How to Delete a Roku Account: The Simple Way
With an ever-increasing number of people canceling their cable subscriptions, streaming aggregation service Roku is more popular than ever. It allows you to stream content from hundreds of services, play games, and more on your television. But if you've stopped using it, ?
It would be difficult to delete your account if you can't remember your login information. Don’t worry, DoNotPay has come to the rescue with simple instructions on how to have your account deleted, even if you can't log in anymore.
Reasons to Delete Your Roku Account
There are a lot of reasons you may want to . You don't want to leave the account open but unused if:
you don't use it anymore
you're getting rid of your television
the account belongs to someone who has recently passed away, or
you’re sick of receiving promotional messages about the service.
It is always good to close out all unused, inactive accounts to prevent a data breach.
How to Delete Your Roku Account by Yourself
Roku only provides one primary way to delete your account, and that's through the website. If you're on the Roku homepage on your streaming box or stick, you won't be able to delete the account. You also won't be able to cancel your account if you have any active subscriptions; you will have to cancel these before you can close the account.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Delete Your Roku Account Online
In order to delete your Roku account online, follow these steps:
- Visit Roku on your computer or smartphone.
- Sign in to your Roku account.
- Go to the "Manage your subscriptions" page if you have any active subscriptions (such as to Netflix or other paid streaming services), and cancel those subscriptions.
- Select "Done" and return to the My Account page.
- Click the "Deactivate Account" button.
- Complete the feedback form to confirm that you want to delete your account.
- Click "Continue."
You will then see a confirmation page indicating that your Roku account has been deleted.
How Hard Is It to Delete a Roku Account?
It's easy to delete your Roku account as long as you have access to the username and password. If you've lost this, or you don't have access to the email address connected with the account, you will have a much harder time deleting your account. Thankfully, DoNotPay can help you recover your password if you've been locked out of your account or make an appeal if you’ve been banned from the service.
How to Delete Your Roku Account With DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! DoNotPay will submit a demand letter to the service provider on your behalf, verifying your account ownership and requesting for your account to be deleted.
We'll also ask for all of your personal data associated with the account to be deleted under the rights granted to you through data privacy regulations. You should hear back from them directly via email for more updates regarding your issue if they have any further questions or concerns.
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete a Roku Account
DoNotPay is the fastest, most effective way to delete old accounts, regardless of whether you have access to the accounts anymore. Because you have all the evidence you need in one place, you know DoNotPay will make the best case for you. You don't have to spend hours waiting for a response from Roku support, fill out complicated forms, or keep track of communication with multiple parties.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies with the Click of a Button
It isn't just Roku accounts that DoNotPay can help you with. DoNotPay can help you delete old, unused accounts from:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do much more than help you close old accounts. The world's first robot lawyer can help you:
- Fight spam in your email and text messages
- Create a perfect passport photo Apply for a pet license
- Get certified copies of a birth certificate, marriage certificate, and even a death certificate
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Get refunds for purchases such as plane tickets
- File a complaint against a company
and much more! Sign up today!