How to Delete Your AWS Account
Cloud computing software is vital to individuals, companies, and governments wishing to do their business online. Cloud computing is the on-demand availability of data storage and computing power, and is the backbone to being able to successfully share and store data online. Whether you are a start-up looking to run web and application servers, a larger company needing to deliver huge amounts of data, or just someone looking to store files on a cloud, cloud computing software makes this all possible.
One of the most utilized cloud computing software services available on the web is Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS is a subsidiary of Amazon that allows its millions of users to run its cloud applications on a pay-as-you-go scale.
However, perhaps you are scaling down your business or no longer require paid storage services. In these cases, you may be looking to delete your account. This DoNotPay guide can walk you through how to successfully delete your AWS account and the steps necessary to do so.
Reasons You May Want to Delete Your AWS Account
Even if you have been satisfied with your AWS experience, there are still many reasons why you may no longer need an account, such as:
- Your storage needs have changed
- The price for AWS services are too high
- Your business has closed and you no longer require AWS services
- You are looking at different options for cloud computing software
No matter the reason for wanting to delete your account, there are few reasons why you shouldn't be able to do so on your own. However, the steps to delete your account on your own are not as simple as clicking a button.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
DoNotPay can walk you through what you need to delete your AWS account on your own, but we are also here to offer a simpler alternative. DoNotPay has a product that can help you easily and successfully delete your AWS account without having to follow their confusing and time-consuming steps.
How to Delete Your AWS Account On Your Own
If you no longer wish to use AWS cloud computing software, the following steps will walk you through deleting your account on your own:
- Go to this website to see the full description of steps to delete your account
- Log in to your AWS account
- Terminate all your services before you can proceed with deleting your account
- Pay any outstanding bills you owe for services
- Go to the AWS Management Console, then choose My Account
- Scroll to the Close Account tab
- Check all the boxes and select Close account
Within a few minutes, you will receive an email confirming that you have deleted your account. AWS suggests you read and understand the terms of closing your account, which implies that it is not as simple as clicking the Close Account button. The steps themselves are quite confusing and if you are not completely familiar with the platform, deleting your account may feel like a very daunting task.
Just because you want to delete your AWS account doesn't mean you should have to take on such a time-consuming and frustrating task. DoNotPay can help you quickly close your account without following all the tedious steps laid out on the AWS website.
As long as you can provide the necessary information to DoNotPay, we can do the rest of the work for you. Whether you are deleting a personal account or an organization account, DoNotPay's Delete Account product can help take the hard work out of this task.
DoNotPay Is Here to Help You
If you no longer have the need for an AWS account, you can easily close your account using DoNotPay's Delete Account product. If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! You won't need to follow all the extra steps on the AWS website. DoNotPay can successfully wrap up any outstanding tasks and ensure your services are correctly terminated before closing your AWS account.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
DoNotPay can also help you delete old accounts on:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you delete your accounts, DoNotPay can also help you access old accounts that you no longer have login information for and get into accounts that have been hacked. We can help you:
- Appeal a banned account
- Get off a spam email list
- Find free trials on products and services
- File a complaint
- Request an item return
Sign up for DoNotPay today and learn which of our many life-simplifying services can be put to work for you.