Easily Delete Your Facebook Account
Facebook has done a lot for the world, good and bad. What started as a site for college kids to connect has morphed into something that connects the whole world. Facebook helps relatives stay in touch, and can help you find an old friend.
But as social media grows, its negative effects are becoming more obvious. Social media, like Facebook, can be dangerous. Deleting your Facebook account may be a good idea, but it may not be easy. Luckily, DoNotPay can help. Their account deletion product can do all the heavy lifting for you. You'll be Facebook-free faster with DoNotPay.
Why Delete a Facebook Account?
There are many reasons to delete your Facebook account:
- Protect yourself from data breaches. All your personal information is at risk in the event of a hack. According to HowToGeek, when one site is hacked, the hackers can use that information to break into other accounts. Even if Facebook's security remains intact, your information could still be compromised.
- Stay away from social engineers. Social Engineering isn't a new phenomenon, but it's taking off in a big way thanks to the internet. Social engineers find out things about you, and then use that information to steal your identity. For example, a social engineer could find out your mom's maiden name, your hometown, and even your pet's name from your Facebook profile. They can use that data to gain access to your financial accounts by tricking bank personnel.
- Improve your mental health. Social media is great for staying in touch, but it forces us to draw constant comparisons to others. According to Salon, a recent study has shown that staying off Facebook for just a month can seriously improve well-being.
How to Delete a Facebook Account
If you can log in to your account, deleting your Facebook account is easy, according to Childnet:
- Navigate to your Facebook home page
- Click the drop-down arrow in the top right. Select 'Settings and Privacy' from the drop-down list
- When the next list appears, click 'Settings'
- Your information will appear at the center of the screen. On the left panel, choose 'Your Facebook Information'
- Find the 'Deactivation and Deletion' option. It should be the last one on your screen. Select 'View' next to this option
- Here you can choose to deactivate or delete. To proceed with account deletion, check 'Delete' and continue to the next page
What to Keep In Mind When Deleting Facebook
Deleting Facebook can be freeing, but you will lose your information. Keep the following in mind when deleting your account:
- You will have 30 days to undo account deletion. After 30 days you will not be able to reactivate your account
- Once you delete Facebook, you will no longer have access to Facebook Messenger
- All your data will be deleted when you delete your Facebook account. This means you must save any photos, messages, or posts before deletion
- If you use Facebook to log in to other apps, you will no longer have access to those accounts either
Deleting a Facebook Account Without Login Information on Your Own
You need your password to delete Facebook. If you've lost your login information, you still may be able to delete your account. According to Techlicious, there are two ways to go about it.
Recover the Password
It is possible to use Facebook's Identify service to search for your old account and send a password reset. If you don't have access to your email, this option won't work.
You can also try DoNotPay's password recovery service.
If you set up the Trusted Friends feature when you set up your account, you can use this to get your password and delete your account. Just select three friends, and they'll receive a reset code to pass along. This only works if you have set up the Trusted Friends feature before losing access to your account.
The table below summarizes the different methods to delete accounts:
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Delete Facebook With DoNotPay
Can't delete your account on your own? Don't worry. There's still a way.
If you want to delete your Facebook account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Getting rid of Facebook could change your life, and secure your identity. Don't use the time and effort it takes to do it as an excuse. Use DoNotPay instead. DoNotPay will delete your Facebook account for you. It's fast, easy, and successful.
DoNotPay Helps Delete Accounts With Hundreds of Companies and Services
DoNotPay can help you delete accounts with companies well beyond Facebook. Among those you can get assistance with are:
Ready to get started? Join DoNotPay today!