Avoid Paying the UIC Application Fee Easily
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public university with more than 30,000 students in 16 colleges. If UIC is on your wish list, you should know that the tuition and college fees will not be cheap.
The good news is that DoNotPay knows the best ways of waiving fees and can help you save a significant amount of money.
What Are College Application Fee Waivers?
A college application fee waiver is a request a student makes to remove their application fees. Fee waivers are a convenient way to save money because most students apply to more than one school to boost their chances of enrollment.
The application costs in the U.S range from $50 to $100, and when several fees pile up, you end up paying hundreds of dollars. You’ll also have to pay for the SAT and ACT admission tests, which is another expense.
Before applying for college application fee waivers, you should see if you are eligible for one. The university will need proof that you come from a low-income family or have any additional financial problems due to other life circumstances.
How Much Is the Application Fee for the University of Illinois at Chicago?
On their website, UIC states that you will have to set aside $60 for an application fee, which is non-refundable. It is not a small amount, especially for people who experience financial hardships.
What Makes You Eligible for the UIC Fee Waiver?
As a UIC student, you have to meet at least one of the predetermined criteria to be able to bypass the payment of application fees. To be eligible for a UIC fee waiver, you should:
- Have received an SAT or ACT testing fee waiver
- Have a family income that meets the USDA Food and Nutrition Service Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Be a part of a local or state program that helps students from low-income families
- Receive public assistance
- Have participated in the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Price program
- Live at a foster home or are homeless
- Be an orphan
- Receive financial assistance from institutions such as PELL Expected Family Contributions or ISAC Amount
How To Request a Fee Waiver for UIC on Your Own
Once you confirm you are eligible for a fee waiver, you can apply for it when filling out your college application.
You can send your application along with the fee waiver request in any of the following ways:
|Can You Request a Fee Waiver With||Yes/No|
|The Common App||Yes|
|Other Electronic Options||Yes|
How To Request a UIC Fee Waiver Using the Common App
You may apply via the Common App and request a fee waiver by following these steps:
- Log in to your Common App account
- Open the Common App tab
- Select the Profile link
- Choose the Common App Fee Waiver category
- Provide the information regarding your eligibility for a fee waiver
- Select the economic factors that apply to your case
- Answer all the other required questions
- Finalize the process by providing your signature
If you haven’t already gotten an SAT or ACT fee waiver, your counselor must confirm your answers. UIC does not accept fee waivers for international applicants.
How To Request a UIC Fee Waiver Electronically
You may send your official electronic application documents to the University of Illinois at Chicago using any of the following services:
- The National Student Clearinghouse
Make sure to include your fee waiver request as well. You also need to send the institution’s agreements with any of the mentioned third-party servicers. You should follow instructions for each one, but always select The University of Illinois at Chicago as the recipient.
There is no need to provide an email address. The University of Illinois at Chicago already has a database of all accounts linked to these providers. This means that UIC can access the transcripts and your email address through it.
How To Request a UIC Fee Waiver via Letter
You can also send the documents required for application by letter and include the fee waiver request. Do the following:
- Collect and complete all the required application documents
- Place the documents in an envelope and seal it
- Address the letter
- Send the letter to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, MC 018, University of Illinois at Chicago, Suite 1100 Student Services Building, 1200 West Harrison Street, Chicago, Illinois 60607-7161
How To Request a UIC Fee Waiver in Person
You have the option of hand-delivering the official documentation in hard copy to the Office of Admissions as well. You will need to collect all the documents and fill them out before sealing the envelope.
The University of Illinois at Chicago clearly states on its website that opened and resealed mail won’t be accepted—so do not risk it.
Use DoNotPay To Get a College Application Fee Waiver
You can count on DoNotPay to help you get a UIC application fee waiver without fuss. You should also use our app to get rid of other college application fees and lessen the expenses as much as possible. We can help you get three kinds of fee waivers:
- New Student Application Fee
- Transfer Student Fee
- Enrollment Deposit Fee
Access DoNotPay from a web browser and follow these easy instructions:
- Find and select the College Application Fee Waiver option
- Choose the fee you want to waive
- Pick the college you’re applying to
- Provide us with some info about your finances
- Inform us if you need your counselor’s signature
We will complete the form and send it to the counselor to sign. We can also send it directly to the university’s financial aid office if you don’t need the signature.
DoNotPay Can Help You With Many More Administrative Tasks
DoNotPay can help you with other tedious and time-consuming tasks in Illinois. Perhaps you need help contesting parking tickets or want to find clinical trials in Chicago? We can help you with both issues in no time.
We can also cancel subscriptions to some of the most popular Chicago-based newspapers, such as The Chicago Tribune or The Chicago Sun-Times. DoNotPay will assist you with terminating a ComEd service in under five minutes or paying your electric bills for any location in Illinois.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and let us manage tasks like:
- Getting refunds or chargebacks from companies easily
- Locating and contacting your incarcerated loved ones
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Scheduling DMV appointments fast and easy
- Terminating various subscriptions or memberships
- Signing up for services without phone number verification
- Finding and applying for various clinical trials
- Tackling credit card issues
- Asking for refunds and compensation for canceled or delayed flights
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Contesting parking tickets
- Filing warranty claims for any company
- Stopping text spam on your phone
- Disputing speeding tickets
- Protecting your work against infringement of copyright
- Getting sweet revenge on robocalls
- Signing up for free trials without the risk of getting charged
- Skipping the phone queue when trying to reach customer service agents
- Locating abandoned assets that might belong to you
- Managing bills you’re unable to pay
- Getting rid of spam emails for good
- Waiving application fees for different colleges
- Seeking justice in small claims court