I’ll See U at LSU—How To Get an LSU Application Fee Waiver Without Any Trouble
Like most other universities, LSU charges an application fee. If you are keen on becoming one of the Redbirds, you can ease the pressure and relieve some of the financial burdens by applying for a fee waiver.
Getting a fee waiver doesn’t have to be complicated—DoNotPay is here to walk you through the process.
What Is an Application Fee Waiver?
Most colleges require paying an application fee. Schools charge a fee because they want to separate students who are serious about attending from those who consider it an option. A college application fee is intended to cover the expenses of reviewing your application, conducting information sessions, answering applicant questions, and deciding upon the admission.
While application fees serve their purposes to colleges, they often create a financial barrier that discourages students from applying. That is why more and more schools are willing to grant fee waivers to students, provided they meet established criteria.
Students with financial difficulties are considered eligible for requesting a fee waiver at any college. Some schools have their own conditions for applying, like belonging to a certain club or paying an official on-campus visit. That is why future applicants should check the requirements of the desired university before applying for a fee waiver.
Why Should You Obtain an Application Fee Waiver?
Students often apply to multiple back-up colleges to increase their chances of enrollment. If they don’t obtain a fee waiver, the costs of college fees can mount up to hundreds of dollars. Getting a fee waiver will not only save them money but also allow them to explore more options. DoNotPay is here to simplify the process of getting a fee waiver so you can increase your chances of attending the college of your dreams.
How Much Does the Application Fee for LSU Cost?
If you want to apply for Illinois State University, you have to pay a $50 application fee. The application fee is non-refundable, so students interested in applying for a fee waiver must do it before submitting their college application.
The University will process your application once they receive the application fee or a fee waiver verification, followed by requested documentation.
Those students who fail to submit the necessary documents or whose application has been denied will not receive the application fee refund.
Who Qualifies for an LSU Fee Waiver?
You are qualified to request an LSU fee waiver if you are:
- An army veteran or on active duty in the U.S. military
- A permanent employee or retiree of the Illinois State University
- A former LSU student who wishes to come back and continue studying at the same degree level
Students with financial hardships can also apply for a fee waiver at LSU, provided they are:
- Qualified for or a part of the free or reduced-price lunch program at their schools
- Incoming transfer students who are qualified for receiving full federal aid and with an Expected Family Contribution [EFC] of a maximum of $1,000
- Incoming transfer students who are a part of any local, state, or federal program designed to help families with low income, such as Upward Bound
How Can You Request an LSU Application Fee Waiver by Yourself?
Here is an overview of the methods you can use to get an application fee waiver from Illinois State University:
|Method of Applying||Yes/No|
|Third-party apps, such as the Common App||No|
|NACAC application fee waiver form||No|
|Official LSU application form||Yes|
|FAFSA Student Aid Report||Yes|
Applying for a Fee Waiver With FAFSA
You can show your Expected Family Contribution is less than $1,000 by submitting a copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
Getting Your Application Fee Waived via LSU Fee Waiver Form
Ask your high school counselor, financial aid counselor, or community college advisor to confirm your financial difficulties by using the official LSU fee waiver form.
Your guidance counselor, community college advisor, or financial aid representative must email the required documents to Admissions@IllinoisState.edu or send them to the following address:
Illinois State University
Office of Admissions
Campus Box 2200
Normal, IL 61790-2200
How To Get an LSU Fee Waiver Using DoNotPay
If you are interested in applying for a fee waiver at Illinois State University, your options are limited. You cannot use any of the third-party apps, and even if you could, they don’t always bring the desired results. We offer a more practical way to get your application fee waived at LSU or any other back-up college you are considering.
DoNotPay’s efficient solution will help you apply for a fee waiver with minimal effort. We will fill out the form and mail it on your behalf to save your time and spare your nerves.
Here’s how to use our app:
- Sign up for DoNotPay in your
- Access the College Application Fee Waiver feature
- Select the type of fee you want to waive
- Choose LSU and answer a few questions about your financial situation
- Indicate whether or not you want a counselor’s signature and submit your request
Obtaining your counselor’s signature will increase your chances of getting in. That is why DoNotPay offers a secondary feature designed to strengthen your case. If you decide to ask for your counselor’s signature, we will mail the form to your guidance counselor with a brief description of your financial circumstances. If you choose not to ask for your counselor’s confirmation, we will send the form directly to the LSU Office of Admissions.
Let DoNotPay Solve Your Other Administrative Issues
DoNotPay can help you get an extension for paying your electric bills in Illinois. In case you want to cancel your membership for ComEd or subscription to XSport, we can show you some time and money-saving hacks.
We can explain everything you should know about the clinical trials in Chicago and help you apply with zero risks. If you want to apply for a fee waiver on other colleges, our app works for all colleges across the U.S, like Stanford, Cornell, or Duke University.
Access our app from your and learn how to solve these and many other administrative issues. Look at all the tasks that DoNotPay can help you with:
- Protecting yourself from harassment and stalking
- Jumping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Contacting incarcerated loved ones
- Stopping annoying text spam
- Fighting speeding tickets in various states
- Canceling all kinds of subscriptions or memberships
- Filing a warranty claim
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Waiving college application fees
- Applying for all kinds of clinical trials
- Finding any unclaimed assets under your name
- Getting your revenge for robocalls
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay at the moment
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Acing government tests
- Filing insurance claims
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Suing everyone in small claims court
- Refunding delayed or canceled flights
- Getting refunds from other companies