The Easiest Way to Chat with an Inmate
When a friend or relative gets sent to prison, a lot of things change in their life and in the lives of those close to them. Not only do they get sent away to live in a whole new environment, but communication becomes more scarce as well. Still, you don't have to cut off communication with your incarcerated loved one just because they are behind bars somewhere. DoNotPay's unique Connect With an Inmate service keeps you connected to those you care about, so you don't have to deal with possibly scammy or unsafe.
Some services that offer to connect you to an inmate are expensive and untrustworthy, and while some are legitimate, others tend to operate in an unscrupulous manner. DoNotPay is a trusted resource for people everywhere who want to stay in touch with their incarcerated loved one.
Steps to Take Before Connecting With an Inmate
Before you take steps to reach out to your inmate on your own, you will need to understand a few things about the facility where they are being held and the conditions of their imprisonment. Here are some things to consider:
- Some prisons allow inmates to communicate via phone, others do not.
- Most prisons accept mail, but many do not allow inmates to receive packages or bubble envelopes with items inside, so check the rules of the facility before sending anything in on your own.
- A lot of prisons do have visiting hours in place for friends and family members to visit inmates, but these hours are often restricted to weekends or certain evenings. Additionally, you will likely have to schedule an appointment in advance.
While the above methods are the most common ways to get in touch with an inmate, the last few years have seen an increase in the popularity of inmate chat rooms.
What are Inmate Chat Rooms?
Inmate chat rooms are online forums that allow incarcerated people to chat with others online, usually friends or family members. While these inmate chat rooms have become very popular with people looking to connect with inmates for romantic reasons, a lot of relatives use these to get in touch with their incarcerated loved ones. Here are some things that you need to know about inmate chat rooms:
1. Some prisons recommend specific chat rooms for inmates to use in order to chat with loved ones online - however, this is relatively rare and you might have to speak directly to prison staff about this option.
2. A lot of various websites offer online chat rooms for you to connect with inmates - but be aware of websites that ask for your personal information or those that charge a lot of money for this service. There are some scammy websites that prey on the relationship between family and those on the inside.
Reasons to Connect Via an Inmate Chat Room
People who are looking to connect with an inmate may prefer to use an inmate chat room to make it happen as they see this as a great way to keep in touch with the people on the inside that they need to stay in touch with. It is easier for them to get connected with an inmate via a chat room, and they may consider it a better way to do things for the following reasons:
|Safety and Comfort||They don't have to feel scared or intimidated about entering a prison|
|Privacy||They can say things through chat that they may not be able to say via a face-to-face conversation|
|Speed and Ease of Access||It is faster and easier for them to connect with the people|
Do you want a way to connect with an inmate that is safe, reliable, and easy? DoNotPay has got you covered.
DoNotPay Helps You Connect With an Incarcerated Loved One
DoNotPay's Connect With an Inmate service is the best way to get in touch with your incarcerated loved one, without the red tape and suspicious websites. In just a few simple steps, DoNotPay will let you select what service you need to use and provide you with the tools that you need to reach out to the inmate that you miss so much. Here's how you can use DoNotPay in just five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
That's all there is to it! DoNotPay is the best way to stay in touch with an inmate.
Turn to DoNotPay for all Your Needs
If you need to get in touch with a friend or incarcerated loved one, DoNotPay has you covered. Steer clear of untrustworthy and talk to your incarcerated friend the safe way. Here are some of the ways that DoNotPay can help you out:
- Inmate visitation: what you need to know.
- Writing letters to inmates.
- How to address a letter to an inmate
- Prison pen pals
- How to write a prisoner.