How to Delete Fitbit Account and Data In a Snap
Using a Fitbit is a great way to stay in touch with your fitness, count calories, and keep track of your heart rate throughout the day. A great gift item as well as a personal health device, Fitbits are very popular with people of all ages for their multitude of benefits and perks. However, when you want to get rid of your Fitbit account, you could experience some confusion.
DoNotPay is your one-stop solution for learning . DoNotPay can help you delete all unwanted accounts, helping you to manage your profile online and reducing the likelihood that your data is exposed in a breach. If you want to learn how to delete a Fitbit account without frustration, keep reading!
Why Would You Delete a Fitbit Account?
A Fitbit keeps track of some sensitive health information, so if you no longer use your Fitbit, you have good reason to delete your account from the app or website. Here are some other reasons why you might want to :
- If you are planning on giving your Fitbit to someone else and don't want your information tied to the device.
- If the Fitbit doesn't work anymore and you want to recycle it or throw it away.
- If you are going to sell the Fitbit and want to wipe your information before passing it on.
How to Delete a Fitbit Account on Your Own
Deleting a Fitbit account on your own can be tricky. For one thing, there are two different ways to delete a Fitbit account, depending on whether you use the Fitbit app or the website dashboard.
Here are the instructions to delete a Fitbit account yourself for both methods, according to the Fitbit help site:
- For the app, sign in and navigate to the "Today" tab.
- Tap your profile picture and scroll down to where you see the "Manage Data" button.
- Click on "Manage Data" and when it opens, you should see an option that says Delete account.
- Tap that, and follow the prompts to fully erase your Fitbit account. You will be prompted several times to verify your personal details before managing to delete your account. You should receive a confirmation notice once your account is successfully deleted.
For the Fitbit website, the instructions are slightly different. Here's what you can try:
- Once you are logged in, click the gear icon by "Settings."
- Scroll down and click "Delete account." You will then be prompted to verify your personal information again before following the steps onscreen.
Please note that, according to the Fitbit website, it can take up to seven days before your Fitbit account will be fully deleted. After that time, your account is frozen and cannot be recovered. However, it can take up to 90 days before your account is fully deleted, so keep this in mind in case you were planning on selling your Fitbit or passing it along to a friend or relative.
|Can I Delete With||Yes/No|
DoNotPay Makes it Easy to Delete Old Accounts
If it seems slightly overwhelming to delete your Fitbit account on your own, DoNotPay has got you covered. DoNotPay's Delete Old Accounts product helps you clean up your online footprint by deleting old accounts that you no longer use, with total ease and peace of mind.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
That's all there is to it! With the assistance provided by DoNotPay, it is easier than ever to manage your online footprint and delete old accounts that you rarely use. Let DoNotPay help you delete those old accounts and streamline your presence on the internet.
How Else Can DoNotPay Simplify Your Life?
DoNotPay is the easiest way to manage your privacy online. Deleting your old accounts is a breeze when you use DoNotPay's simple system! Here are some subscriptions DoNotPay can help you delete your old accounts from: