A Detailed Guide to Requesting Your Coinbase Refund
The platform was founded in 2012, and it has a revenue of one billion dollars.
If you find the company’s refund policy complicated and you’re not sure how to get your money back, you’ll find this guide to requesting a Coinbase refund useful.
Important Aspects of the Coinbase Refund Policy
Canceling a transaction on Coinbase isn’t possible. If you’d like to get your money back, you will have to contact the merchant directly regarding your refund. Merchants are also responsible for refunds in case you don’t receive the ordered product.
Coinbase will issue a refund only in two situations when their error caused:
- An unauthorized transaction from your account
- An incorrect transaction from your account
It’s important to notify Coinbase about this mistake as soon as possible so that they can look into it and issue a refund to your E-Money Wallet.
You need to make sure to send the cryptocurrency supported by Coinbase, or your funds will be lost and non-recoverable.
Ways To Request a Coinbase Refund
You can request a refund either from Coinbase or the merchant in question—depending on the reason behind your request—and these are the options you have:
Can You Request a Refund Via
Request Your Coinbase Refund via Email
If you notice an unauthorized transaction, you can describe your concern to Coinbase via email by answering some questions in the contact form on their website.
Once you select Coinbase as your product and choose your country of residence, do the following:
- Select Account Compromised or Unauthorized Accounts in the topic field
- Choose My account is compromised or has been hacked in the issue field
- Select I sent funds to a third party in the What can we help you with field
- Answer the rest of the questions
Request Your Coinbase Refund Over the Phone
You can contact Coinbase customer support over the phone if you think that your account has been compromised and if you want to request a refund for the unauthorized or incorrect transaction.
To get in touch with the company’s customer care reps, dial:
- +1 888 908-7930 (U.S./International)
- 0808 168 4635 (UK)
- 1800 200 355 (Ireland)
Tired of wasting time waiting for a rep to pick up the phone? Take advantage of DoNotPay’s handy feature and have us contact the customer support of Coinbase, Amazon, Zara, Sprint, or any other company.
We will hold the line and notify you when someone is available so that you can take over the conversation and describe your issue.
Request Your Coinbase Refund Online
Find the merchant’s contact info—preferably the email they used for their Coinbase registration—and discuss your refund request. The merchant will ask you to provide a Coinbase address to which they can send the refund.
Here’s what you should do to generate a QR code or Coinbase refund address:
DoNotPay Offers a More Convenient Option To Get a Coinbase Refund
Requesting a refund from Coinbase and the merchants can be complicated and time-consuming. DoNotPay is the simplest solution to your problem. The entire process will take a few clicks and less than two minutes of your time.
DoNotPay will also take other measures to maximize your chances of winning. We will contact the merchant, collect evidence, and send a letter with all the necessary Visa or Mastercard codes to your bank—as requested by the Fair Credit Billing Act.
To request your Coinbase refund efficiently, follow these steps:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from your web browser
- Click on the Chargeback Instantly section
- Respond to all of the questions
- Verify your signature and click on Submit
Your request will be sent to your bank immediately.
With us, you can request a refund from other companies as well, including:
How Long Will I Have To Wait To Receive My Coinbase Refund?
If you requested a refund for an unauthorized or incorrect transaction caused by a Coinbase, you should get your funds back the next business day after informing them about the error.
If you requested a refund from the merchant, the waiting period will depend on them.
How To Return a Transaction on Coinbase
Merchants who want to issue a refund shouldn’t send funds to the original input address (Coinbase wallet) because those funds will be sent to Coinbase and not the customer.
To issue a refund correctly, you’ll have to obtain a new address from the sender in question, and these are the options you have to do it:
- Send a refund to the customer’s Coinbase email address. Coinbase will match the email to the customer’s account
- Ask the customer to generate and provide their new address
- The customer can provide an address from the Coinbase addresses page while being logged in to their account
When you get the valid Coinbase address, you can send back the funds by following these steps:
Some Issues You Can Expect When Requesting a Coinbase Refund
While you’ll be eligible for a refund from Coinbase in case the company’s error caused unauthorized transactions from your account, you won’t receive a refund if you shared your account info with a third party.
Coinbase might lock your E-Money Wallet temporarily. The wallet will stay locked until you settle the dispute, and Coinbase checks whether or not the unauthorized transaction was the product of your or their mistake.
Rely on DoNotPay for Your Other Administrative Issues
After you log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser you’ll be able to count on our assistance when:
- Blocking text spam
- Handling stalking and harassment
- Managing issues with credit cards
- Taking care of unpaid bills
- Getting refunds from companies within minutes
- Getting rid of unused subscriptions or memberships
- Blocking spam emails and keeping your mailbox junk mail-free
- Reporting robocalls and getting compensation
- Starting free trial periods risk-free
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting in touch with customer support specialists
- Enrolling in various clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Serving people and companies justice in small claims court
- Requesting airline refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Setting up a DMV appointment in any city in the U.S.