Book a Meeting With a Center City Notary in a Snap!
Getting your documents notarized by a Center City notary doesn’t have to take hours. The standard process is lengthy, but we found a way around it!
Subscribe to DoNotPay and let us show you the quickest way to schedule your notary meeting. It won’t take more than five minutes!
What Does a Center City Notary Do?
Notaries in Center City, Philadelphia, mostly verify the signer’s identity and witness the signing of various documents. By adding their stamp and signature at the end, they verify that all legal protocols have been followed during the signing.
Notaries also check whether you are aware of the document contents and make sure you’re of sound mind during the signing process.
What To Expect From a Center City Notary?
If you decide to get your documents notarized by visiting a notary in person, this is how the process unfolds:
- Find a nearby notary
- Inquire about the fees and other notary-related specifics
- Schedule an appointment
- Prepare the documents you need to get notarized
- Make sure to bring your photo ID, passport, or driver’s license
- Show up for the meeting in person
- Prove your identity
- Pay the fees
- Sign the documents
- Wait for the notary to finalize the process with their stamp and signature
In case you forget to bring your ID or another proof of identity, you will have to come back another time. A notary isn’t allowed to carry on with the process if they don’t confirm your identity.
You can avoid this lengthy procedure by opting for other notary services, such as mobile or remote online notarization.
The Alternative Center City Notary Services
Here are the methods you can choose instead of the standard in-person notarization:
How It Works
|Online notary service||A remote notary will witness the document signing in a video meeting and provide a digital stamp and signature. The entire process can be finished from your home or office|
|Mobile notary service||A mobile notary travels to a location of your choosing and notarizes your documents on the spot. They also charge additional travel and mileage fees, so this isn’t the most affordable option|
|Electronic notary service||Electronic notaries perform their service in the same way as regular notaries. The only difference is that they notarize documents in a digital format and provide digital stamps and signatures|
|Notary signing agent||A notary signing agent mostly notarizes loan documents. You can find one in different online registries or financial institutions|
What Documents Can a Center City Notary Notarize?
While some documents require notarization to be legally binding, others are off-limits for notaries. Notaries public are forbidden from putting their stamp and seal on them. Check out the specifics in the table below:
|Can Be Notarized||Can’t Be Notarized|
How To Locate a Center City Notary
Finding a notary by yourself can be tedious and time-consuming. We made a list of specialized websites and public places offering notary services:
- Online registries—123notary.com, Notary.net, and American Association of Notaries
- Public places—Law/accountant offices, banks (Wells Fargo or Citibank), AAA stores, and UPS locations
Center City Notary Fees
The state of Pennsylvania sets a maximum fee that notaries in Center City can charge for particular notarial acts. The notary fees are as follows:
- Taking an acknowledgment—$5
- Taking an acknowledgment (each additional signer)—$2
- Administering an oath or affirmation (per individual act)—$5
- Taking a verification on an oath or affirmation (no matter how many signatures)—$5
- Witnessing or attesting a signature (per signature)—$5
- Certifying or attesting a copy or deposition (per certified copy)—$5
- Noting a protest of a negotiable instrument (per page)—$3
Notarize Documents With DoNotPay Like a Pro!
If you want to skip the hassle and schedule a meeting with a notary in a few minutes, DoNotPay is the way to go! Our service works around the clock, so you can make your appointment with a remote notary at any time.
All you have to do is sign up for DoNotPay and take the following steps:
- Locate and select the Notarize Any Document feature
- Submit the documents you want to notarize
- Type in your email address
Once you finish, DoNotPay will send you a link to a notary appointment timetable. You can book a meeting in seconds!
You won’t have to do anything in person because a notary will witness the signing via a video call and provide a digital stamp and signature.
If remote online notarization (RON) isn’t allowed in your state, don’t worry! DoNotPay will connect you to a notary from another state who can get the job done. The notarization will be valid in your state.
DoNotPay Gets the Job Done—Solve Any Issue Within Several Clicks
DoNotPay is an ever-growing app, which is constantly adding new ways to help you with your everyday tasks and those not so common.
Count on your virtual assistant when you need to:
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Get copyright protection
- Safeguard against stalking and harassment
- Take practice tests for numerous government exams
- Reduce your tax bill
- Obtain child travel consent forms
- Fight workplace discrimination
- Get help covering bills
Have Your Cake and Eat It Too—Earn, Save, and Get Your Money Back
Not only can we help you complete numerous tasks, but we can also make sure your money stays where it belongs—in your wallet. Let DoNotPay assist you in getting different types of refunds and compensation:
- Crime victim compensation
- Insurance claims
- Robocall compensation
- Refund and compensation for delayed or canceled flights