Apple Refund Policy—What To Do if You Want To Get a Refund From Apple?
Apple, Inc. is a multinational technological giant so influential that it barely needs an introduction. Best known for creating some of the most beloved electronic devices and software services, Apple has devised the iPhone, iMac, iPad, MacBook, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iOS, iCloud, and iTunes.
Founded in 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne, the company has since developed hundreds of different products, sold over two billion iOS devices, and created a cult following of millions of devotees the world over.
What Is Apple’s Refund Policy for Purchased Items?
Apple’s products aren’t exactly on the affordable side—so if you need to return an item for whatever reason—it’s vital to know what to expect from the return and refund process.
To initiate the refund process, it’s necessary to first return your device to Apple.
We’ve distilled some key points from the Apple U.S. Returns & Refunds policy:
- You have 14 calendar days to return the purchased item from the date you received it
- The item you're sending back needs to be repackaged with all the cords, adapters, and documentation that you got when you received it, including the receipt
- Only items that have been bought directly from Apple (either online or at an Apple store), can be returned to Apple
- If you purchased your device through another retailer, you will have to follow their respective returns and refunds policy
- Returning your iPhone or iPad will not automatically cancel your wireless account, so make sure you get in touch with your carrier to cancel the service agreement if necessary
Once Apple receives your item, the refund process will commence right away. You can also choose to have the item exchanged for another Apple product.
If you canceled a pickup item but were charged for it, Apple will initiate the refund immediately after they process your cancellation request.
Can You Return an Apple Product if You Don’t Have the Receipt?
You may not have the receipt of your Apple product, whether because it was a gift or for any other reason. If your Apple item was bought at an Apple Store, the company’s policy allows you to return it as a gift without receipt. Enter the serial number on the Apple website to check if it is eligible for a return.
How To Return Your Item to Apple
You can always bring your item to any Apple U.S. store. If that’s not an option, you can ship it back to the company.
To do so, you should:
- Sign in to your Order Listing page with your Apple account credentials
- Find the item in question
- Click on the Return link below your item
- Hit the Get Started button
- Confirm the items you wish to return
- Press the Initiate Your Return button
- Select the Print Return Label option
- Schedule a pick up with the carrier
Key Aspects of the Apple Refund Method
The way Apple processes refunds depends on the payment method you used when you made the purchase:
- If you paid by credit or debit card, it will take up to five business days since the returned item arrived for the bank to receive the funds
- Refunds on products bought with an Apple Gift Card will be issued as a new Apple Gift Card by email
- Items paid with the Apple Account Balance will be refunded back to that account
How To Request a Refund for Apple Apps or Content
What if you are not over the moon about an app, service, or content you bought from Apple, including purchases from iTunes, Apple Books, or the App Store? You can always apply for a refund.
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
Get an Apple Apps or Content Refund Via Website
You will be able to demand your money back if you’re not satisfied with an Apple app or content purchased through one of Apple’s online stores.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Report a problem
- Log in using your Apple ID and password
- Press the Report or Report a Problem button next to the item you wish to get a refund for
- Select the reason why you want a refund
- Submit your demand
After you make the request, Apple will get in touch with an update within 48 hours. Log in to the Report a problem page to check the status.
Use DoNotPay To Get a Refund for Apple Apps or Content
With DoNotPay, the process of asking for a refund for your iTunes or App Store purchase will only take two minutes of your time.
All you have to do is:
- Open DoNotPay in your
- Tap or click on the File a Chargeback option
- Have a short chat with our bot about the transaction in question
- Sign the request
- Click on Submit
DoNotPay will fax the request to your bank with the attached applicable VISA and Mastercard codes. If you prefer to go through the vendor directly (in this case, Apple), DoNotPay can do that for you, too. Just let our chatbot know!
How Long Does an Apple Refund Take?
It usually takes from five to seven days after the Apple store receives the article for the money to show up on your bank account.
For a product bought in the App Store or iTunes, a refund will take no more than three days.
Take Apple to Court if It Breached Your Consumer Rights
At DoNotPay, we’re committed to making sure everyone can get access to services, regardless of their background, education, or bank account.
If Apple wronged you and you’re struggling to protect your consumer rights, consider taking the matter to small claims court and demand compensation for your troubles.
Relying on state-of-the-art AI technology, our robot lawyer will prepare and fill out the necessary legal documentation for you. Not just that, but it will also generate a script with the legal argumentation you should use to strengthen your claim.
As a testament to our contributions, our app has been recognized by the American Bar Association and won the 2020 Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access.
DoNotPay Can Help You With a Variety of Other Things
Even if you’re an Apple aficionado, you probably cannot stand those Apple spam emails or fake Apple Inc. robocalls. With DoNotPay, you can now get rid of them without breaking a sweat. Our app can also assist you in canceling various services and subscriptions, such as Apple News+ or .
Whatever chore or errand you want to get done, DoNotPay can probably do it quicker and even save you some money along the way.
We can give you a hand with:
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Suing any company or individual in small claims court
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Protecting yourself from harassment and stalking
- Contesting traffic tickets
- Securing refunds from other companies
- Removing spam emails from your inbox
- Disputing parking tickets
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Canceling any subscription or membership
- Setting up an appointment with the DMV
- Skipping the phone queue when calling customer service reps
- Signing up for free trials without any risks
You can experience DoNotPay in your .