Demand an Oculus Refund With DoNotPay
Oculus is a Facebook, Inc subsidiary specializing in virtual reality hardware and software products. The current products are the Oculus Rift S for PC as well as Oculus Go and Oculus Quest (standalone headsets that do not require a PC to operate).
The Oculus Refund Policy
Oculus Refund Policy has made it possible for customers to request a refund if they find their purchase unsatisfactory for any reason. Policy rules vary when it comes to digital content purchased through Oculus devices, and they branch into:
- Rift/Quest Content Refund Policy
- Go/Gear VR Content Refund Policy
Rift/Quest Refund Policy
Rift/Quest policy applies to digital content bought through Oculus for Oculus Rift, Rift S, and Quest devices.
To be eligible for a Rift/Quest refund, you have to meet two criteria:
- Apply for a refund within 14 days of the purchase
- Have used the content for less than two hours
Go/Gear VR Refund Policy
Go/Gear VR policy pertains to digital content purchased through Oculus for Oculus Go or Samsung Gear VR devices.
To qualify for a refund, you have to:
- Request it within three days of the purchase date
- Have interacted with the content for under 30 minutes
In most cases, the refunds regulated by these policies are automated, so if you don't qualify for such a refund, you will have to contact Customer Support.
Oculus states that the refund program covered by the policy may cease to be valid at any time for whatever reason. Refund requests under this policy will be deemed as if the policy were still in effect, within 14 days (Rift/Quest request) or three days (Go/Gear VR request) after this policy's closure, for eligible purchases made until and through the last day of availability of the refund program.
Is My Purchase Eligible for a Refund?
The products eligible for returns and refunds are apps, games, and various experiences, as long as you meet the general requirements regarding Rift/Quest and Go/Gear VR refund policies, respectively.
What Oculus Products Do Not Qualify for a Refund?
Automated Rift/Quest refunds do not apply in the following situations:
- Previously refunded purchase
- Longer-than-two-hour content interaction on Rift/Quest devices or over-30-minute content interaction on Go/Gear VR devices
- Refund request exceeding 14-day window (Rift/Quest content) or 3-day limit (Go/Gear VR content)
- Third-party purchases
- Movies, bundles, part-bundle purchases, DLC, and in-app purchases
Get Your Oculus Refund With DoNotPay
If you believe that Oculus has mistreated you and violated your rights as a customer, or if you find navigating the Oculus site in search of your customer rights complicated, take a chill pill, which is what using DoNotPay to get an Oculus refund feels like.
It won't take you more than a couple of minutes to open your account in your . Once you have done that, follow these steps:
- Click the Get Protected option under File a Chargeback
- When prompted, provide the details about your bank, the company you are asking a refund from, and other key details
- Verify the request with your signature and you are done
After processing your request, which usually takes a few minutes, we will fax it to your financial institution automatically. We will also send you a letter with all the VISA and Mastercard codes and regulations that will help bolster your case. We can also contact Oculus on your behalf if they are unresponsive or refuse to refund you.
How Do I Request an Oculus Refund on My Own?
If you decide to request an Oculus refund on your own, get ready for a lengthy procedure.
We have managed to check the knotty details about the Oculus refund request process (it was a feat!), piece them together, and lay them out for you.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
Yes (retail stores)
Requesting a Refund From an Oculus Retail Store
Note that if you have bought an Oculus device from a retail store, you will have to visit the store and request a refund. As each retailer most likely has their refund policy, you will have to inquire about the refund specifics with the one you have purchased from.
Requesting a Refund from Oculus Store
Should you choose to request a refund from Oculus Store, these are the steps you need to take:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone
- Click Settings from the bottom menu
- Under Payment, tap Purchase History
- Select the content you want a refund for
- Click Request Refund
- Follow further instructions to complete your refund
If you are having problems requesting a refund via the app or if your purchase is not eligible for an automated refund, you should contact Oculus Support.
Key Things to Keep in Mind Regarding Oculus Refunds
Should you decide to return your purchased product for a refund, the following are the things to be aware of:
- Oculus will issue a refund for products returned within 30 days of the original purchase
- You will get a refund credited to your payment method once Oculus has received and inspected the device
- Shipping fees are non-refundable
Can I Use Any Device to Request an Oculus Refund?
Regrettably, you cannot. To qualify for a refund, you have to request it from the same device you used to make a purchase.
Note that you must also keep your purchasing details to be eligible for a refund. Do not clear them after you have made your purchase.
If you buy content applicable across various Oculus devices, the governing refund policy is the one pertaining to the device used for content purchase.
How Long Do I Have to Wait for My Refund?
It usually takes up to five days to process your refund request, but it may take longer for your money to show on your bank statement.
The company will credit your refund to the original payment method you used for purchasing.
If you haven't received your money back after nine business days, you should contact your financial institution.
What Is the Status of My Oculus Purchase After a Refund Request?
Upon requesting a return and refund, you may lose your access privileges to the content you requested a refund for.
Should your request be denied, you will regain access.
My Oculus Refund Request Was Denied—Why?
Oculus reserves the right to deny your refund request if your purchased product does not meet the eligibility criteria or if they perceive that you are abusing the refund program in any way.
Should you feel entitled to a refund, even if you haven't met all the eligibility requirements, you can contact Oculus Customer Support.
Say Yay to DoNotPay
Did you know that DoNotPay always has an ace up its sleeve? This diligent virtual lawyer powered by cutting-edge AI technology can help you settle numerous matters and save your time, money, and effort.
If you want to bypass paying for a subscription after a free trial, we offer you our virtual credit card. Should you wish to request a Minecraft, Fortnite, or League of Legends refund, get stalkers off your back, or learn what it means to be harassed, we are here to get you started.
Just access DoNotPay from your and check out what we can help with:
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting compensation for robocalls
- Resolving issues with credit cards
- Fixing a DMV appointment efficiently
- Canceling subscriptions and memberships
- Getting reimbursement for delayed or canceled flights
- Jumping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Requesting refunds from other companies
- Shielding yourself from stalking and harassment
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Suing companies and individuals in small claims court