AAA Membership Cancellation Policy Refunds and How To Get Them
AAA or The American Automobile Association is a not-for-profit national federation of motor clubs across the United States and Canada. It was founded in 1902 in Chicago and counts more than 60 million members.
The association consists of 42 regional clubs which primarily provide help in road emergencies, including:
- Tire changes
- Battery replacement, etc.
Besides roadside assistance, AAA memberships come with other perks like various discounts, Hertz benefits, identity theft protection, car insurance, and travel deals.
AAA Refund Policy
AAA offers its members different tiers of subscription plans with numerous benefits, but what if you decide that the whole deal is not worth your money? The users who cancel their AAA memberships are entitled to prorated refunds of the paid dues. The refunds exclude any new member admission fees and discounts you used in the meantime. Whenever possible, AAA will use the original form of payment to credit you back.
Some regional clubs have time constraints for refund eligibility. The Western and Central New York club allows members to request refunds within 30 days from starting the membership or the membership renewal date. They reduce the refund amount by discounts or the cost of any service you might have used while the membership was valid. Entrance fees are also non-refundable.
Since membership regulations might be slightly different in your area, it is best to carefully read your agreement with AAA or contact the local chapter to clarify your refund rights.
How To Get the AAA Membership Refund With DoNotPay
Playing back-and-forth with customer support is exhausting and can drag on forever. No company is happy to see their customers go, so they make leaving as complicated as possible. Getting your money back after cancellation is often even more challenging.
DoNotPay has devised a tool to get your rightful refund the easy way. According to the Fair Credit Billing Act of 1974, customers have the right to dispute credit card charges from the last 60 days. If AAA is being difficult about returning your unused membership fee, hit them with a chargeback request using our app:
- Set up a DoNotPay account in a
- Select File a Chargeback when you log in
- Provide us with necessary information about the bank you use
- Answer several questions about the AAA charge you need to dispute
- Sign and submit your request
Filling out this questionnaire will take just a few minutes, and we will send the dispute letter to your bank momentarily. DoNotPay will supplement your request with a round-up letter of relevant Visa and MasterCard codes and regulations if needed.
Alternative Ways To Request AAA Membership Cancellation Refunds
Other methods to get your money back after canceling the AAA membership are far from convenient. For most regional clubs, the official way to get a membership refund is to request it at the moment of cancellation. You can check the available options in the table below:
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
Requesting AAA Membership Refunds Over the Phone
AAA is a huge organization surpassing the borders of the United States. If you want to try your luck with their customer service representatives, you can follow these steps to ask for your membership money back:
- Open your AAA regional chapter’s website
- Locate the Contact Us page (usually found at the top)
- Look for Membership Services phone number
- Prepare all the necessary information, including your contact details and membership number
- Use DoNotPay to avoid the long waiting time when you call the customer service
- Provide the necessary information to the representative and request a refund when you get connected
Requesting AAA Membership Refunds In Person
If you have enough time on your hands and don’t mind going to a local AAA office, you can request a refund in person. If you’re not sure where the local office is and what their business hours are, you can use the AAA Office Locator page.
Once you enter your zip code, the website will show the nearest offices on the map. Click on the pin closest to your location and check the address, the phone number, and working hours.
DoNotPay Makes Cancellations More Convenient Than Ever Before
Canceling a service usually goes hand in hand with requesting applicable refunds, and DoNotPay wants to make that experience as smooth as possible. You don’t have to be transferred to the responsible department over and over again and spend unnecessary time on hold if you want to accomplish two things at once.
Our goal is to limit dealing with annoying administrative tasks and paperwork to the bare minimum. If you want to cancel your AAA membership from the same app that makes refund requests so easy, check out these steps:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Select the tool called Find Hidden Money
- Enter AAA as the membership you want to stop
This tool can help you monitor other ongoing subscriptions and memberships if you connect your email address or bank account to DoNotPay. Many people lose track of all the recurring monthly charges, especially if they cost a few dollars. We believe you will find a better way to spend that money.
AAA Refuses To Cooperate? Hit Them With a Lawsuit Using DoNotPay
Yes, our app is that powerful. If you’re not sure whether you can trust artificial intelligence with such serious tasks, you should know that DoNotPay was recognized by the American Bar Association and awarded with the Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access in 2020.
You won’t need an expensive lawyer or waste countless hours learning about legal procedures when you start using DoNotPay. If you decide to take legal action against organizations like AAA, our app will provide you with:
- Custom-made demand letter that proves your effort to resolve the issues out of court and serves as evidence in proceedings
- Necessary court forms and assistance in filling them out as required
- Script for your court appearance including a list of evidence that should be submitted and advice on how to act in case AAA misses the scheduled appointment
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has a plethora of solutions to various problems with the administration. Our app is labeled the world’s first robot lawyer with a good reason! Besides handling cancellations and refund requests with convenience and ease, we can help when you’re struggling with more severe issues like lowering your bills if you’re a single mother, cyberstalking, and sexual harassment.
Have you ever heard of virtual credit cards? DoNotPay app comes with a tool that generates virtual credit cards, which can be used for free trials without the risk of being charged. You can also use them to flip the script when scammers try to take your money through robocalls, spam emails, and unsolicited text messages.
Access DoNotPay from any . Check how our app makes dealing with bureaucracy effortless and learn how to:
- Deal with credit card issues
- Try out free trials risk-free
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Challenge traffic tickets
- File lawsuits against people and companies in small claims court
- Jump the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Exact revenge on robocall scammers
- Stop spam mail for good
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Get refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contest parking tickets
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Get refunds from other companies
- Fight speeding tickets
- Eliminate text spam