Get Your Contracts Notarized Without Going to an Oregon Notary
Gone are the days when the only way to get your contracts notarized was to head over to the notary’s office. DoNotPay’s guide will tell you how to notarize a document without having to visit an Oregon notary. Learn all about the remote notarization process and get your car title, affidavit, and other documents notarized hassle-free from any device.
What Does a Notary Public in Oregon Do?
The State of Oregon authorizes notaries to:
- Witness the signing of a documents
- Take acknowledgments
- Notarize copies of documents
- Protest commercial papers
- Administer oaths and affirmations
- Take verifications upon oaths and affirmations
- Identify the signers
- Verify the signatures
If you want to have your wills, real estate deeds, or any other contracts notarized in an Oregon notary’s office, you should do the following:
- Search for a notary public
- Schedule a meeting
- Collect your documents and bring them to the notary’s office
- Provide your ID because the notary has to verify your identity
- Pay required notary fees
- Acknowledge that you’re aware of what you’re signing and that you’re doing it willingly
- Sign the document before the notary public
- Wait while the notary writes a statement and marks the certificate with his or her signature and stamp
The entire process is lengthy and doesn’t allow errors. If you forget your ID or make any other mistake, the notary can’t perform the notarization, which means that you have to schedule another appointment.
How To Find a Notary in Oregon
Except for searching for private notary services on Google, you can also find a notary in one of the following places:
- Law offices
- Financial institutions (usually credit unions and large banks, such as Wells Fargo and Bank of America)
- AAA stores
- Real estate agencies
- UPS facilities
- Public libraries
While these places usually employ notaries, you should still call to check if their notary services are available to everyone. For example, some banks will notarize documents only for their clients (usually for free).
How Much Can an Oregon Notary Charge?
The State of Oregon has determined the maximum fee that a notary can charge. Notaries can get up to $10 per signature for each notarial act, which makes Oregon one of the states with the highest notary rates.
In addition to the standard notary service costs, Oregon residents who hire a mobile notary also have to pay the official’s travel fees. The notary you hire should inform you about the total cost before coming over to perform the notarization.
How To Get Your Contracts Notarized Without Visiting an Oregon Notary Public
Since not everyone has time to visit a notary for every notarization, most people rely on alternative notarization methods:
|Other Ways To Get Your Documents Notarized||
|Hire a Mobile Notary||Scheduling an appointment with a traveling notary is convenient if you don’t mind paying for the traveling fee. The notary can come to your preferred location and perform the notarial act there. While mobile notaries usually notarize real estate documents, you can hire them for any other contract too|
|Sign Up for an Online Notary Platform||If you prefer getting your document notarized remotely online, you can try out one of the online notary services. Bear in mind that these platforms usually charge around $25 for every document you get notarized, which is a lot|
A Guide to Having Your Documents Notarized the Easy Way—With DoNotPay
Instead of paying $25 for each notarized document, you can pay a low monthly fee and get an unlimited number of contracts notarized remotely with DoNotPay. Our user-friendly feature can connect you with a remote notary 24/7 to ensure you get your documents notarized wherever and whenever you want. To have your documents notarized in a few clicks, you should:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Click on our Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload the document
- Enter your email address
DoNotPay will send you an email with a link where you can set up a virtual appointment with a notary. Once you’re connected with the notary via a video call, he or she will witness your signature and provide the certificate.
Write Any Legal Document Quickly With DoNotPay’s Help
DoNotPay has created various useful features to help you deal with common administrative issues. If you want to draw up legal documents without paying a pretty penny for a lawyer, DoNotPay has a feature for you. By choosing our Legal Documents service, you can write contracts and get them notarized in a matter of minutes.
Some of the documents we can help you create are:
- Child Custody
- Intent To Purchase Real Estate
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Quitclaim Deed
- General Business Contract
- Promissory Note
- LLC Operating Rules Document
- Residential Lease Agreement
- Child Care Authorization Form
- Estoppel Certificate
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- General Affidavit
- Bill of Sale
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Non-Compete Agreement
DoNotPay Can Do Your Paperwork for You!
Feeling like you’re in bureaucratic hell? Our app will draft the paperwork you need and get you out of any hurdle before you know it!
We can compose most of the documents that you require for any administrative purpose in your jurisdiction, most notably:
- Legal forms for the small claims court disputes in your state
- Court scripts so you don’t get lost for words in front of the judge
- Parking ticket appeals
- Extension letters and fee waivers for your overdue bills
- Warranty claims
- Cease and desist letters for stalkers and harassers bolstered by applicable state and federal laws
- Dispute letters for chargebacks and refunds
- DMCA takedown notices
- Forgotten property claims
- College fee waiver applications
- Application emails for clinical trials in your area that boost your chances of enrollment
- Digitized letters for keeping in touch with your imprisoned loved ones that comply with the local prison practices
- Insurance claims
More of What We Can Do for You
Our multifaceted app can call and record the conversation with the customer service of the company that just won’t let you go! If you are having trouble canceling an unwanted service via the traditional channels, use DoNotPay to get it over and done with!
We’ll also lend a helping hand in stopping spam mail—whether it’s electronic or paper. Our Spam Collector product unsubscribes you from unwanted emails and cleans up your physical mailbox too!