How To Cancel Microsoft With a Few Clicks on Your PC
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and sells computer software and hardware, cloud services, and gaming consoles. Some of their most popular products are Windows 10, Microsoft Word, Office 365, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and Xbox Live. Microsoft comes at a hefty price, so it’s no wonder people want to cancel the subscription. You can cancel your Microsoft subscription with our help.
Cancel Microsoft Subscription With DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a kind of personal virtual assistant that can cancel your subscriptions for you. With our help, you’ll avoid complicated cancellation processes with any company. DoNotPay will cancel any service within 48 hours.
Open our app in any web browser and do the following:
- Log in to your Microsoft account
- Click on Find Hidden Money
- Type in Microsoft as the name of the company you’re canceling
- Wait for your confirmation email that we’ll send once we’ve canceled
Can You Cancel With
How To Cancel Microsoft Subscription Manually
You can cancel your Microsoft subscription by yourself, but it’s always risky to leave your cancellation in the hands of the company that wants to bill you. Sometimes they’ll prolong the process so that they charge your credit card again.
In order to cancel your Microsoft subscription, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account
- Go to Services and Subscriptions
- Look for your subscription and click on Manage
- Tap on Cancel or Upgrade or Cancel when the next page opens
- Follow the instructions provided
Canceling for business products is a little different especially when you have 25 licenses assigned to users. If this is the case with you, then you have to contact Microsoft directly in one of the two following ways:
- Via Phone
Cancel Microsoft Business Subscription Online
You have to be an admin so as to access Microsoft’s admin center. In order to cancel online follow these steps:
- Open Admin Center
- Click on the Need Help? Option
- Select the source of your inquiry
- Select Contact Support if you didn’t get what you were looking for
- Describe your problem, input your email address and number
- Click on Contact Me
Cancel Microsoft via Phone
Billing support for admins is available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday–Friday, and technical support is open 24/7. You may contact them at 1-800-865-9408.
What Problems Might Arise When Canceling Microsoft?
Microsoft support page states that some slight difficulties might occur when you try to cancel your membership. The possible problems could be:
- The Manage button doesn’t appear
- You can’t cancel your subscription
- You can’t turn off recurring billing
Microsoft offers a few solutions:
- Check whether you’ve signed in with the right account
- See if the payment method should be changed or updated
- Go to Microsoft Terms of Sale and go through their cancellation policy
- Find out if your subscription needs to be canceled because it might be the kind of subscription that will expire on its own—this is likely the case if instead of Manage you find Turn on Recurring Billing
Does Microsoft Free Trial Automatically Become a Paid Subscription?
Microsoft offers a 30-day free trial for Microsoft 365 Business Standard, Microsoft 365 Business Premium, and Microsoft 365 Apps for business. After the 30 days, your subscription auto-renews into a paid subscription.
Microsoft will require you to input your credit card information. This is where DoNotPay is your solution—with our virtual credit cards you won’t have to give your real information at all!
Use DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card To Stop the Automatic Renewal
DoNotPay’s free virtual credit card is a randomly generated credit card number that you can use to sign up for free trials. The main idea behind this is that DoNotPay’s virtual credit card contains no deposit. The company will try to charge you, they’ll fail, and then, cancel your subscription by themselves.
The number you get through a virtual credit card generator seems legitimate to the vendor and they can’t tell the difference between a real and a fake credit card. You can have as many free trials as you like with DoNotPay’s virtual credit card for free.
Will Microsoft Prorate the Cancellation?
Yes, Microsoft will grant you a prorated refund. They will refund you the money within the next billing cycle.
DoNotPay Helps With Numerous Administrative and Legal Issues
DoNotPay is the number one app for the tedious administrative problems you deal with on a daily basis. If you need to report spam mail to Microsoft or block emails on Outlook, we can help. If you’re having problems with Microsoft robocalls, DoNotPay will show you how to get sweet revenge on them. We can assist you in canceling Xbox Live and getting an Xbox refund, too.
These issues are the tip of the iceberg of what DoNotPay can do. Open our app in your web browser and see what else we can make happen.
We’ll help you with:
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Getting rid of spam mail for good
- Stopping spam text messages
- Not waiting for the customer representative to pick up ever again
- Appealing speeding citations
- Getting even with robocalls
- Getting refunds from any company
- Starting free trials—no credit card info
- Taking people and companies to small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Disputing parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
How Will Microsoft’s Charges Show Up on Your Statement?
Wondering what the charges from Microsoft will look like on your bank statement? See in the table below:
|MSFT *ONEDRIVE 800MSBILL1 WA||MICROSOFT *OFFICE 3800-642-7676 NV||MICROSOFT*GROOVEMUSIBILL.XBOX.COM WA|
|Recur Debit Card Purchase MICROSOFT OFFICE 36 …27676 WA||MSFT *ONEDRIVE 000800MSBILL1 WA||MICROSOFT *OFFICE 36800-642-7676 WA|
|MICROSOFT *XBOX 00BILL.XBOX.COM WA||SEASTREAK E COMM 908-2168635 NJ||Recur Debit Card Purchase MICROSOFT *OFFICE 36 800-642-7676 WA|
|MICROSOFT *MSN 000800-386-5550 WA||MICROSOFT *||MICROSOFT *OFFICE 800-642-7676 WA|
|MICROSOFT *OFFICE O365.COM/BILL NV||MSFT *DEVELOPER 00BILL.MS.NET WA||RECURRING CHECK CARD PURCHASE MICROSOFT *OFFICE 36 08006427676 WA|
|MICROSOFT *STORE 0BILL.MS.NET NV||MICROSOFT *XBOX 00BILL.XBOX.COM NV||MSFT *OFFICE 0000 OFFICE.COM WA|
|MICROSOFT *OFFICE O365.COM/BILL WA||MICROSOFT *OFFICE 365 800-642-7676 WA||MICROSOFT *XBOXLIV800-469-9269 WA|
|MICROSOFT *OFFICE 3 800-642-7676 NV||PaymentTo Microsoft Corporation||MICROSOFT * 0000 BILL.MS.NET WA|
|Payment to Microsoft Corporation||MSFT *OFFICE 800-642-7676 NV||DEBIT CARD PURCHASE – MICROSOFT *OFFICE 36 800-642-7676 WA|
|MICROSOFT *OFFICE 3800-642-7676 WA||800-642-7676 WA||O365.COM/BILL WA|