Get an Amazon Prime Refund the Quickest Way Possible
Owned by the online retail giant Amazon, Amazon Prime is a subscription service that allows its users access to a wide array of services. These include free delivery, ebooks, streaming music and video, and others.
In January 2020, Amazon reported that Prime has about 150 million users worldwide.
How to Get an Amazon Prime Membership Refund on Your Own
Amazon states that paid members who haven’t used their benefits can receive a full refund of the current membership period. If you haven’t used your Prime account after the free trial ran out, the company will refund you the total amount. If you have been using the service occasionally, Amazon might provide a partial refund for the remaining unused months.
There are a few ways you can claim your money back—through DoNotPay and by contacting Amazon Prime’s customer service.
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
Does Amazon Prime not quite cut the mustard for you any longer? Learn how to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription.
Request a Refund Over the Phone
Reach out to an Amazon customer support representative by calling 1-888-280-4331 (toll-free) or 001-206-922-0880 (international). Charges may apply for the international number. On a related note, did you know that DoNotPay can wait on hold for you, and ping you when a representative finally picks up?
The customer service rep will be able to help you with your subscription refund. Learn some useful Amazon customer service hacks beforehand!
Request a Refund Through Their Website
To get your money back from Amazon Prime, follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Prime Contact Us form
- Select the tab Prime or Something else
- In the drop-down menu, go to Prime > Membership Management > Other Prime issue
- Choose from one of the options under the “Or, talk to someone” heading—Email, Phone, or Chat (recommended)
- Explain the reason for wanting an Amazon Prime refund
Obtain a Refund on Amazon Prime with DoNotPay
If you don’t have the patience to apply for an Amazon Prime refund by yourself, simply delegate this task to DoNotPay. It is a much quicker and straightforward way about it.
All that’s required of you is the following:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser or on your iOS device
- Click on Get Protected under the Chargeback Instantly icon
- Answer to the chatbot’s questions as prompted
- Verify your signature and submit the request
DoNotPay will send the refund request to your bank as soon as it collects the necessary information from you. It will also provide the relevant VISA and Mastercard codes and regulations that will bolster your chances of securing a refund.
If you prefer to communicate with the vendor directly, you can deputize this to our app, too—DoNotPay can get in touch with them instead of you and get your money back.
What Is Amazon Prime’s Refund Policy?
You can refer to Amazon’s Terms and Conditions for more details about their refund policy.
In short, if you cancel within three business days of signing up for or converting from a free trial to a paid membership, Amazon Prime will refund your full membership fee.
There are a few caveats that you should bear in mind:
- Amazon may charge you (or withhold from your refund) the value of Prime benefits during this three-business day period
- If you cancel at any other time, the company will refund your full membership fee unless you made any eligible purchases or took advantage of benefits since your most recent membership charge
- If you signed up for your Prime membership through a third party (like Google Play or Apple’s App Store), you might need to contact the third party to cancel the membership or secure your money back
- Prime memberships redeemed through a Prime gift code or promotional code are not eligible for a refund
Amazon also states in their Terms and Conditions that they “may terminate your Prime membership at our discretion without notice. If we do so, we will give you a prorated refund based on the number of full months remaining in your membership. However, we will not give any refund for termination related to conduct that we determine, in our discretion, violates these Terms or any applicable law, involves fraud or misuse of the Prime membership, or is harmful to our interests or another user.”
Amazon Prime Refund—How Long Does It Take?
Your Amazon Prime refund should be processed in three to five business days. The refund can take up to 30 days to process, depending on the issuer of the card.
Refer to Amazon’s table below for a more detailed overview of the refund methods and expected refund times for each.
|Refund Time (After Request Is Processed)|
Three to five business days
Amazon.com Gift Card
|Two to three hours|
Up to 10 business days
|Up to 10 business days|
|SNAP EBT card|
Within 24 hours
Gift Card balance
|Two to three hours|
No refund issued
Prepaid credit card
|Up to 30 days|
|Shop with Reward Points|
Up to five business days
How Can You Check the Status of Your Amazon Prime Refund Request?
At the moment, Amazon doesn’t offer this feature for Prime-related refunds. You can check the status of your refund request for physical parcels under Your Orders > Order Details.
DoNotPay Checks Your Subscriptions for Unused Services
Have you been paying for Amazon Prime for quite some time, only to realize that you weren’t using the service and were essentially throwing your money away?
You’re not alone in this. People tend to perceive their recurring monthly expenses, such as service subscription fees, lower than what they are. If your bank account seems to be lighter by the day, but you can’t exactly pinpoint why, the culprit may hide in the subscription charges you are paying for even though you’re not using them.
Trim your costs in a few easy steps with DoNotPay! When you link our app to your email or bank account, it will go through all of your subscriptions and recommend those that you should stop paying for on a recurring basis.
Alternatively, you could also choose the following steps:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser or iOS device
- Select Find Hidden Money
- Type in “Amazon Prime”
- Cancel Amazon Prime in a few short steps
DoNotPay is the Answer to a More Hassle-Free Life
On top of our work lives, there seems to be a never-ending tapestry of miscellaneous chores, issues, and responsibilities we have to attend to. The bills are piling up on your desk, and you still didn’t receive your money back for your international flight that got canceled at the last minute. With so many things on our plates, who wouldn’t benefit from using a groundbreaking “robot lawyer” app such as DoNotPay?
Our app can give you a hand with:
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Setting up a DMV appointment fast
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Holding the line when calling customer service
- Challenging traffic tickets
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Appealing speeding tickets
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Requesting refunds from other companies
- Retaliating on scammers behind fraudulent robocalls
- Dealing with credit card problems
- Contesting parking tickets