How To Get a Pokemon Go Refund
The game is free but has in-app purchases, such as PokeCoins—the in-app currency that’s used in the Pokemon Go shop. Many users complained about experiencing technical issues with in-app purchases. If you’re one of them, you can request a refund from Pokemon Go.
How To Get a Pokemon Go Refund on Your Own?
You are eligible for a Pokemon Go Refund if any of the following issues occurred:
- You accidentally made an in-app purchase
- Pokemon Go charged you twice for your purchase
- You experienced technical issues with the app, and you couldn’t use your in-app purchases
Requesting a Pokemon Go refund depends on the device you’re using. You can demand a refund through:
- Apple’s App Store
- Google Play store
- Samsung Galaxy store
- Niantic customer support
How To Request an Apple Refund for Pokemon Go
This is how you can get a refund from Niantic for Pokemon Go if you’re an Apple user:
- Go to Apple’s Report a Problem page
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password
- Find the Pokemon Go app—there should be a Report button next to it
- Click on the Report a Problem button
- Follow the instructions they provide to explain why you want a refund
- Select Submit
You can contact Apple’s customer support and request a refund over the phone or chat. If you have problems reaching an agent, DoNotPay can help you skip the phone queue with Niantic customer service.
Requesting a Google Play Pokemon Go Refund
If you’re an Android user, you’ll be requesting a refund via Google Play. Follow the steps below to get your refund:
- Go to Returns and Refunds on Google Play’s support page
- Find and click on Apps, Games, and In-app Purchases
- Select the time of you purchase
- Enter the information about why you’re requesting a refund
- Hit Submit
How To Request Pokemon Go Refund via Samsung Galaxy App Store
Galaxy Store states that they don’t usually grant refunds for purchased apps, but you can contact their customer support and ask for a refund. You can contact Galaxy store:
- Over the phone at 1-800-726-7864
- Via chat
- On social Media—Facebook and Twitter
- In person
Request Your Refund From Niantic Directly
Pokemon Go offers customer support through its in-app support system. You can contact Niantic like so:
- Open the Main Menu from your Map View
- Click on Settings in the upper right corner
- Select Get Support at the bottom of the page
- Tap on Contact Us
Niantic, however, encourages its customers to demand a refund through Apple, Google Play, and Samsung Galaxy, depending on which device they use because all these app stores have their own refund policies.
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Google Play Store||
Getting Pokemon Go Refunds With DoNotPay
In order to request a refund for Pokemon Go in-app purchases, there are a million things you have to do, as we’ve already established. Fortunately, the process doesn’t have to be as confusing and exhausting as that because you have DoNotPay.
All you need to do is open DoNotPay in your and follow the next few steps to request your refund:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Click on File a Chargeback option
- Give our chatbot the information about your payment method and your Pokemon Go purchase
- Enter your bank details
- Input the information about your Pokemon Go case
- Verify your personal information
DoNotPay will forward your letter of refund payment to the bank and Niantic after you give us your permission to do so. Along with your dispute letter, DoNotPay will send them a copy of your VISA and MasterCard codes that will help make your case stronger.
Pokemon Go Refund Policy
The main thing about Pokemon Go and Niantic, in general, is that they don’t grant refunds themselves. Their policy is to direct you to the app store that you used to purchase your in-app items. This complicates the refund request process because there are separate refund policies for each app store.
Apple refund policy states that:
- You can request a refund within 14 days of your purchase
- Apple will verify your request within 48 hours
- Refund eligibility could depend on your location
- You can exchange your item in an app store
Google Play refund policy:
- If the purchase was accidental, you’re eligible for a refund
- You can report unauthorized charges within 120 days of the transaction
- You can request a Google Play refund within 48 hours of your purchase
- Refunds might depend on third-parties—the developers
- If you uninstall the app within two hours of your purchase, you should be refunded automatically
When it comes to policies regarding the time it takes for the refund to go through, your payment method is what counts. See the table below for details:
Up to 48 hours
Mobile phone billing
|Up to 60 days|
|All other payment methods||
Up to 30 days
|Credit or debit card||3–5 business days|
Mobile carrier billing
1–30 business days
One business day
|1–10 business days|
3–5 business days
Potential Problems You Might Experience When Requesting Your Pokemon Go Refund
You should have no problems requesting a refund for Pokemon Go in-app purchases, but in case you can’t request a refund via App Store support, check whether your charge is pending. If it is, you can’t request a refund until the service receives your payment. Request a refund again once your charge goes through.
How Long Will It Take for You To Receive a Pokemon Go Refund?
The period within which you’ll receive your refund depends on the app store where you made your purchase. With the App Store, the process might take up to 48 hours.
Google Play usually refunds your charge within one business day, but sometimes this can take up to three business days.
Take Niantic to Court With the Help of DoNotPay
If the company happens to violate your consumer rights, DoNotPay will be there to help you make a claim against them. Our award-winning app will be your virtual lawyer and help you build a strong case.
When you access our app, we’ll:
- Collect all the information we need to build your case
- Fill out your legal claim
- Generate a script you’ll use in your hearing
Hire a New Personal Assistant for Administrative Issues
DoNotPay can solve many problems you encounter on a daily basis—be it administrative or legal. Helping people get a refund is DoNotPay’s forte.
No need to spend countless hours researching what your consumer rights for refunds are when you have our app by your side.
You can access DoNotPay through your .
This is what DoNotPay will help you with:
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Dealing with credit card problems
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Getting rid of spam email forever
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Disputing parking tickets
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting customer support agents on the phone without waiting
- Scheduling an appointment with the DMV without waiting
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Terminating subscriptions and memberships
- Fighting speeding citations
- Ending text spam for good