Signed Up for Premium and Changed Your Mind? Get Discord Nitro Refund Fast!
Originally aimed at gamers, Discord evolved into one of the most popular group-chat platforms for all sorts of communities.
Discord consists of servers filled with text channels, in which you can connect with other members and browse topics.
The basic service is free of charge, but Discord Nitro, a premium version, comes with additional perks like GIF Avatars, custom and animated emojis, access to high-resolution video, and server boosting.
As a premium subscriber, you might be interested to know how to get a refund if you were to cancel your subscription.
Can You Get a Refund for Discord Nitro?
You can get a refund for your Discord Nitro Subscription, but there are limitations.
If you purchased your Discord Nitro subscription on the company’s website, you can request a refund only within five days from the initial purchase date.
After those five days, if you cancel Discord Nitro, you won’t get your money back. Discord doesn’t offer prorated refunds for partially used subscriptions.
In case you paid for Discord Nitro on the App Store, you’ll have to check what terms and conditions they have regarding refunds for your specific purchase. Apple refund policy changes all the time, but in most cases, refunds are available.
The same rule applies if you purchased Nitro on Google Play—you have to check Google Play refund rules. In most cases, you can get a refund within the first 48 hours.
What Is Discord Refund Policy on Other Items?
Discord has a short but precise refund policy. Here is a list of non-refundable items:
- Gifts that have been claimed
- Games with more than two hours of playtime
- Downloadable content (DLC)
- In-app purchases (IAP) regardless of the game
While there are no refunds for claimed gifts, you can get your money back for unclaimed ones within five days from the initial purchase date.
If a game gift is unclaimed, you can get a refund if you purchased it within 14 days.
Games are refundable if you purchased them within the last 14 days and have less than two hours of playtime.
How To Get a Refund for Discord Nitro
You can buy a Discord Nitro subscription on the website, App Store, or Google Play store, which means you need to use the same method to cancel your subscription and get a refund. You can also use DoNotPay for a faster result.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
How To Get a Discord Nitro Refund on the Discord Website
To get a Discord Nitro refund, you have to submit a request on the Discord support page.
Follow these steps to do it:
- Go to the Discord website
- Click on the Support button in the top menu
- Click on Submit a request when the new page loads
- Select Billing from the What can we help you with drop-down menu
- Type in your email address
- Choose Nitro Refund from the second drop-down menu
- Type in Nitro Refund Request in the Subject line field
- Elaborate on the problem in the Description field
- Choose your Discord platform from the last drop-down list
- Add attachments if necessary
- Click on the Submit button
How To Get a Discord Nitro Refund for the App Store Purchase
Follow these steps to terminate Nitro and get a refund from Apple:
- Go to the Report a Problem page on Apple’s website
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password
- Look for the Discord Nitro subscription
- Click on Report a Problem button next to the Discord icon
- Follow the prompts to request a refund
- Choose the refund reason
- Submit your request
How To Get a Discord Nitro Refund on Google Play
You can get your money back for Discord Nitro by requesting a refund on the Google Play website or with the Google Assistant.
For the first option, you need to access the Google Play website on your computer.
- Go to the Google Play website
- Log in to your account
- Click on the Account tab on the left side menu
- Click on the Order History tab
- Find Discord Nitro
- Select Request a refund
- Select the option that describes your situation
- Fill in the form
- Mention that you want a refund
Another option is to use the Google Assistant on your device to ask for a refund. You can access Google Assistant on your phone if you touch and hold the home button.
How To Get a Discord Nitro Refund With DoNotPay
Regardless of the payment method, you can request a Discord Nitro refund with DoNotPay.
Our app allows you to initiate a chargeback on your Discord Nitro payment, which you are entitled to according to the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA). You can dispute any credit card charges within 60 days of the purchase as long as the amount is over $50
Here is what you need to do:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Tap Chargeback Instantly
- Give the transaction info to our chatbot
- Enter Discord as the name of the merchant
We will then send a dispute letter to your bank and provide you with Visa and Mastercard codes to strengthen your case. DoNotPay will also reach out to Discord and request a refund from them.
Chargeback Instantly works with other services as well. Check out what big companies we can get a refund from on your behalf:
How Do I Check the Status of My Nitro Refund Request?
If you asked for a refund on the Discord website, you should get an email informing you about the progress. You can contact the company on Twitter in case you don’t get an answer via email.
If you went through Apple, you’ll receive an update within 48 hours, but you can check the status anytime on the Report a Problem page.
An Android user can expect an email, but you can also sign in on the Google Play website and check the status.
How Long Will the Company Take To Refund Discord Nitro Subscription?
Waiting time depends on the original payment method. Once your refund request is approved, it can take anywhere from 48 hours to 60 days for the money to show up in your account.
Learn How To Use DoNotPay To Solve Your Problems
We can help you with any of these issues, but that is only the beginning. Open DoNotPay in your web browser and find the right tool to make your life easier.
Some tasks we can take over are:
- Disputing parking tickets
- Dealing with challenging bills
- Providing protection from stalking and harassment
- Procuring refunds from other companies and service providers
- Blocking spam emails for good
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Scheduling a DMV appointment without any complications
- Settling credit card problems
- Getting out of subscriptions or memberships
- Obtaining refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Getting even with robocall scammers
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Signing up for free trials with no risk
- Blocking spam text messages from reaching you
- Applying for clinical trials
- Safeguarding your work against copyright infringement