How to Delete Your Old EA Account Hassle-Free
Electronic Arts (EA) is a website that allows users to take advantage of different electronic games. You can use this to play free games and the latest games that are available for different gaming units. Sometimes, account holders want to move on to different sites or decide they need to deactivate their accounts, but it’s not as easy to delete an as it should be.
With a variety of steps in place to do on your own, DoNotPay makes this much simpler and takes on the hard work, so you don't have to.
How to Delete EA Account
If you have an EA account, and want to , you need to follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your account with both your password and the username. They will ask for your email address or your public ID, which is affiliated with your email address.
- Go to help.ea.com. This page is a bit tricky to navigate, but you want to go through and select the "Contact Us" link.
- From there, you will need to go through the dreaded steps of identifying different things about yourself to indicate that you're the account holder.
- Select Pogo as the option in the game box.
- If you have a MAC or PC, you will need to indicate that also.
- At the next step, you will see two different boxes. How you complete them will determine their ability to be used. In the "Topic" box, you want to choose the option, "Manage my Account."
- In the Issue box, you want to choose, "Delete my Account" so they know what you are attempting to do. Any other selection could prevent them from closing your account.
- Choose the Select Contact Option. Here you should be able to choose live chat to get someone right away, but that is not always available. Your best option is to email, provide your email address, and wait to hear back from them. Note that if you use a different email address than what is on file, they may not accept your request.
There are so many tedious steps to this process, and if it is not completed correctly, the request will be thrown out and your account will remain active.
Here’s a summary of your options:
|Can I Delete With
Reasons to Delete Your EA Account
There are several reasons why you may want to delete your EA Account, and they are listed below:
- You no longer intend to maintain the account. If you are not going to be a member then it is time to close it.
- You have been the victim of hacking and want all unused accounts with information removed.
- You have created a new account with a new email and/or password.
These are the most common reasons that account holders decide to remove their EA accounts, which is your right. When you set up the EA account originally, they asked you for specific information that, in the event they are hacked, could be devastating for you and invade your privacy.
Issues You Might Run Into Deleting Your EA Account
If you have gone through the steps of deleting your EA account, and you still cannot get it removed, then there may be a few issues that you are running into:
- The message is not getting through to a representative. When you make a selection in the topic or issue box, if it is not exactly correct, it may not be recognized and then later processed properly.
- You no longer have access to the email where the login was stored.
- You no longer remember the password.
These are some of the most common issues that EA account holders find regularly, making it difficult and nearly impossible to delete their accounts.
How to Delete Without a Password
If you do not have your password, you may find yourself unable to . You do need to be able to sign in to your account, so you can try the 'forgot my password’ link and attempt to reset it. This will not help, however, if you opened the account under an email address that is no longer active.
Next Steps if You Can't Do It Yourself
If you have gone through the different steps outlined for deleting your EA account and it is still active, it is time to enlist the help of DoNotPay. DoNotPay has a tried and true system that will take out the stress and issues of deleting your account on your own. All you have to do is provide essential information, and they will take on the rest.
Delete Your EA Account With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Your EA Account?
Being able to successfully delete this account is done when you use DoNotPay. DoNotPay is the best for this process because it is:
- Simple. You can make this request in just a few steps that are easy and require minimal effort from you.
- Convenient. You can do this anywhere, no matter where you are as long as you have your smartphone available.
- Efficient. When you use DoNotPay to assist with this task, the probability of success in deleting your EA account improves significantly.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you delete unwanted accounts, DoNotPay can assist with other tasks and features that you can get easy and quick assistance with deleting other accounts like:
DoNotPay can also help you:
DoNotPay wants you to be able to complete your traditionally tedious tasks without all the hassle.