All You Need to Know About Airbnb Refund Policy
Airbnb is a San Francisco-based online company that offers travelers all over the world an affordable alternative to traditional accommodation. More often than not, it happens that we have to cancel our travel plans. Read on to learn all you need to know about the Airbnb refund policy — and how you can get your money back fast.
Airbnb Guest Refund Policy
Airbnb has a specific set of rules on the Guest Refund Policy in its Terms of Service. All users who have booked accommodation through the platform can request a refund in case problems with their booking arise. The company has a list of “Travel Issues,” which make the user eligible for an Airbnb refund. To learn more, you can always contact the company’s support team.
How to Get Airbnb Refund on Your Own
As a user, you can request an Airbnb refund through the company itself. The process is tricky and takes more than several steps. There is plenty of crucial information you must consider beforehand.
Make Sure Your Problem Makes You Eligible for a Refund Request
To even request an Airbnb refund through the company, you must be eligible for placing your claim. The following list features some essential factors to keep in mind:
- Your host has canceled your reservation
- Your host has not provided the information or the tools needed to enter the accommodation
- The accommodation did not fit the listing according to which you made your reservation
- The accommodation is not prepared for your stay, i.e., it’s unsanitary or unhealthy.
Keep the Deadlines in Mind
Generally, Airbnb Guest Refund Policy dictates you must report an issue 30 days before your stay if you mean to get your refund. There are also instances in which you may do so after your check-in. In that case, how much you will be reimbursed depends on whether you have reported your issue within 24 hours of your check-in or not.
Know All the Conditions of Requesting a Refund
As if this was not already too much to keep track of, there is also a strict set of rules you must abide by for the company to even consider granting your refund request. If you are making your request after your check-in, make sure that you:
- Booked a reservation via the company
- Reported your issue within 24 hours of encountering it
- Are not the one who has caused the issue by any means
- Have clear evidence of the issue
- Are available to meet any other requests the company makes within the timespan its clients set
- Can leave the accommodation
Variations on Airbnb Refunds Policy
The last bit of information to keep in mind is that Airbnb allows its hosts to choose their variations on refunds policy. The best piece of advice here is to check which option your host is using before making your reservation since it’s your host you’ll have to deal with first if any issues with your travel plans arise and you need to cancel your booking.
Practical Steps to Airbnb Refunds
You can request a refund via Airbnb, though there are only two options. And then, of course, there’s also DoNotPay.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Request a Refund in Writing
Emailing the company is probably the option most people choose when they know they will need to cancel their booking at least a month before the planned stay. There is a certain number of steps to take here:
- Log into your Airbnb account via your browser or mobile app
- Choose the option that says Request Money
- Choose a reservation you mean to cancel
- Explain the problem you encountered in a couple of sentences or why you need to change your plans
- Choose the amount of refund you are requesting
Note that these all go to your respective host. If your host is unresponsive or you have any issues with them, you can then contact Airbnb itself via email or phone call, and they will interfere.
Make a Phone Call to Airbnb
Another way you can request a refund is by contacting Airbnb directly via a phone call. It is an option people likely choose when an issue occurs only hours before or even during their stay. The steps are as follow:
- Dial (855) 424-7262
- Wait for your call to be processed
- Report your issue to the client
- Wait for an email confirmation of your request to arrive
Whether you’re making your request by calling or emailing the company, you will have to wait an indefinite amount of time for your request to reach a client and for you to get a response. If you’re requesting a refund, let’s say, a month before your stay, the process will probably be successful, and in time, you will be fully refunded. It gets trickier if your issues are related to the hosts you have booked and you need to cancel your reservation and get your refund during the time of your stay.
To reduce the waiting time, use DoNotPay and skip waiting in phone queues!
Airbnb Refund Time
The time in which you can expect your Airbnb refund depends on when and how you have made your request. The company states the usual time is ten days after the cancelation has been successfully created. All this varies on your location and payment method, on which you can find more details here.
Request a Full Airbnb Refund With DoNotPay
It is not an exaggeration to conclude that requesting a refund through Airbnb is a complicated process. There are many details you have to keep in mind, like subtle changes in rules when it comes to issues before or during your stay and the steps you have to follow when making your request.
Because there is so much information found in Airbnb Guest Refund Policy, trying to entirely understand how the system works can get both confusing and time-consuming. It is why your best option is to request an Airbnb refund through DoNotPay. We can take the load off your back by getting in touch with the company for you so you can get your money back without all the hassle. There are only a few steps to requesting your refund via DoNotPay:
- Access DoNotPay account from your browser
- Go to Chargeback Instantly section
- Enter the bank and payment details you used to book Airbnb accommodation
- Specify it’s Airbnb you wish to request your refund from
- Enter the details of your reservation
- Verify your email and date of birth details
And there you have it! By requesting your Airbnb refund with DoNotPay, you’ll get rid of long phone queues and all the back-and-forth in the communication with the company itself.
This Is Far From Everything DoNotPay Can Do!
DoNotPay is the first robot lawyer in the world. We take many stressful tasks related to online payment off your back and help you get your money back quickly. You can create your DoNotPay account using your web browser and learn what we offer as soon as today. Some crucial issues DoNotPay takes care of for you are as follows:
- Canceling subscriptions and memberships
- Skipping phone queues when contacting companies
- Suing robocallers
- Setting up DMV meetings efficiently
- Appealing parking tickets anywhere
- Settling air flight refunds
- Helping you stay safe from stalking and harassment
- Resolving credit card problems
- Settling any refunds
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Extending bills you can’t pay at the moment
- Appealing speeding tickets
- Settling small claims court appeals