How to Unsubscribe From Emails Within Minutes With DoNotPay
Email subscriptions can be a useful feature. Getting news from a company that interests you will keep you up-to-date on products and services that you might need. Unsolicited emails from suspicious businesses are a whole different story. They aren’t as big of a nuisance on their own, but there are so many of them that they clutter up your inbox.
Unsubscribing from emails you don’t want is a tedious task, which is why you should use an application that simplifies the process.
How to Unsubscribe From Spam Emails Using DoNotPay
Unsubscribing from spam emails is quick and convenient with DoNotPay. The process is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is:
- Open the app in your
- Go to the Spam Collector tab
- Type in the address of the sender
- Forward any subsequent emails from the same sender to email@example.com
You will be unsubscribed from the mailing list, and the sender’s emails won’t reach your inbox.
How to Manually Unsubscribe From Emails Using the Unsubscribe Link
Senders are required to add an unsubscribe option to their emails. This requirement applies to emails that are sent from those you don’t know. Canceling these subscriptions is easy enough, but not all emails have this option available.
Spam email is sent without an option to unsubscribe. Legitimate websites and companies will include an unsubscribe button, as they want to avoid getting reported and losing their sender rating. The lack of an unsubscribe option makes spam mail easy to discern from genuine offers.
There Are Ways to Unsubscribe From Email Senders Without an Unsubscribe Link
When you don’t have the option to unsubscribe from an email directly, you have to take matters into your own hands. There are a few different approaches you can take when unsubscribing from emails.
Blocking the sender
Reporting the email as spam
Using an email blocker app
Contacting the Sender to Unsubscribe From Emails Quickly
Businesses commonly send emails to prospective customers and those that have already tried their products and services. If you don’t wish to receive any promotional material or ads in your inbox, you can ask them to stop.
Reply to the emails and request that you are unsubscribed from their email list. With legitimate businesses, this method should be sufficient.
Reporting an Email is an Easy Way to Prevent Spam
The report function is a practical way to take care of spam mail and warn ISPs of suspicious accounts. There are different ways to report email subscriptions that you didn’t sign up for, depending on who you send your complaint to.
These are the institutions you can send reports to:
- Federal Trade Commission(FTC)
- Your ISP
- The sender’s email service
Reporting to the FTC
- Unwanted subscriptions
- Fraudulent emails
- Email scams
Reporting an Email to Your ISP
Reporting Emails to the Sender’s Email Service
It is in the interest of email service providers to get rid of spammers in their system. Blacklisting fraudulent accounts prevents their customers from receiving emails from these senders.
If enough people report a sender, they will be blacklisted and won’t be able to send any more emails.
How You Can Block Emails or Unsubscribe From Mailing Lists Using Your Email App
Most email applications feature a way to unsubscribe from a mailing list. If you use Gmail, iCloud Mail, or Yahoo Mail, you can attempt to unsubscribe using the app.
How to Unsubscribe From a Mailing List in Gmail
- Start the app
- Open the email you’ve received
- If Gmail registers that it’s from a mailing list, you will be given an option to unsubscribe
- Press unsubscribe in the pop-up window that appears
Unsubscribing in iCloud Mail
- Select a message in the Mail app
- If it comes from a mailing list, there will be a banner below the message
- Press the “unsubscribe” button on the right side of the banner
Unsubscribing and Blocking Spam Accounts in Yahoo Mail
The mobile and desktop versions of Yahoo Mail offer different solutions for how to cancel email subscriptions.
- Start the app
- Open an email from the sender
- Press the dotted icon
- Choose unsubscribe or mark as spam
- Open your inbox
- Open an email
- Select the spam option at the top of the email
- Press the dotted icon and choose “block senders.”
Joining a Class-Action Lawsuit With DoNotPay’s Help
Sending unsolicited emails to individuals is technically legal, but senders have to abide by specific rules. If you receive unwanted emails, you have the right to demand that they stop sending spam emails to you. Should the sender refuse to cancel your email subscription, you have grounds for legal action.
As spam is sent to a large number of individuals at once, there is likely a class-action lawsuit that you can join. DoNotPay checks for any pending class-action lawsuits against an address you’ve blocked. If one is found, you are notified in the Spam Collector tab of the app. You can then choose to join the lawsuit.
Once a settlement has been reached, you will receive your compensation from the lawsuit. It’s an excellent way to get revenge for spam emails and remove a fraudulent sender from the system.
DoNotPay Can Help You Take Care of Many Day-to-day Nuisances
DoNotPay can help with more than just inbox decluttering. The app provides resources that will make it easier to take care of day-to-day tasks, from bill-paying to DMV appointments. You can find the app on your .
Take a look at this list of features that DoNotPay offers to its users.
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Help with suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting chargebacks and refunds from businesses
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls