How to Delete Your Amazon Account Easily
If you want to keep your data secure, it's important to delete old, unused accounts. Having your information sitting online is a known hazard for data privacy.
It's often not as easy as you might hope to delete an account. Perhaps you no longer have your log-in information, and you might have changed email addresses or phone numbers, which could affect your ability to recover it.
If you want to learn how to delete your Amazon account, there are several steps you will need to follow. And if you have any trouble or would like someone else to take on the task for you, now you have the resource you've been looking for: DoNotPay.
How to Delete Your Amazon Account on Your Own
If you decide at some point that you would like to discover how to delete your Amazon account, you can do so by going to Amazon's site and doing the following:
- Go to Close Your Amazon Account.
- Sign in to the account you want to close.
- Review the products and services associated with your account.
- If you still wish to proceed, select a reason in the drop-down menu, tick the box next to “”Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon account and delete my data,” and click Close my Account.
It does not end the process, however. It's only the beginning.
After you submit your request, a confirmation email will be sent to the address associated with your account, or a text message will be sent to your cell phone. To complete your request, you will need to reply confirming it within five days.
It is important to note that requesting deletion of your account in this way will also delete all personal information associated with the account, and you will not be able to recover any of this information after it is deleted.
Delete Your Amazon Account Using DoNotPay
There are several ways things could go wrong for you if you try to delete your Amazon account using the above method. Some examples include:
- You may not have access to your Amazon account for some reason. Perhaps you've forgotten your password.
- You may no longer have the email address or phone number to which the confirmation message would be sent.
- If you don't respond to the confirmation message within five days, your deletion request will not be completed.
That are a lot of ways in which something could go wrong. Luckily, though, you now have another resource at your disposal as well: DoNotPay. DoNotPay can act as an advocate for you when you're trying to delete an old Amazon account and find yourself running into these sorts of obstacles.
Alternative Ways to Delete Your Account
The last thing you want to do in deleting your account is to remember your old login details. However, if you want to take that path, here are some things you may do:
|Password Manager||You’re lucky if you have used a password manager for a long time. Open your password manager and locate the account you want to delete. It’s too easy to log back into the account and delete it.|
|Access the email you have used to register for the account. Check if you have saved a copy of your login details to your inbox folder.|
|Recovering Passwords||Access the website where you want to delete your account. Click on “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts. Hope that the mobile number or email address you are using now is the same as what is registered on your account.|
If you don’t want to do the above-stated processes, let DoNotPay do the work for you.
How to Delete Old Accounts Using DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails/phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete My Amazon Account?
DoNotPay can assist you in exercising your rights related to your accounts and data. If you use our Delete Old Accounts product, we'll get some information from you to verify account ownership. Then we'll send a demand letter to Amazon for you, letting them know that you wish to delete your account and associated data. We make sure you exercise all the rights granted to you by data privacy laws.
What Other Kinds of Accounts Can DoNotPay Help Me Delete?
DoNotPay can help you delete all sorts of accounts, not just your Amazon account. Here are just a few examples of other accounts that DoNotPay can assist you with deleting:
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete My Amazon Account?
DoNotPay will leave no legal stone unturned in helping you exercise your data and privacy rights. And even more important, we will get through the process quickly yet accurately. DoNotPay is
Give DoNotPay a try today to see how it can help you delete your Amazon account with no hassle.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help With Old Accounts?
There are many other ways in which DoNotPay can assist you with old accounts. These include the following:
- Robocall compensation
- Neighbor complaints
- Jump the phone queue for any company
- Get help with bills
- File insurance claims
- File a customer complaint
- Appeal parking tickets in any U.S. city
Give DoNotPay a try today to see all the ways it can help you deal with the bureaucracy in your life.