How To Take a Shortcut to Online Sweepstakes Entries
Before you jump on the sweepstake wagon, this article will answer any questions you may have. We’ll provide tips, guidelines, and hacks that will help you get into any sweepstake with ease.
A sweepstake is a game of chance—much like a raffle—where participants enter to get prizes, and the winners are selected randomly. By law, free entry has to be made available even when an organizer advertises purchasing an item beforehand.
Although you don’t need to pay to enter, there are always certain requirements you need to fulfill, such as:
- Holding a U.S. citizenship—Canadian and Mexican citizens can sometimes participate as well
- Being of legal age—at least 18, 19, or 21 depending on the location
- Having a valid email address
- Having an account or membership for the platform that offers sweepstakes
Types of Sweepstakes
Most sweepstakes are held online, and their prizes can be anything but the kitchen sink, but sometimes even this. Some of the most popular sweepstakes include:
- Gift cards
- Cars and other vehicles
- Travel—U.S. and international trips, cruises, vacation rentals, airline miles, etc.
- Supplies—foods and drinks, for example
- Instant win sweepstakes
Who Offers Legit Sweepstakes?
To dodge possible scams, you should go for well-known companies and websites that offer sweepstakes in addition to their line of work. You can check out our articles covering companies that hold online sweepstakes, including the following:
Examples of the Best Online Sweepstakes
Some sweepstakes are more generous than others, depending on what you’re looking for. Check the table below for a few online sweepstakes you may like:
|Sweepstake||Eligibility Factors||Prize||End Date|
|Expedia Cruises—Win a Dream Vacation 2021 Sweepstakes||
||A seven-night cruise for two to the Caribbean, including a standard outside stateroom, activities, and most onboard meals||November 5, 2021|
|Martha Stewart’s Pay Off Your Bills $25,000 Sweepstake||
||$25,000||June 30, 2021|
|PopSugar’s Just Because We’re Friends Sweepstake||
||$500 Visa gift card||May 31, 2021|
|The Blue Nile Summer Jewelry Giveaway||
||A gift certificate for a $20,000 shopping spree at the Blue Nile||June 30, 2021|
|Goodguys Chevy Nova Giveaway||
||A 1967 Chevrolet Nova valued at $40,000||June 1, 2021|
How Can I Enter Sweepstakes Online by Myself?
The sweepstake entry steps vary depending on the organizer’s website. Usually, the website has a Sweepstakes section where you can browse and find the ones that you like. Once you select a sweepstake, you typically need to provide your email address and/or fill in an online entry form. Some organizers may also ask you to complete a questionnaire, watch an ad, or play a game before the final step.
Use DoNotPay To Enter New Sweepstakes Each Week
Entering online sweepstakes with DoNotPay is much easier than doing it by yourself. Our app does the following:
- Signs you up for a sweepstake automatically—no need to go through any bothersome tasks
- Offers a weekly-updated list of available sweepstakes
- Asks you for your email only once—each sweepstake entry after that will take less than a minute
- Gives you access to all DoNotPay’s products
Follow these short steps to enter sweepstakes as soon as you create a DoNotPay account:
- Navigate to the Free Raffle Ticket product
- Submit your name, address, and email address
- Type in a sweepstake or choose one from our list
If I Win Sweepstakes Online, Do I Have To Pay Taxes?
Yes, you do. Sweepstake winnings are taxable, and the winners are responsible for covering them, not the organizers.
Before you take part in any sweepstake, take taxes into consideration, especially for high-value prizes, such as cars and houses. You can ask a tax professional for advice beforehand.
How To Make the Best of Sweepstakes
Sweepstakes are all about rules and fun. While it is exciting to enter all kinds of sweepstakes, you have to meet all the criteria to win, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with the eligibility factors before clicking that Enter button.
Here are some more helpful tips:
- Be sure you really want the prize because you might win and get something useless
- Check how often you can enter a specific sweepstake—sometimes it’s once per person, but it can also be multiple times a day or week, which could increase your chances of winning
- Look for sweepstakes with fewer entrants—some websites display the number of current participants so that you can calculate your odds
- Use a separate email address for sweepstakes so that your personal inbox isn’t flooded with spam from organizers—better yet, once you sign up for DoNotPay, forward an unwanted email to email@example.com to get rid of that sender’s emails forever
Your Odds Are Better With DoNotPay
Luck is elusive, but DoNotPay is not. We offer effective solutions to various money-related problems. Do you need a bill-payment extension? Maybe you can’t figure out how to claim warranties and insurance policies? Is an airline playing dead while owing you compensation for a canceled flight?
We are the champions of customer advocacy because we can tackle all those issues and more. Our AI-powered technology fights unfair parking tickets, cancels subscriptions, and deals with refunds from money-grabbing businesses with poor customer service.
Create Your Lucky Break!
Once you have saved some money, it’s time to earn an extra dollar. DoNotPay has a few suggestions:
- Get the unclaimed money waiting in the State Treasury with your name on it
- Enroll in a safe yet handsomely paid clinical trial
- Apply for a college application fee waiver because they are overpriced anyway
If you were a victim of a violent crime and ended up paying for the treatment on top of the trauma, we will help you get the compensation, so you can focus on getting better.