How to Send a Package to an Incarcerated Friend in Washington State
If you have a friend or loved one who has been incarcerated, you might want to send them a package of necessary items, or things you know the particularly enjoy. But how do you do that?
Each state has its own set of regulations for sending packages to inmates. Each package must meet the specific requirements within that state. To send a package to an inmate in Washington State, you will need to not only know the individual's location, but also their ID number.
This presents a primary task of, if you don't have that information, how are you going to locate it? No worries, DoNotPay will help!
Washington's Inmate Package Types and Regulations
Inmate packages in Washington are regulated as are letters inmates receive. Packages must comply with the State of Washington's Department of Corrections policies:
The types of packages inmates may receive and when are broken down into two categories:
- Property and Faith-based packages meet similar criteria and are limited to one gift package or a prepaid vendor package each month. However, during the holiday season, inmates may receive one additional gift package.
- The third type, food packages, are limited to bi-monthly delivery or one every other month.
Monthly General Property or Faith Item Packages
General property includes such items as health and beauty products, shoes, jewelry, and electronics. Faith Item packages may include such things as clothing, pendants, head coverings, and incense.
Packages may be ordered through Union Supply Direct Washington with different packages available for incarcerated men or women in the Washington Department of Corrections, or those incarcerated at the Washington Correctional Center ECC Unit. Each has its own online ordering site, or you can print out a mail in order.
Bi-Monthly Food Packages
Food packages should be ordered separately, although may be accessed by the same Union Supply Direct Washington website. You may also download the mail-in order form.
Be aware that to order any type of inmate packages, WA, you must have the inmate's Department of Corrections ID number. If you do not know the inmate's ID number or the facility in which they are located, you will have to do some investigative work, or, as we previously mentioned, you could simply let DoNotPay take care of that for you.
How to Find an Inmate on Your Own
Like other states, Washington has its own system for outside parties to search for inmates. The state's Department of Corrections offers an inmate search website.
You must share the first and last name of the individual along with their DOC ID number to find them. If the individual is in a county jail or incarcerated in a federal penitentiary, they will not show up on Washington's DOC search website. The Federal Bureau of Prisons has its own website to help you locate someone incarcerated there.
Here is the contact information for WA State Department of Corrections:
|Physical Address||7345 Linderson Way SW
Tumwater, WA 98501-6504
|Phone Number||(360) 725-8213|
DoNotPay's Help Will Help Locate Your Friend or Loved One Currently an Inmate in Washington's Department of Corrections
If you are not, yet, familiar with DoNotPay, you are going to love this app! To address the matter of locating an inmate simply:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
That is all you need to do. DoNotPay will contact you with the information.
DoNotPay Will Help with Other Issues Besides Locating an Inmate
Beyond locating your friend or loved one, DoNotPay can help you find someone who is looking for a pen-pal. The app can also help you:
- Properly address your letter and mail to an inmate so there is no added delay in it reaching them
- Set up a visitation to see your friend of family member in person
But wait, there is more!
DoNotPay Offers a Lot of Other Options
Now that you have seen just how easy DoNotPay can help you send an inmate package to your friend in Washington, you should look around the app and see all the other functions it has to offer.
Some examples include:
- Cancel an unused membership or subscription
- Help fighting a traffic ticket
- Help disputing a parking ticket
- Find risk-free trials or samples
- Apply to be a part of a clinical trial
And that is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Where else can you find help with so much for so little? Just one small monthly fee and DoNotPay will take care of so many your needs.