What Are the Common Uses of a Fax Machine? Why Do People Still Use It?
If you ever wondered whether people still use fax machines, you’re in the right place. It might seem surprising, but businesses still use these machines regularly. Even though you can now send a fax via phone, email, Windows, Google, fax apps, various apps for communication, and other forms of electronic file transfer, faxing still hasn’t gone out of style.
If you’re curious about the uses of a fax machine, we will help you learn everything there is to know!
What Is a Fax Machine Used For?
A fax machine contains a modem, printer, and scanner. These are all the parts that enable users to send and receive printed files in a matter of minutes. The popularity of fax machines grew exponentially at the time when people needed a faster alternative to snail mail.
Fax machines have another neat feature—confirmation receipts. After you fax your document, the machine will print out the confirmation receipt stating that your message was received by the other party. The confirmation receipt will also include:
- Fax numbers of your and the recipient’s machine
- The date and time of the transmission
The world still uses fax machines for sending and receiving:
- Medical prescriptions
- Legal documents
- Signed documents
- Police reports
- Contracts that need to be signed and sent quickly
- Texts written in Korean, Chinese, and Japanese characters
Why Do People Still Use Fax Machines?
Many public sectors and industries—such as finance, government, and healthcare—still use faxes for sending important documents.
Some of the reasons fax machines aren’t a distant past are listed below:
- Other companies use faxes—If your business partner uses fax machines in their everyday business transfers, you won’t have another choice but to join in
- eFax became available—Faxing is now connected to the internet, which enables easy business transactions. Sending fax over Wi-Fi is convenient because it allows you to complete the task from a tablet, computer, or smartphone
- Force of habit—Many legal systems, like law firms and police departments, use faxing because they are used to it. Even healthcare isn’t immune to faxing
- Speed—Sending and receiving faxes is faster than using regular mail. Also, scanning and sending files over email could take you more time than faxing. In case you make a mistake while scanning, you’ll need to repeat the process. You can end up sending a wrong file
- Sending signatures safely—Signatures sent through a fax phone line won’t go through the internet, which is why some view fax machines as a safer method
- No anonymity—Faxes don’t have the element of anonymity. Whatever the situation, you’ll always get a confirmation receipt containing the number of the sender
- Availability to people with no internet access—It might be hard to believe that someone has no access to the internet in the 21st century—surprisingly, 47% of the world doesn’t. Using mail or fax machines may be the only communication options for people who don’t have internet access
Why You Should Fax With DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a revolutionary platform. We can help you complete tedious but important administrative tasks effortlessly.
Our Online Fax product is one of the most affordable and convenient tools for sending faxes safely. Online services will charge you up to $50 a month typically, which might burn a hole in your pocket. DoNotPay is much more cost-efficient.
Once you start using our nifty product, you’ll be able to:
- Send 100 pages a month (which is 45% more pages per dollar compared to other online fax services)
- Send faxes from your phone or computer
- Fax documents instantly with the Photo Snap option (traditional upload is also available)
The Online Fax feature is in sync with our Legal Documents tool. After you create a contract or another document with the help of our AI-powered app, you can also e-sign it and send it via DoNotPay.
You can even get the document notarized before faxing it securely with our app.
How To Send a Fax Using DoNotPay
|How To Send a Fax||What the Feature Does|
Use DoNotPay’s Legal Documents Feature To Create an Agreement
DoNotPay has a useful feature that can help you create 15 legal documents that you can e-sign, notarize, and fax from one place! If you still haven’t created the document you wish to fax, check out how our app can help you generate a(n):
- General Business Contract
- Bill of Sale
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Non-Compete Agreement
- LLC Operating Rules Agreement
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Residential Lease Agreement
- Estoppel Certificate
- Intent To Purchase Real Estate
- Quitclaim Deed
- Child Care Authorization Form
- General Affidavit
- Child Custody Agreement (Parent Plan)
- Promissory Note
- Prenuptial Agreement
Our App Makes Internet a Safer Place
With our Virtual Credit Card generator, you can sign up for any free trial without compromising your finances. The Burner Phone feature protects your privacy by hiding your real phone number on various websites. Scared of online stalking? Prevent it with DoNotPay!
All that browsing doesn’t come for free. If you need help with your internet bill, check out what DoNotPay has in store.
DoNotPay Is Here To Stay
Our platform offers a vast range of services where anyone struggling with bureaucracy can find a ready-made solution.
DoNotPay’s power is no child’s play—with our help, you will be able to demand compensation for canceled or delayed flights, nail difficult government-issued tests, and sue people and companies in small claims court!