How To Delete A Glassdoor Account
Glassdoor is an independent review service for current and past employees in the United States, and it's a good idea to delete your inactive Glassdoor account since it undermines your data privacy. Because it isn't frequently maintained, your old Glassdoor account is highly vulnerable to data leaks and information theft. One of the most remarkable ways to preserve your data is to delete your inactive accounts.
It is a fact that people open accounts online and forget their login information due to inactivity. Recovering old passwords and deleting accounts can be very stressful, and people do not do it.
DoNotPay has a Delete Old Accounts service to help you recover forgotten passwords, phone numbers and delete your inactive online accounts if you can't do it yourself.
How Can You Delete Your Glassdoor Account
Glassdoor is a terrific resource for job hunters, with increasing employer evaluations and the most recent job openings. You may choose to terminate your membership if you don't utilize Glassdoor services anymore. If you , you will lose access to all of your data on the site, therefore protecting your information security.
As a user, you have two options for deleting your Glassdoor account. You can:
- Delete your Glassdoor account by Email.
- Or using their website.
Deleting Glassdoor Account Through Email
Follow the steps below to delete your account:
- Sign in to the Email you used to register with Glassdoor.
- Draft a message to Glassdoor support using the company Email.
- On the subject line, type in a request to delete your account.
- Write a message requesting account deletion with them and ask them to erase any other data on you if available.
Deleting Glassdoor Account Through Their Website
- Sign in to the Glassdoor website.
- Select the HUMAN icon at the top right side of the page.
- You will be redirected to a menu.
- Select the ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- Scroll down and select the CLOSE ACCOUNT
- You will be asked to type in your password to confirm your request.
- Glassdoor will permanently delete your account.
And that's it!
Why You Should Delete Your Inactive Glassdoor Account
It's simple to accumulate a long list of inactive accounts. Other than collecting virtual dust, these outdated accounts are not doing any harm in some respects. However, keeping too many inactive logins might be problematic from a security standpoint. Think of what would happen if the site's programmer got out of control or hackers gained access to the service provider's database.
When you first register with Glassdoor, the service asks you for your Email address, or you can register using your Facebook or Google account. Registering through Facebook means that malicious individuals can access your vital information. A password is also required. Most of us use the same password across different platforms, like Instagram, which puts our data at risk of cyber-attacks.
Even if you don't duplicate passwords, the personal details linked with an old, dormant account might provide hackers with answers to login details on some other online accounts. It's a good idea to erase your personal information from inactive accounts to preserve your data privacy.
How Hard Is It to Delete a Glassdoor Account
You might run into unexpected issues when you want to delete your Glassdoor account. You may not have access to:
- Your password
- Recovery email
- Phone number
Therefore, accessing your Glassdoor account will be very hectic since you will need the above details to access the platform.
How to Delete Your Glassdoor Account Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay will help you delete your account and solve any other problems, such as, to recover your password, unban your account, and manage your subscriptions. We understand how stressful it can be for you to delete your account, especially when you encounter issues such as not accessing your recovery Email.
If you encounter issues when deleting your account and can't do it yourself, DoNotPay will sort you out in 7 simple steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails/phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Can I Delete With — Yes/No
What Else Can DoNotPay Do
Deleting your Glassdoor account isn't the only issue that DoNotPay will sort for you; we can also:
- Appeal your banned accounts
- Collect all spam on your accounts
- Manage your free trials
- File complaints for you
- Request item return for you
Reach out to us at DoNotPay today. We have got you covered!