How to Request and Get an Expedia Refund
Expedia is a popular online travel agency — you can book flights, car rentals, accommodation, and more with this company. If you’re a user and have to cancel any such bookings, here’s how to request and get an Expedia refund.
Expedia Refund Policy
Since Expedia is a mediator between you and a travel service you’re using — such as a hotel, an airline, or a cruiser — the online travel agency doesn’t have a strict policy when it comes to refunds. In other words, if you want to cancel a flight you booked through Expedia, whether you are eligible and how much you can get largely largely depends on the company Expedia booked for you.
If you have direct questions on anything related to their services, you can try contacting Expedia Customer Service.
Getting a Refund From Expedia on Your Own
Even though we pointed out that individual refunds depend on the respective companies Expedia works with, you can request a refund through Expedia itself.
Whether you need a refund for accommodation, canceled flights, or a package deal, there are three ways you can do it manually:
- Using Expedia website
- Calling the company
- Emailing Expedia
How to Request a Refund From Expedia on Their Website
Canceling an Expedia booking using the company’s website is relatively easy. People who opt for this usually cancel their trips well in advance. Here are the steps you have to follow to cancel your Expedia booking in this manner:
- Log into your Expedia account
- Find the section My Trips
- Choose a reservation you wish to modify
- Click Change or Cancel
- Wait for the email confirmation
Canceling your booking is equal to requesting a refund for it. Note that you’ll need to check how much you’ll be refunded for individual services separately, but more on that later.
Calling the Company
You can also cancel your booking and request a refund from Expedia with a phone call. Note that this is an option most people choose when the cancelation is urgent, e.g., they’re traveling within seven days. Here is what you need to do:
- Dial +1 (800) 319 4834
- Wait to have Expedia representative reach you
- Explain your request to them
- Provide the details of your reservation
- Wait for an email confirmation
As you can see, canceling and requesting a refund by calling Expedia is not as simple as doing it directly from your website account. It can take hours until your phone reaches the customer service, and you are sure to lose time and patience in the process. This action is best left for when you’re in dire need of talking with the Expedia representatives.
If you’d like to skip the long phone queue, let DoNotPay contact the Expedia customer service and wait it out for you.
Sending Expedia an Email
You can send the online travel agency an email to cancel your booking and request a refund in writing. Here’s how:
- Draft your request
- Send it to email@example.com
- Wait for a response from the Expedia team
Sending an email to the company is probably another option people choose when they are canceling their flights in advance since responses can take a long time to arrive.
Get Expedia Refunds Quickly With DoNotPay
If you feel like dealing with the Expedia team might be too much of a bother, we wouldn’t blame you. Requesting your refund with the help of DoNotPay is your best option — it’s fast, simple, and you don’t have to communicate with the Expedia representatives on your own.
- Navigate to the Chargeback Instantly section
- Fill out your Expedia payment details
- Specify Expedia is the company you want a refund from
- Verify your identity with a digital signature
As you see, the process of requesting a refund from Expedia with DoNotPay only takes a couple of clicks on your smartphone or desktop. Our robot lawyer will fax the request to your bank instantly and send you an email confirmation of this.
Can You Request a Refund Via
How Long Do Expedia Refunds Take?
Expedia processes your cancelations and refund requests in about 24 hours. When you’ll get your funds back depends on your respective bank.
Expedia Cancelation Policy Refund
Whether you are eligible for a full refund depends solely on the Expedia service you wish to cancel and the company that provides it. Here are the general rules for receiving an Expedia refund:
- Flight refunds are possible only within 24 hours of booking the tickets
- Hotel bookings may be canceled before the respective hotel’s cancelation deadline
- Vacation packages can also be canceled within 24 hours of booking, in which case you’ll probably be fully refunded
- Car rentals need to be canceled at least six hours in advance
- Cruise bookings can be canceled roughly 90 days before the set date
- Most other activities are refundable, but there is a cancelation deadline
Once again, keep in mind that refund policies differ based on the companies who provide them even though you booked a service through Expedia. If you are not sure if you are eligible for a particular refund, sign up to DoNotPay from any web browser or iOS app and have us check if you can get a refund from Expedia.
Expedia Problems With Refunds
Expedia should refund your canceled bookings when refunds are possible, but there have also been reports of the company refusing its customers the refunds they have the right to.
In other circumstances, it may just be too difficult to reason with the company’s representatives, and you can get your refund only after hours of unnecessary hassle. For all these reasons, your best option is to cancel your booking and request a refund with the help of DoNotPay.
Want to Take It a Step Further and Sue Expedia?
If customer service is not your only issue with Expedia and you feel like this large company has mistreated you — fear not. With the help of DoNotPay, you can get revenge on any big or small company easily by suing it in small claims court. DoNotPay helps you in this process by:
- Drafting your demand letter before you take any legal action
- Helping you with further paperwork once you decide to sue Expedia
- Guiding you through the process of filing your claim
- Preparing your script for the court date to boost your chances of winning
There Is Even More DoNotPay Can Do
DoNotPay is the first robot lawyer in the world. We take care of your rights as a customer by dealing with people and companies you might be having issues with instead of you. Register for your account on DoNotPay today using your web browser or iOS app and explore all the ways we can help you. Some of what we do is:
- Help protect you from harassment and stalking
- Request refunds from companies
- Contest parking tickets
- Extend the bills you can’t pay right away
- Schedule your DMV meeting
- Get refunds for canceled or delayed flights
- Get back at robocalls
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Contact customer service so you can jump the phone queues
- Contest speeding tickets
- End your subscriptions or memberships
- Contest traffic tickets
- Resolve credit card issues