offers several tips:
- Do not pack any valuables, such as money, credit cards, or jewelry inside your baggage whenever possible
- Avoid having fragile electronic devices and important items like medicine and business papers inside your luggage
- Keep track of your baggage with a tracking device if possible
- Attach a tag with your name, phone number, and email address to your baggage
Our AI-powered app can save you a lot of time by drafting and sending a lost baggage request letter to Turkish Airlines. In case you’re unsure how to proceed or don’t have enough time, you can provide the app with a few essential details, and DoNotPay will do the rest.
To get reunited with your lost baggage fast, follow these steps:
- Open your DoNotPay app and log in
- Go to the Find Lost Airport Items feature
- Type in detailed info about your lost luggage, like the date when you lost it, its description, etc.
DoNotPay helps you locate various items that you may lose traveling via planes, such as:
In case you want to request a refund of your Turkish Airlines ticket, our app is the way to go!
DoNotPay has solutions for all those burdensome tasks you would rather avoid or entrust to someone else. Our AI-empowered app can assist you with copyright protection, clinical trial applications, DMV appointments, FOIA requests, mailing services, item returns, and delivery refunds. It also generates standardized legal documents and gets them notarized or faxed with zero fuss! Through the same app, you can:
- Take a person or company to small claims court
- Send letters to inmates
- Demand violent crime compensation
- Get cash off of old and used gift cards
- File tourist visa applications
- Get in touch with government representatives
- Submit jury duty leave requests
College expenses can be quite a burden for the entire family. Luckily, DoNotPay can have your tuition expenses waived or assist you in applying for various types of financial aid, such as scholarships. We also offer you a chance to prepare for government tests in a much simpler way or contact embassies or consulates quickly and efficiently if you want to travel abroad to continue your education. If you are a parent who wants to withdraw their kid from a standard school, we will help you draft a notice of intent to homeschool and send it to the local authorities with no stress.