A Step-by-Step Guide to Requesting a PayPal Cash Plus Balance Refund
PayPal is one of the most popular online platforms that enables sending and receiving money as well as paying for services and products.
Whether you have a regular PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account, you can request a refund if one of the products you purchased with PayPal doesn’t meet your expectations.
What Is the Difference Between PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus Refund in the First Place?
PayPal Cash Plus offers access to more features than the regular PayPal Cash balance. Other than being able to send money directly from PayPal, use the account to pay with Google Pay and Samsung Pay, and transfer money to Acorns directly from PayPal, you can also:
- Withdraw cash at ATMs
- Have your money insured by the FDIC
- Pay in checks to your balance
- Get cash at Walmart
- Top up your balance in shops
Are you wondering if there’s any difference between the two account options that PayPal offers refund-wise? You should know that the process is the same for both PayPal Cash Plus and PayPal Cash refund.
Ways to Get a PayPal Cash Plus Refund
If you want to get a PayPal Cash Plus refund, you can do it in a few ways:
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
|Email (Contacting the Seller)||
How to Request a PayPal Cash Plus Refund Through PayPal
Are you unhappy with the item you bought with PayPal? You can request your PayPal Cash Plus balance refund in a few ways. You can:
- Cancel your payment if it is pending or hasn’t been claimed
- Open a dispute through PayPal if you can’t get in touch with the seller, if you didn’t receive the product, or if the description for the item you bought is false. Sellers usually issue a refund after you open a dispute to avoid receiving bad reviews
- File a claim if the seller refuses to give you a refund
Here’s which steps to follow for each option:
Cancel Your Order and Payment
|Open a Dispute on the PayPal Website||
File a Claim Against the Seller
Another option is to contact the seller directly via email and request your refund. Make sure to compose a formal email and explain why you want a refund. You can find the seller’s info by selecting the payment you want to cancel and clicking on the sender’s details.
A Quicker Way to Request Your PayPal Cash Plus Refund—DoNotPay
If you feel confused and overwhelmed by all of the described options, DoNotPay is there to help. We can help you request a PayPal Cash Plus refund in a matter of minutes, and here’s how:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser
- Go to the “Chargeback Instantly” option
- Click on “Get Protected”
- Respond to all of the chatbot’s questions
- Verify your signature
- Click on “Submit”
Rest assured that your request will be faxed directly to the bank together with the letter that contains Visa and Mastercard codes. DoNotPay will also contact the merchant for you to create evidence, as requested by the Fair Credit Billing Act.
We can help you request a refund from other companies as well, such as:
PayPal Refund Policy Explained
PayPal wants to protect buyers from being scammed or receiving products that are damaged or don’t fit the description. That’s why they provide buyers with a buyers protection program no matter if you want to request a PayPal Cash or a PayPal Cash Plus balance refund.
Even if you don’t have a PayPal balance, you will be eligible for a refund if all the conditions are met.
If you get a product that you’re not happy with, you can ask for a refund within the first 180 days after receiving the product.
The seller has to give you a full refund. You have the right to issue a dispute and request your money back through PayPal if you are not issued a refund.
In case the seller doesn’t claim your payment, you’ll be automatically refunded 30 days after paying.
You’ll be credited with the refund to the original paying method. Bear in mind that you may receive the refund on your PayPal balance first, and then the funds will be transferred to your bank account if that was your payment method of choice for the product in question.
How Long Will I Have to Wait to Receive My PayPal Cash Plus Refund?
The duration of the refund processing will depend on the chosen payment method:
- Bank account—three to five days of the request
- Credit card & debit card—up to 30 days of the request
- PayPal balance—the same day you request a refund
Can I Check My PayPal Cash Plus Refund Request Status?
You can check the status of your PayPal Cash Plus balance refund through the PayPal website. It can be shown as pending, refunded, partially refunded, or temporary hold.
Follow these steps to see the status:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Go to the “Activity” page
- Select “Advanced Filters” in the drop-down menu
- Choose “Refunds”
- Click the transaction you want to check
Another option is to contact the PayPal customer support agents by dialing 1-402-935-2050.
DoNotPay can be of great help here as well. We will hold the line for you and notify you when one of the customer care specialists is ready to talk with you. With us, you can contact various companies hassle-free, including:
Will I Come Across Any Issues When Requesting My PayPal Refund?
PayPal can refuse to approve a refund if you forget to cancel an auto-renewed subscription through their website.
If you choose to sign up for a subscription with your PayPal Cash Plus account, you need to cancel it there as well and not only on the website of the subscription in question. In case you don’t do it, you will be charged from PayPal.
To avoid wasting money, rely on DoNotPay to cancel your unused memberships, or sign up for free trials with our virtual credit card.
DoNotPay Makes Every Administrative Problem Easier to Solve
Should you have other administrative issues, you can count on the world’s first robot lawyer to help you solve them as quickly and effortlessly as possible. All you need to do is log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser and let us help you navigate situations such as:
- Solving credit card queries
- Unsubscribing from unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting in touch with customer service reps stress-free
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting your revenge on robocalls
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Setting up a DMV appointment in a couple of minutes
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Resolving issues regarding bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from any company
- Blocking spam mail
- Signing up for free trials without being billed once they’re over