A Quick Guide to Sending a WI Inmate Package or Letter
Do you wonder how to make your incarcerated loved one more connected to the world outside?
You may want to offer them support and understanding they need to better cope with the situation they are in. You can do so by visiting them or talking with them on the phone, but those options can be pretty expensive, especially if you live far away from their facility.
In this article, DoNotPay walks you through specifics regarding packages and correspondence you can send to prison inmates in Wisconsin.
The WI Inmate Package Rules and Regulations
The Wisconsin Department of Corrections (DOC) allows inmates to receive property packages, but these have to meet the requirements of the institution. Inmates have to ensure that their friends and family are familiar with the mail rules and regulations.
The following rules apply:
- All inmate mail (packages and letters) must be properly addressed, including the inmate’s full name, DOC number, facility address, and a full return address
- Property packages cannot be sent, dropped off, or brought in by private individuals
- All property must be purchased through and shipped by approved vendors
- Delivered property packages must have a receipt
- Inmates in “intake” status are not allowed to order or receive personal property and hobby packages until they become General Population Inmates
Hobby and Personal Property Approved Vendors
Ordering from the DOC-specific catalogs, inmates’ families and friends can purchase hobby and property items from the approved vendors listed in the table below.
|Access Securepak||(800) 546-6283|
|Jack L. Marcus||(800) 236-2611|
|Union Supply Company||(855) 247-6093|
You can place an order with any of the abovementioned vendors online or by phone.
How Can I Check What Wisconsin DOC Facility the Inmate Is Housed In?
You can check what facility the incarcerated individual you are looking for is housed in by using this Inmate Locator.
DoNotPay also offers an excellent inmate locator that can help you find inmates, not only in the state of Wisconsin but also in any other U.S. state.
Our Connect With an Inmate product comes with the Locate Someone feature you can use to find inmates in any federal, state, or county prison facility.
To see how it works, open a DoNotPay account in your web browser and do the following:
- Head to the Connect With an Inmate product
- Click on Locate Someone
- Enter the inmate’s name and state they are in
- Submit the request
DoNotPay will locate the person you are looking for within seconds and give you their exact location.
Can I Buy iCare Packages for Inmates in Wisconsin?
You can buy inmate care packages, but not from iCare. The Wisconsin Department of Corrections has a Personal Care Package Program for inmates in their facilities.
You can place a personal care package order with the Union Supply Group (USG) in one of the following ways:
- Phone: 562-361-5706
- Fax: 310-603-1188
- Mail: Union Supply Direct, Dept. 500, 9018 Rancho Dominguez, CA 90224-9018
Before you decide to place an order with the USG, you should be mindful of the following:
- Inmates can get only one package per quarter with a minimum spending limit of $20 and a maximum spending limit of $50
- There is a limit of two same items per package
- The Personal Care Package items are not available for purchase by DOC inmates
- Inmates must be in the General Population to be eligible to receive a package
Can I Send Money to a WI Prison Inmate?
Yes, you can deposit money to inmates’ funds through Access Corrections Secure Deposit and their affiliate CashPayToday.
You can deposit money via Access Corrections in one of the following ways featured in the table below.
The U.S. Postal Service
Can I Send an E-Message to a Wisconsin Prison Inmate?
Yes, other than standard mail, you can also send e-messages, but not all facilities offer this option.
You can only exchange such messages through CorrLinks, but you will have to create an account with the system.
Inmates have to initiate contact by adding individuals to their contact list. When you get a contact request or a message from the inmate, you can choose not to accept or respond, and you can also block them.
Though creating an account comes at no cost, sending messages does.
Exchange Mail With WI Inmates via DoNotPay
When you have DoNotPay by your side, all you have to do is write to your incarcerated loved one, and our team will handle the rest.
Unlike any other inmate messaging service, DoNotPay’s Connect With an Inmate product offers a win-win situation for both you and your prison pen pal.
You will write emails and send them via DoNotPay, but your pen pal will receive printed letters. When they respond in writing, you will receive an email in your Virtual Mailbox.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser and open Connect With an Inmate
- Select Send a Personalized Letter
- Follow the steps to enter the inmate details
- Compose your letter or upload an attachment
- Embed photos you want to share with the inmate
- State if you want to enable responses from the inmate
Once you have submitted your letter, DoNotPay will print it and forward it to the inmate’s location.
When your pen pal responds, their letter will be delivered to the address chosen by DoNotPay. Upon receiving it, we will scan, digitize, and direct it to your mailbox. To see if there is new mail in your Virtual Mailbox, hit the Request Mail Check button.
There are plenty of reasons why you should use DoNotPay’s service, but let us share the most important ones with you:
- You can correspond with your pen pal wherever you are as long as you have internet access
- Your home address will remain private—especially important if you are writing to an inmate (male or female) you don’t know well
- Prisoners prefer writing letters to sending e-messages because of limited funds at their disposal
DoNotPay Always Has an Ace Up Its Sleeve
Our app offers a spectrum of solutions to your many problems and dilemmas.
Access DoNotPay from your web browser, and you will benefit from all those solutions.
Here are all the services we provide that you can make use of:
- Managing bills you can’t pay
- Waiving college application fees
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Blocking spam mail for good
- Making a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Contesting your parking tickets
- Applying for clinical research
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Requesting chargebacks and refunds from companies
- Canceling memberships or subscriptions
- Getting rid of text spam
- Getting free trials risk-free
- Finding any unclaimed assets under your name
- Appealing your speeding tickets
- Filing a warranty claim
- Finding solutions for credit card problems
- Fighting your traffic tickets
- Getting in touch with customer service reps efficiently
- Protecting your work’s copyrights
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Contacting your incarcerated loved ones
- Reporting robocalls
- Protecting yourself from stalkers and harassers