How To Get a Rockstar Refund in a Matter of Minutes
Best known for its Grand Theft Auto series, Rockstar Games is a U.S. video developer company that predominantly publishes action-adventure and racing games.
Of all the good stuff available on Rockstar, you might have purchased the wrong product or one that you didn’t particularly enjoy, and you might want your money back. Whatever the case, this article will show you how to get your refund in no time.
Key Aspects of the Rockstar Games Refund Policy
The refund policy of Rockstar Games covers purchases made from the Rockstar Warehouse—Rockstar’s online web store that sells games and merchandise—or products redeemed via the Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Digital game purchases
- Bundle purchases
However, you cannot request a refund if the above purchases came with any:
- Physical goods
- Virtual currency or virtual goods (i.e., GTA V comes with its Shark credit cards that you use for in-game purchases. Those purchases are also not refundable.)
- Other nonrefundable items
If the total amount of playtime across all accounts exceeds two hours on the games you listed in your transaction, you will not be able to return them. Bonus or free games that you receive along with your purchase are also included in that timeframe.
If you have paid for a product in advance, Rockstar will refund your money within 14 days of receiving your cancellation notice. As for physical products, the 14-day period starts after Rockstar receives proof that the product has been returned to them.
Rockstar Games will also cover the money spent on delivery when you ordered your product, but you will have to pay yourself if you decide to return it. The refunded amount will be equal to the least expensive type of standard delivery they offer. Still, you can always hop off to the nearest Rockstar Games store yourself to avoid any extra costs.
Please note that this policy does not cover digital games purchased from the Rockstar Warehouse that demand redemption through Steam. If Steam’s refund policy bothers you, we can explain all the steps to get your refund on Steam using DoNotPay.
How Do I Request My Rockstar Games Refund?
There are several ways you can ask Rockstar for your money back. Here are all the options at your disposal:
Can You Request a Refund Via
How To Request a Rockstar Refund via Website
To request a refund through the Rockstar Warehouse website:
- Log in to your Social Club account
- Click on Orders in the top right corner
- Find your order there
- Use the Request a Refund option
- Submit your request
How To Request a Rockstar Refund via Email
You can also request your refund via email through their Contact Form:
- Enter the number of your order
- Type and verify your email address
- Select Return Order as the subject
- Give a brief description of your issue
They should respond to your email within approximately 24 hours. While you’re at it, find out how to best deal with Rockstar's customer service.
How To Get a Refund for Rockstar Games With DoNotPay
Would you prefer to steer clear of Rockstar Games’ refund policy that many consumers find confusing? That’s ok—you can turn to DoNotPay and request your refund in a matter of minutes.
All you have to do is:
- Log in to DoNotPay in your web browser
- Select the Chargeback Instantly option in the Protection Products section
- Select a payment option you used when you bought your product
- Provide DoNotPay with your bank info
- Type Rockstar Games as the name of the merchant
- Follow through the end by verifying your info
You can then choose an option to send a demand letter to your bank—along with automatically faxed Visa/Mastercard codes. We’ll also attach evidence that we contacted the merchant for you.
When Will I Receive My Rockstar Refund?
Once you contact the company requesting your refund as explained above, and they receive your returned product, your refund will appear in your account within five to seven business days.
If you used a payment method other than a credit card, provide Rockstar with your bank info so it can credit your account correctly.
Can I Cancel My Rockstar Games Order?
For all purchases, be it physical goods or services, Rockstar Games gives you a grace period of 14 calendar days, during which you can cancel your order for any reason.
The 14-day period starts upon Rockstar receiving the receipt of your product or after they’ve accepted your order for services. The grace period ends automatically, and you lose your right to cancel the product if you have already:
- Received the services you ordered
- Unsealed or used any software product
- Used a digitally purchased product through a download link
- Created an order that was made specifically for you
You cannot cancel purchases of physically shipped products that are in stock. These orders are processed immediately and cannot be canceled prior to shipment. The same goes for digital purchases—they are immediately fulfilled unless it was a pre-order, in which case you can cancel within 14 days.
Issues I May Encounter When Requesting My Rockstar Games Refund
Rockstar will sometimes choose to check for any loss in the product’s value and consequently deduce from the refund of your physical product, for example—if the product has been used before you returned it to them. You are therefore obligated to take good care of your products and return them as they originally came.
If you choose to cancel your ordered service after it has started, the company will give you a prorated refund and subtract the amount equal to how long the service was in use.
If you choose to contact Rockstar Games about your refund via email, you might not get a response. They are a huge company that receives tons of emails from their customers daily, so it’s better to not wait more than a day. Yet another reason why you should rely on DoNotPay to do the job for you!
If you are having other issues that are not mentioned here, log in to the Rockstar Games website and look for the General Support tab or contact the company via the Customer Service.
DoNotPay Can Do Much More Than Getting Your Game Refund
Apart from handling your accounts on various gaming services, DoNotPay is there to assist you with a bunch of other legal/bureaucratic issues.
- Solve issues with credit cards
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Sign up for free trials without risk
- Fight speeding tickets
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Deal with bills you can’t pay
- Free yourself from spam mail forever
- Receive refunds or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contest parking tickets
- Schedule DMV appointments quickly
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Skip the phone queue when speaking with customer service reps
- Sue people or corporations in small claims court
- Get refunds from other companies
- End your subscriptions or memberships