Being a Prison Wife Is Easier With DoNotPay
Maintaining a relationship when your spouse is incarcerated is not easy. Luckily, there are ways to alleviate the hardships. You can join prison wives’ support groups and keep in touch with your partner as much as possible.
In this article, we’ll break down some of the problems prison wives deal with and give helpful suggestions along the way.
What Problems Do Prison Wives Face?
As a prison wife, you may experience some of these difficulties:
- Feeling lonely
- Covering bills
- Raising children
- Contacting your incarcerated spouse
We’ll shed some light on them and give you useful tips to help you on this journey.
What Prison Wives’ Support Groups Can I Join?
On top of dealing with the reality of a loved one in jail, prison wives face a lot of judgment from the general public, sometimes even their closest friends or family. The important thing to remember is that you are not alone! Many women are experiencing the same feelings.
You can find hope and encouragement by visiting some of these blogs and support groups:
- Prison Fellowship
- Strong Prison Wives
- Prison Wives With Kids
- For the Lives of Prison Wives
- Prison Wives-Mothers-Daughters-Prayer Group
If you’re not up for talking to others about your situation, you have other options. You can read insightful books, such as The Prison Wives Diary, How to Love and Inspire Your Man After Prison, and The Art Of Holding Together Your Relationship While Doing Time In Prison.
What If I Can’t Manage Bills on My Own?
We understand how overwhelming it can be when you have to deal with finances by yourself. Aside from family and friends helping you, there are programs you can join and grants or loans you can request.
DoNotPay can help you get an extension or negotiate a smaller bill. Our app will keep the numbers low on the following bills:
How To Contact Your Incarcerated Loved One
Contact is the key to motivating your spouse to hang on. What type of contact is allowed depends on the prison, but some common methods of communication are:
- Inmate calling
- Writing a letter
- Inmate visitations
- Using apps like Write A Prisoner or PrisonPenPals
- Sending packages, including books, magazines, and iCare packages
Locate Your Loved One in Prison Using DoNotPay
Before contacting your partner, you need to know their correct address. It’s common for prisoners to get transferred to a different jail or unit, and you may not even know it. You don’t have to dive deep into numerous prisons’ websites and contact the prison staff.
DoNotPay can help you find your incarcerated loved one with ease by following these steps:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Choose the Connect With an Inmate feature
- Click on Locate Someone
- Fill in the prisoner’s full name and the U.S. state
- Answer a few questions and hit Submit
With our AI-powered technology, we’ll promptly comb through all correctional facilities, find your spouse, and provide you with their current location.
Send and Receive Inmate Letters via DoNotPay
Inmate visits and phone calls are short and monitored. Touching is usually restricted or forbidden. Instead, you can write a long letter and pour your heart out without the risk of being cut off.
Once you access DoNotPay from a web browser and choose the Connect With an Inmate feature, do the following:
- Click on Send a Personalized Letter
- Fill in your partner’s name
- Enter their Inmate ID or Booking Number
- Write your letter
We care about making your letter as special as possible. To add a personal touch to it, you can choose from our holiday and special occasions templates. Including photos with your letter is also an option.
A photograph can be a unique reminder of your love and support. Your spouse could keep a photo you sent them in their pocket or up on the wall.
Whether you send pictures to an inmate via DoNotPay or the post office, you need to follow these guidelines:
DoNotPay’s Virtual Mailbox
You don’t have to go to the post office and wait in line to get ahold of your spouse’s letters. DoNotPay’s virtual mailbox allows you to receive letters from your partner. With a few clicks, access your loved one’s letters, brew yourself a cup of coffee or tea, and enjoy reading your partner’s words.
How does the virtual mailbox work? It’s simple! Your partner sends a letter to DoNotPay the usual way. We will digitize it and automatically upload it to the app. You’ll get a notification as soon as the letter is in your mailbox.
Are Conjugal Visits Allowed?
The availability of conjugal visits depends on the specific correctional facility. According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, conjugal visits are forbidden in federal prisons. State prisons are governed by state laws, and not every state permits conjugal visits.
State prisons in the following states offer conjugal visits with certain requirements and restrictions:
- New York
It’s best to check with the facility your partner is in so that you know what to expect. Some common requirements before a conjugal visit are a search, a medical examination, and a background check. The visit usually lasts a few hours.
DoNotPay Can Also Help You Through Other Problems
We understand that you want to keep a brave face for your partner and be their rock, but you shouldn’t neglect yourself. Here are some fun ideas for when you make time for yourself—sign up for a Hulu, Spotify, or YouTube Premium free trial or give Audible or SiriusXM a try. With the help of our free virtual credit card, DoNotPay can ensure you enjoy your chosen free trials with no hidden charges.
Access DoNotPay from your web browser, and you’ll see that we are so much more than a guide on inmate issues.
DoNotPay can be your virtual assistant when you need to:
- Contest your parking tickets
- Demand refunds from different companies
- Start free trials without disclosing your credit card info
- Appeal your speeding tickets
- Waive college application fees with ease
- Handle any credit card issues
- Manage bills you are unable to pay
- Get revenge on annoying robocalls
- Locate any unclaimed funds under your name
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Schedule a DMV appointment smoothly
- Get rid of spam emails forever
- Cancel your subscriptions or memberships effortlessly
- Fight your traffic tickets
- Skip the phone queue when contacting customer service reps
- Get in touch with your incarcerated family or friends
- File and appeal claims for any warranty
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Block text message spam for good
- Sign up for services without phone verification
- Locate and apply for clinical trials near you
- Request refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Protect yourself and loved ones from stalking and harassment