Getting an AAA Refund Has Never Been Easier
The American Automobile Association (AAA), based in Heathrow, Florida, is an organization of motor clubs in the U.S. and Canada. It currently has more than 60 million members from 42 clubs.
AAA is most famous for its roadside assistance and vehicle insurance.
If you’re looking to get a refund for your AAA membership and you’re not sure how, we’ve got you covered!
Does AAA Refund Canceled Memberships? Learn All About the AAA Refund Policy
AAA offers three types of memberships differing on the pricing and the number of benefits:
In case you want to back out of your membership, you can rely on the AAA Refund policy, which states that you are eligible for a refund regardless of the membership you have.
You can get a refund if you cancel your AAA membership within 30 days from the start or renewal date of your membership. You are also allowed to cancel a portion of your membership.
Keep in mind that entrance fees are non-refundable. AAA will deduct any discounts or services you used during the membership from your refunded amount.
Once AAA processes your refund, it will deposit money to your original payment method unless stated otherwise.
How Can I Cancel My AAA Membership?
Before you request an AAA refund, you have to officially unsubscribe from the organization’s services. AAA wants you to stay, so it’s no wonder it is making you jump through hoops to get your money back. First, you need to cancel your membership, and then you can claim a refund.
You may have to pay a cancellation fee of $10 based on the organization’s terms of service.
Request Your AAA Membership Refund With DoNotPay
DoNotPay overcomes any obstacles AAA has placed in your path to a refund. With our AI-powered technology, you can claim a refund in just a few clicks:
- Open DoNotPay in any web browser
- Scroll down and tap on Chargeback Instantly
- Select Get Protected
- Answer a few questions
- Verify your personal and bank details and hit Submit
DoNotPay sends a dispute letter to your bank immediately. You won’t have to bother arguing with bank officials and justifying your reasons for disputing the AAA charge.
If you wish, we can also contact AAA for you. If the dispute escalates, this step will be invaluable for your claim since you’ll be able to use it as evidence to bolster your case. This way, we’ll cover all the bases and make sure you get your money back.
According to the Fair Credit Billing Act, consumers are permitted to file a chargeback claim to their banks within 60 days of the purchase. DoNotPay relies on this Act in case AAA doesn’t cooperate.
We also support the chargeback claim with Visa and Mastercard codes to build your case. These codes are the four-number digits that state unequivocally what claim you have on the charge—from processing and administration errors to fraud and customer disputes.
Other Ways To Request the AAA Refund
Apart from using DoNotPay—the fastest refund-requesting tool—you could consider the alternatives below. Here are all the ways you can contact AAA and request a refund:
|Can You Request a Refund Via||Yes/No|
Claiming Your AAA Membership Refund Over the Phone
Since AAA has offices across the U.S., it has designated call centers for each location. You need to call the right phone number for your area. Here’s how to find it:
- Go to AAA’s website
- Enter your ZIP/Postal code and hit Go
- Scroll down to the very end and click on Contact Us
- Tap on Get Help on the Phone
- Go down to Membership Services, and you’ll see a phone number
- Make sure you have all the necessary information ready
- Call AAA
Under Membership Services, you’ll also see AAA’s working hours, so call during that time.
AAA’s phone lines could be clogged. But not to worry—DoNotPay can help with this, too! You can use our app to wait in your stead, and we’ll notify you when we get a hold of a customer service rep. Check out how we did it for Hertz.
Requesting Your AAA Membership Refund Via Email
In case you want to send AAA an email requesting your refund, you should find the correct email address for your location.
Follow the same steps for contacting AAA on the phone. When you get to the Contact Us section, do the following:
- Click on Email under Write Us—this will take you to a form
- Complete the form with your personal details and your AAA membership info
- Type in your message
- Tap on Submit
AAA’s customer service usually answers emails in 24 to 48 hours.
Claiming Your AAA Membership Refund in Person
If you prefer dealing with AAA in person, you can visit the AAA headquarters closest to you and ask for a refund.
You don’t know where the AAA offices are? We can help:
- Follow this link
- Scroll down to the map
- Navigate the map to find your location
- Click on the pin, and you’ll see AAA’s full address
When you tap on the location on the map, it will take you to another page where you’ll also see AAA’s phone number and working hours.
Is AAA Refusing to Pay Up? Sue It in Small Claims Court With DoNotPay’s Help!
In case AAA is being uncooperative, you shouldn’t take this sitting down. DoNotPay can swoop in and be your sidekick while you take AAA to small claims court!
The American Bar Association has recognized DoNotPay’s potential as the first robot lawyer in the world. It presented us with the esteemed Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access in 2020. We were praised for providing legal services to people from all walks of life and successfully dealing with their legal needs.
Take a look at what our services include. We can assist you in:
- Drafting your demand letter
- Filling out court forms and other paperwork
- Serving AAA
- Preparing your court statement
- Getting ready for your court appearance
DoNotPay has helped people sue big and small companies alike. Should you ever need more legal assistance, check out the businesses our customers have taken to court:
We Have More Tricks Up Our Sleeve! Check Out DoNotPay’s Other Services!
Access DoNotPay from your preferred web browser and take the first step toward a decluttered life. With the help of DoNotPay, you can also:
- Deal with bothersome robocalls
- Appeal your speeding tickets
- Overturn your parking tickets
- Sign up for free trials with no risks
- Solve your credit card problems
- Dispute your traffic tickets
- Demand a refund from any company
- Locate the best clinical trials near you
- Make harassment and stalking disappear
- Stop endless spam emails for good
- Get in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Find ways to deal with your unpaid bills
- Protect your work from copyright infringement
- Schedule a DMV appointment with no issues
- Take people or companies to small claims court
- Put a stop to spam text messages once and for all
- Cancel your subscriptions or memberships with ease
- Jump the queue when getting in touch with customer service on the phone
- Request refunds and compensation when a flight gets canceled or delayed