How To Add Money To Inmate Phone Accounts Online
If you have a friend or relative behind bars, you have probably struggled with how to best stay in touch with your incarcerated loved one. Not only do most prisons have very strict rules in place for communicating with inmates, but outside sources, like inmate chat rooms, can be shady or even feature suspect practices designed to prey on the emotions of those people who are missing their incarcerated friend or family member.
If you need to t, DoNotPay has the answers that you need. This guide will help you to understand not only how to add money to an inmate’s phone account, but also what to watch out for - and how you can get in touch with an inmate the easy way. DoNotPay's foolproof solution for connecting with an inmate will save you time, stress, and even money.What to Know About Getting in Touch With Inmates by Phone
Talking to an inmate over the phone isn't always an easy process. In fact, most prisons and detention facilities make it pretty difficult to get in touch with an inmate via the phone, and that is because prisons are designed to limit prisoners' contact with the outside world. There are often some hoops to jump through when talking to an inmate, and different prisons have very different policies and procedures in place.
Here are some general things to know:
- Some prisons offer free phone calls from family members to inmates. However, this is relatively rare and usually, those calls are restricted to family emergency situations.
- If the prison in question has more general hours in place for you to contact your inmate, you will probably need to contact the prison's staff in order to coordinate the call itself or arrange for an appointment.
- A number of prisons allow for collect calls, where the inmate can call family or friends using funds .
Collect calls are a hot topic among family and friends of people who are incarcerated, as everyone wants to be able to stay in touch with their inmate - without having to spend a ton of money.How to Add Money to Inmate Phone Accounts on Your Own
There are two different ways to send money to an inmate's phone account. However, both options will not be available to your inmate, so you will need to check with the prison staff directly to see which option will work best for you.
- You can add money to a prisoner's commissary account, which is the most common way to call an inmate. In order to do this, you will need to get in touch with the staff at the prison and provide the required information. Typically, you will need to provide your name and contact information, the inmate's prison ID, and a payment method in order to add the funds.
- You can add money to an inmate’s phone account through an approved outside service, such as Western Union. While Western Union and other transfer services have their own policies and procedures to follow, you will also need to be wary of services that are unauthorized or who claim to offer low-cost ways to call an inmate. They could be scams.
Whatever method you choose to add money to an inmate’s phone account, you are looking at a lot of steps and potentially a lot of red tape - and that's if you are ultimately able to get in touch with the inmate successfully. When you want to contact an inmate the easy way, turn to DoNotPay.DoNotPay Offers the Easiest Way to Contact Inmates
Connecting with an inmate doesn't have to be difficult or time-consuming. In fact, DoNotPay makes it smooth sailing to get in touch with your incarcerated friend or loved one without the hassle. In just five simple steps, here's how you can communicate with an inmate:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
It's really that simple. DoNotPay makes it a breeze for anyone, anywhere to talk to their loved one behind bars.Reach Out to Inmates With Ease When You Use DoNotPay
Do you have more questions about connecting with inmates? Check out how DoNotPay can help you!
- How to find prison pen pals
- All you need to know about inmate visitation
- How to address a letter to an inmate
- How to write a prisoner and stay connected
- Everything you need to know about writing letters to inmates
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you connect with an incarcerated loved one, but that is not all it can do for you. DoNotPay can help you with the following:
Sign up with DoNotPay and get the help you need today!