What Is an ECSI Refund? Learn How To Get a Refund From Your School in Two Minutes
Heartland ECSI (Heartland Educational Computer Systems Inc.) is one of America’s most popular third-party student loan servicers that collects payments for loans. The company works with almost 2,000 colleges and universities, as well as numerous private loan providers.
Want to know how to get a refund from your institution in no time? This article offers an in-depth explanation!
A Complete Guide to the Heartland ECSI Refund Policy
Your institution will give you back your money if you paid more than what was necessary for your student loan or tuition or if you have excess financial aid that needs to be refunded.
Heartland ECSI’s RefundSelect will notify you when you have a refund from your school waiting to be issued. You’ll also be informed about the amount that will be paid back to you.
You can decide how to be credited. Choose from three delivery methods:
- Paper check
- Direct deposit
- Prepaid Mastercard
Prepaid Mastercard is the most popular delivery method. You’ll receive it three to five days after signing up for Heartland ECSI and setting up Mastercard as your preferred method of receiving a refund.
You don’t have to open up a bank account to be eligible to receive the prepaid card. The card can be used on ATMs all over the world, and you can use it to pay bills, shop online, or to pay for anything in shops that accept Mastercard.
The card will have to be activated. You can do it by dialing 1-800-225-1115 and choosing your PIN.
It’s possible to change the delivery method whenever you want by doing the following:
- Log in to your account
- Click “Unenroll” in the menu
- Sign up for a different delivery method
You won’t have to sign up every semester because you’ll stay in the Heartland ECSI system until you graduate. You can change your personal details on your account, but your login ID and password will stay the same.
What Options Do I Have for Getting a Refund From My School?
You can request a refund from your institution in a few ways:
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
How To Request an ECSI Refund in No Time With DoNotPay
DoNotPay will help you save a lot of time when requesting your refund. The entire process will take just a few minutes, and your request will be sent to your bank automatically. Here’s which steps to follow:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser
- Scroll down to the “Chargeback Instantly” option
- Click on “Get Protected”
- Verify your personal info
- Answer all of the questions
- Sign and click “Submit”
DoNotPay will send a letter with all of the Visa or Mastercard codes together with the request. Another advantage is that we can also contact the merchant on your behalf in order to collect the evidence needed for a refund, according to the Fair Credit Billing Act rules.
DoNotPay can assist you in requesting a refund from many other companies fast and stress-free, including the most popular ones, such as:
How To Request a Refund From Your School Through the Heartland ECSI Website
Request a refund from your institution by following these steps:
- Log in to your RefundSelect Online account
- Go to your information
- Select your refund option
- Click on “Save”
You can also chat with the Heartland ECSI customer support reps by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner.
How To Ask for Heartland ECSI’s Assistance in Getting a Refund Over the Phone
If you wish to speak with ECSI’s customer care agents, dial 1-844-760-6052. The working hours are Monday–Friday, 7.30 am–8.00 pm.
Need help navigating the phone tree? Count on DoNotPay to hold the line for you and inform you as soon as one of the reps appears live to talk to you. With us, you can contact customer service agents of many popular companies, including:
When Can I Expect To Receive My Heartland ECSI Refund?
The waiting time from receiving an email notifying you that your request has been processed to receiving a refund will depend on the payment method you chose to be credited to.
- Prepaid card—The first refund you request will take from three to five business days to be credited because the card has to arrive via mail. Each refund that comes afterward will be issued to the prepaid card within a couple of hours of you being notified about the refund
- Direct deposit—The refund will be credited to your account within 24 to 48 hours of receiving an email informing you that the request has been processed
- Paper check—Expect to be refunded four to six business days after receiving the email notifying you about the refund
Can I Check the Status of My Refund Request?
You can check your refund request status on the Heartland ECSI website. All you need to do is log in to your ECSI account and click on the “Transaction History” link.
Here’s what you may see as your refund request status:
|Pending||Heartland ECSI has been informed about your refund by your school.|
|Issued||Your refund has been credited to your chosen delivery method.|
|Returned to School||The refund has been returned to your institution.|
|Check Cleared||If your chosen delivery method is a paper check, this status means that the bank has paid the refund.|
|Direct Deposit Returned to School||If you chose direct deposit as your delivery method, this means that the refund has been returned to your school.|
|Direct Deposit Returned to Heartland ECSI—Paper Check Pending Issuance||Your refund has been returned to Heartland ECSI, and it will be sent via paper check unless you provide the company with your new bank info or choose another delivery method.|
|Pending Void||Your paper check will be void because the request for it has been submitted.|
|Voided||Your paper check is void and can’t be used.|
|Returned as Undeliverable||If you chose a paper check as your delivery method, this means that it has been returned to the USPS.|
|Check Returned as Undeliverable, Funds Returned to School||Your paper check has been returned to your school.|
|Check Returned as Undeliverable, Returned to Heartland ECSI||Your paper check has been returned to Heartland ECSI, and you received new delivery info.|
Potential Problems To Look Out for When Requesting a Refund Through ECSI
The only issue you might face is that the amount of the refund isn’t correct. You should contact your school in that case.
DoNotPay Will Be Your Reliable Sidekick for Solving Other Bothersome Issues
DoNotPay can help you be time-efficient and save money when dealing with many other annoying administrative problems—not only refund requests. Once you open your DoNotPay account from a web browser, you’ll be able to rely on us to assist you in:
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Handling credit card issues
- Getting your robocall revenge
- Unsubscribing from unwanted memberships
- Suing any firm or individual in small claims court
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting in touch with customer service reps and navigating the phone tree
- Signing up for free trials safely
- Setting up DMV appointments fast and easy
- Getting compensation from any airline for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with unpaid bills
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from any company
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Stopping spam mail for good