How to Get People’s Energy Credit Refund the Easy Way
If you pay your People’s Energy bill by direct debit, you may find yourself being ‘in credit’ with the company. This simply means that People’s Energy owes you money. But getting a is often a long, tedious, and often frustrating process for many UK residents. No need to worry, though. There’s an easier, faster, and less frustrating way to get a refund from People’s Energy via DoNotPay.
And it’s not just People’s Energy. You can also use DoNotPay to get an easyJet refund and other plane ticket refunds, Trainline refund, Just Eat refunds, Wowcher refunds, Amigo Loans refund, Teletext Holidays refund, NatWest chargeback, Trainline delay refund, council tax refund, Argos refund, and more. Read on to learn how to get refunds and chargebacks the easy way using DoNotPay.
Note that People’s Energy ceased trading on 14 September 2021. All their customers have since been transferred to British Gas. All overpayments were transferred to British Gas, which will honour domestic customers’ credit balances for customers of People’s Energy who are owed money.
How to Get a People’s Energy Credit Refund on Your Own
The monthly bill you get from People’s Energy is an estimate based on the amount of energy the company thinks you’ll use over the whole year. If you used less energy than you paid for, you are entitled to a at the end of the year. In most cases, you have to claim back the credit.
You’re probably wondering, how do I get a refund from People’s Energy? To get a People’s Energy credit refund on your own:
- Contact People’s Energy/British Gas. Contact details should be on your bill or online account. You can request a People’s Energy credit refund via
- Website: https://www.britishgas.co.uk/contact-us.html
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0330 100 0056
- Post: send a letter to British Gas, PO Box 227, Rotherham S98 1PD
- Tell the representative how much credit refund you seek from the company.
- Provide an up-to-date meter reading.
British Gas will review the details of your credit and contact you in due course. The review process isn’t always simple and may take a few weeks. Eventually, British Gas should be able to validate your information and send you a cheque for your credit. The whole process usually takes 4-8 weeks.
|Can You Request a Refund Via||Yes/No:|
People’s Energy Credit Refund Policy
You are entitled to a refund from People’s Energy at the end of the year if you used less energy than you paid for. You can claim back your People’s Energy credit at any time. All you have to do is contact British Gas and make the request. British Gas will either refund the money straight back into your bank account or send you a cheque in the account holder’s name.
You can also choose to leave the money in the account if you anticipate higher energy bills in the coming months. For instance, you might want to keep the credit in your account during summer to use it to reduce your energy bills during autumn and winter. British Gas will pay the amount back by reducing your direct debit payments.
Issues You Might Encounter When Requesting a People’s Energy Credit Refund
Overpaying for your energy is quite common here in the UK. Suppliers must refund any credit they hold. But it’s not always smooth sailing; you may face some issues when claiming credit back from People’s Energy. Here are some of the issues you might encounter when requesting a People’s Energy credit refund:
- Long phone queues.
- Sometimes it takes too long to get your credit back.
- A credit refund request may be denied.
How to Get a People’s Energy Credit Refund With DoNotPay
Getting a People’s Energy credit refund can be a time-consuming and very frustrating process. But you don’t have to go through all that trouble; DoNotPay provides an easier way to request a refund from any company. The best part is that the DoNotPay credit refund product is incredibly easy to use. All you have to do is
- Find the Chargeback Quickly product on DoNotPay.
- Tell us which credit card (or ACH transfer) the payment was on, and enter the name of your bank and the merchant.
- Select the reason for your chargeback, and provide relevant details, including the charge amount, the charge date, a description of the payment, and any files you can upload as evidence.
DoNotPay will fax your request quickly and email you confirming that your refund request has been completed. We’ll also gather evidence on your behalf to make it harder for the company to deny your request.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to requesting credit refunds, DoNotPay can help you solve a wide range of problems, including legal and social issues. Here are some of the problems DoNotPay can help you solve:
- Get assistance paying your bills
- Get lower hotel bills
- File lawsuits at small claims court
- Get in touch with customer service easily
- Participate in free trials
- Get a free virtual credit card
- Sign up for free trials safely
Get the DoNotPay app today to solve these and any other legal or social issues you may be facing.